• Baha'i Faith Center, 2405 Hamill Road, Hixson; 6 p.m. Thursday (and each third Thursday of month); women's interfaith Faith Club meets, with study materials chosen by group; 599-0153 or 505-4262.
• Guerry Auditorium, University of the South, Sewanee, Tenn.; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CDT Saturday, Sept. 22; "Creation, Evolution and God," conference exploring coexistence of creationism and evolution, led by Neil Ormerod, professor of theology at Australian Catholic University, Cynthia Crysdale, professor of Christian ethics and theology at the University of the South, and John Haught, senior research fellow at Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University; free; www.theol ogy.sewanee.edu.
• Union Fork Baptist Church, 350 Lee Pike, Soddy-Daisy; 6:45 p.m. Wednesday; Pioneer Club offered for children ages 3 to fifth grade; 332-4883.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave.; 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22; Forward, an eight-session ecumenical mutual support group for people who have lost a spouse recently or in the past, begins; free; 756-2021.
• Bethel Baptist Church, 1450 Oakdale Highway, Harriman, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806.
• Brainerd Baptist BX, 4011 Austin St.; 6:30 p.m. Thursday; testimony and concert by Sheila Ray Charles, daughter of the late singer Ray Charles; 313-8888.
• Macedonia Baptist Church, 365 Macedonia Road, South Pittsburg, Tenn.; 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday; concert by Bo Cox; 942-6903.
• Oakwood Community Church, 3927 Webb Road; 6 p.m. Sunday; monthly singing features Stephen Roberts, the Appointed Quartet and others; 903-3652.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features Pure Heart Quartet and Anthem Voices Trio; 706-891-5683.
• Pine Hill Baptist Church, 12626 Highway 41, Tunnel Hill, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Sunday; concert by the Dumplin Valley Trio of Morristown, Tenn.; 706-937-3107.
• Sequoyah Church of God, 2007 Frankie Lane, Soddy-Daisy; 6 p.m. Thursday; concert by The Currers; 332-3834.
• Simpson United Methodist Church, 601 McFarland Ave., Rossville, Ga.; 3 p.m. Sunday; Sunday Afternoons at Simpson concert features Broadway hits, sacred music and spirituals by the Scenic City Chorale, clarinetist Jay Craven, percussionist Preston Gonter and bassist Gary Hicks; free; 706-866-3410.
• Lee University, 150 11th St. (Conn Center); 7:30 p.m. Sunday; nontraditional U-Church service for students, alumni and friends features Grammy-nominated worship band Leeland; free; 614-8347 or http://leelandonline.com.
• Unity of Chattanooga, 604 Black St.; 7 p.m. Wednesday; fall equinox prayer and meditation service; www.unityofchattanooga.org.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...
related articles »
The Rev. Jeff P. Crim will be ordained and installed as pastor of Ascension Lutheran Church, 720 S. Germantown Road, ...
• New Monumental Baptist Church, 901 Woodmore Lane; 7 p.m. Friday; black history observance, "Take a Walk Down Memory Lane," ...
• Daisy United Methodist Church, 9508 Dayton Blvd., Soddy-Daisy, 6:30 p.m. • First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave., 12:05 ...
Wright to succeed father as Wesley Chapel pastor