Events and seminars
• Getting Ready to Get the Loan from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Gary Highfield of First Volunteer Bank will discuss the preparations necessary to secure a loan, including specific questions bankers will ask applicants. The event is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and people should call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• An Hour with A Bookkeeper from 11 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The Incubator, 100 Cherokee Boulevard. Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions LLC will speak on common bookkeeping mistakes small business owners should avoid. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Red Bank Council Meeting at noon Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center, located behind Erlanger North. Drew Johnson, opinion editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, will speak on “Behind the Scenes of the Editorial Page of Chattanooga Times Free Press.” Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Insurance from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The event is sponsored by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and covers a range of information about finding the right insurance. Call 756-8668 to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Melissa Gracias of MBG Organizing Solutions will speak.
• Experience Talks: Banking Benefits Beyond Loans from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at The Camp House, 1427 Williams St. The seminar is the sixth in an eight-month series that taps several of the area’s successful entrepreneurs to share stories about overcoming obstacles common to small businesses. Lunch will be provided at this free event, hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, The CO.LAB and the Chattanooga Chamber. Guests can register at www.colab.is/experience-talks or by calling 423-756-8668.
• Hixson Council Meeting at noon Wednesday at the North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. John Van Winkle, city traffic engineer, and Bill Payne, city engineer, will speak on upcoming improvements to the Hixson area. Meetings cost $10.
• North Hamilton County Council Meeting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga, 200 Shearer St. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The Incubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 756-8668 to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress