Events and seminars
• Downtown Council Meeting at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at The Double Tree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St. Joe Manicozi with the Asheville Downtown Partnership will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Southside Council Meeting at noon Thursday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. Meetings cost $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for River City Car Exchange LLC at 2 p.m. Thursday at River City Car Exchange, 4041 Hixson Pike.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other startup materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, the event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Ooltewah/College-dale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way.
• Intellectual Property Clinic from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday at The Co.lab, 55 E. Main St. Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel P.C. will offer free intellectual property advice to anyone starting or growing a business. To sign up for a 30-minute time slot, contact Allison Reedy at email@example.com.
• Ribbon Cutting for Pigtails & Crewcuts at 3:30 p.m. Friday at 7550 East Brainerd Road.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress