Chattanooga police arrested nine people Tuesday after a four-month undercover operation investigating area smoke shops for synthetic drugs.
Officers seized about $250,000 of synthetic marijuana, synthetic cocaine, synthetic mushrooms and drug paraphernalia, police said.
Four stores were investigated: Bikers Emporium, 5829 Lee Highway; Pipe One, 6215 Lee Highway; Smoke 1, 2101 McCallie Avenue; and The Smoke Stack, 5012 Highway 58.
Eight of the nine people arrested were each charged with possession of controlled substance analogue for resale. They were:
* Rex Henry, 56, three counts
* Scott Smith, 30, two counts
* Forrest Anez, 29, three counts
* Jose Aguilar, 47, four counts
* Diana Anez, 27, one count
* Ronald Cameron, 40, one count
* Tommy Dean, 41, one count
* Maria Ibarra, 41, one count
* Christopher Wright, 40, was also arrested, but his charges have not yet been listed
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: