Events and seminars
• Ribbon Cutting for Fred Astaire Dance Studio from 4 to 5 p.m. Monday at 6435 Lee Highway.
• Tax Seminar from 8 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Sponsored by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, the seminar will cover topics such as classification of workers, which factors are important and what to do if contacted by the IRS. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Ribbon Cutting for Modern Woodmen of America from 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at 510 Gunbarrel Road, Suite 700
• Brainerd/East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court, to review the council’s business plan. Meetings cost $10.
• CEG/BDC Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Karen Haren of Haren Insurance will discuss “How Health Care Reform Could Impact Your Business.” The seminar is free for CEG/INCubator clients and costs $10 for others. Contact Tabitha Erickson at 423-752-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• An Hour with My Attorney at 11 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Attorney Chuck Fisher will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Ribbon Cutting for Koko Fit Club from 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesday at 2275 Gunbarrel Road, Suite 105
• East Ridge Council Meeting at 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Meetings cost $10.
• Veterans Outreach Event from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the Humanities Auditorium on the Chattanooga State campus. U.S. Army Gen. Burwell “BB” Bell will speak. The Mobile Vet Center will be on site from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event is presented by Chattanooga State Community College, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Small Business Administration and Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• International Business Council Meeting from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Velvet Hernandez-Johnson, program implementation manager for Hispanic markets at Unum will speak. To register, call Gladys Pineda-Loher at 423-763-4345 or email@example.com.
• Financing Your Business — SBA Workshop from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar will put participants ahead of the game in government-guaranteed lending. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Maury Nicely of Evans, Harrison, Hackett, PLLC will speak on employment law.
• Ribbon Cutting for Office Furniture Warehouse from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at 5600 Brainerd Road.
• YPAC Professional Development Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress