published Monday, September 3rd, 2012

Kitchen fire damages East Ridge home

A kitchen stove fire caused about $30,000 worth of damage to an East Ridge home this afternoon, but no one was injured, according to the East Ridge Public Safety department.

East Ridge fire and police departments were dispatched this afternoon to the home of Sue Gregory, 1609 McDonald Road, after her neighbors called 911 when the fire alarms started going off and seeing smoke coming out of the residence.

Firefighters were able to limit the scope of the fire and the damage to the residence’s kitchen. The fire appeared to be accidental, according to a news release.

There was no one at home at the time of the fire,and there are no injuries, authorities said.

Gregory’s two cats, Troubles and Meanness, were rescued by the East Ridge Fire Department personnel, according to the release.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.