• Central High School class of 1952 will hold its 60-year reunion on Oct. 20 at The Chattanooga Choo-Choo from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., which includes a seated luncheon. Sunday brunch will be available in The Garden Room of the Choo-Choo on Oct. 21. Make reservations with Ken Hudgins, 867-9347.
• Alumni and employees of Sequoyah Vocational/Technology Center, 9517 Ridge Trail Road, are invited to Alumni Homecoming, which will be held Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on the high school's campus. For more information, call 843-4707.
• Tyner High School class of 1962 is holding its 50-year reunion Oct. 19-21. For more information, email Imogene Johnston Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 305-1447.
• Rossville Baptist Tabernacle is holding a cake and coffee fellowship and reunion of all former church members on Saturday, Oct. 27, 4-8 p.m., at 101 Hooker Road in Rossville. For more information, call 653-7171.
• Descendants of Arthur and Virgie Hale Brown will hold a reunion Saturday, Oct. 27, at the Bakewell Community Center, 4-6 p.m. Bring covered dishes for potluck supper. For more information, call 842-2815.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...