Blessing of animals
• White Oak United Methodist Church, 2232 Lyndon Ave., Red Bank; 10 a.m. today; Blessing of the Animals service; 877-6042 or www.whiteoakumc.org.
• Red Bank Baptist Church, 4000 Dayton Blvd.; 6-9 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29; live Money Map Seminar by Crown Financial Ministries offers practical financial help by explaining how God intersects with money and family lives; $25, including snacks and workbook; preregistration required; 877-4514 or crown.org.
• Hulsey Wellness Center, 4870 University Drive (Southern Adventist University), Collegedale, Tenn.; 7-9 p.m. Oct. 4 and Oct. 11; Collegedale University Church Community Health Outreach-sponsored vegetarian cookery classes offer demonstrations, heart-healthy recipe samples, health talks and door prizes; $5 for each or $7.50 for both; registration deadline Oct. 1; 396-3399 or 396-2134.
• Cohulla Baptist Church, 227 Strawhill Church Road S.E., Cleveland, Tenn.; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Charity Baptist Church, 400 Dalton Pike S.E., Cleveland, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features The Burns Family and Heirborn Quartet; 706-891-5683.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 7:30 p.m. Monday; Music at St. Paul's series concert by classical guitarist Jason Vieaux (reception follows); $10 adults, $5 students; 266-8195.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 7:30 p.m. Friday; Music at St. Paul's series concert by organist Keith S. Reas (reception follows); free; 266-8195.
• Signal Mountain Baptist Church, 939 Ridgeway Ave.; 6:30 p.m. Sunday; concert by Jericho Brass featuring cornet solo by Candice Kortyka; free; 443-5382.
• First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; noon Thursday; monthly Scenic City Women's Network luncheon features message "Flourishing: One Step at a Time" by counselor and columnist Tabi Upton; $10 members, $12 visitors; reservations deadline Tuesday; 698-6262 or email email@example.com.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...