Chattanooga police arrested nine people Tuesday after a four-month undercover operation investigating area smoke shops for synthetic drugs.
Officers seized about $250,000 of synthetic marijuana, synthetic cocaine, synthetic mushrooms and drug paraphernalia, police said.
Four stores were investigated: Bikers Emporium, 5829 Lee Highway; Pipe One, 6215 Lee Highway; Smoke 1, 2101 McCallie Avenue; and The Smoke Stack, 5012 Highway 58.
Eight of the nine people arrested were each charged with possession of controlled substance analogue for resale. They were:
* Rex Henry, 56, three counts
* Scott Smith, 30, two counts
* Forrest Anez, 29, three counts
* Jose Aguilar, 47, four counts
* Diana Anez, 27, one count
* Ronald Cameron, 40, one count
* Tommy Dean, 41, one count
* Maria Ibarra, 41, one count
* Christopher Wright, 40, was also arrested, but his charges have not yet been listed
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
A 23-year old Fort Payne, Ala., man is behind bars on a $250,000 bond stemming from a combined 16 counts ...
For the second straight year, Chattanooga has recorded an above-average number of homicides.
When Stephen Scott Defriese woke up in a hotel room on Aug. 18, he didn't know he'd been missing for ...
North Georgia police confiscated thousands of packets of synthetic marijuana last week, and authorities are hoping the state will outlaw ...