The demographic groups with the highest jobless rates last month were:
1. Teenagers (age 16 to 19), 23.4 percent, down 0.9 percent from February
2. African-American workers, 13.8 percent, down 0.5 percent from February
3. Workers without a high school diploma, 12 percent, down 0.1 percent from February
4. Hispanic workers, 9.7 percent, down 0.4 percent from February
5. White workers, 7 percent, down 0.2 percent from February
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...