published Sunday, April 14th, 2013

Status Quo

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

114
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
alprova said...

Contrary to the belief of some that they are the only ones paying taxes, this Liberal Democrat loving soul prepared my 2012 income tax returns, filed them on Saturday, and I paid an extremely uncomfortable amount in taxes to the IRS and the Georgia Department of Revenue.

But that's okay, for I was able to keep most of what I earned over the year to pay my bills, invest in my business, and even had a little left over for the little things in life.

I've got no complaints. Life is good.

April 14, 2013 at 12:36 a.m.
degage said...

Good for you Al, you paid your fair share, Obama paid 18.4% and he is the 1%. He gave 150,000 to charity , why not give that to the government. Anyone that says pay your fair share should at least pay it. Even Biden paid a larger % than Obama. I don't want to hear anything about others not paying their fair share, Obama is the one touting that, not the other people. It's called "do as I say not as I do."

April 14, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I too paid a large amount of tax, on retirement income (my spouse's) on most of his SS, and on my income. I have no problem with paying taxes, though I sure don't like filing, being a complete idiot on such things. Thank Dog for Turbotax.

Curious, degage-why should Obama give the $150,000 to the government rather than charity? That is not the usual conservative stance.

April 14, 2013 at 7:44 a.m.
patriot1 said...

alpo....I'm ahead of you, I've already paid some on 2013.

April 14, 2013 at 8:01 a.m.
conservative said...

Back to the fairyland theme. Mr. Bennett must be a member.

There are eternal penalties for false marriages.

And God's penalty is much harsher than the IRS.

April 14, 2013 at 8:02 a.m.
degage said...

Ike, I only say that because of his fair share stance. I say if you are going to pay your fair share, don't claim any charity even when you give to it. Charity is charity, not a means to pay the government less money.

April 14, 2013 at 8:05 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Thanks. Sounded odd. If he gave that much to charity and claimed it, his overall % would have been lower, I would think. But mebbe I am wrong....

Most conservatives rather give to charity so they can have a say about who the money helps, where money to the government is distributed without their input.

conservative, how does gay marriage affect you personally? Threatens your marriage? Costs you money? Closes your church?

April 14, 2013 at 8:15 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Alprova & Ikeithlu,

These are the same people that said Mitt Romney's tax returns didn't matter. You remember, the tax returns where Romney's tax rate was 14.1%? Romney's charitable giving was seen as a positive attribute and his off-shore accounts were seen as "smart". Notice the inconsistency and hypocrisy of these WingNuts.

April 14, 2013 at 8:17 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I have not belonged to a church in so long, so I am curious: can tithing to a church be claimed as a charitable deduction?

April 14, 2013 at 8:31 a.m.
patriot1 said...

It's obvious Barry used "loopholes" in the tax code to get his rate down to 18%. How else could that happen.

April 14, 2013 at 8:55 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

So patriot, you agree that Romney used even more "loopholes" to get his % to 14?

April 14, 2013 at 9:02 a.m.
patriot1 said...

Did Romney use more "loopholes".....maybe, maybe not. Romney for the most part had unearned income....totally different tax.

April 14, 2013 at 9:28 a.m.
alprova said...

conservtive wrote: "Back to the fairyland theme. Mr. Bennett must be a member."

You are so aching to come out of the closet.

"There are eternal penalties for false marriages."

Your beliefs and proclamations are not necessarily fact.

"And God's penalty is much harsher than the IRS."

God has never offered his opinion on the subject. Men who wrote and edited the Bible have.

The fact is, no matter what you personally believe, that you do not know what penalties God will exact on anyone, for anything.

You have only the word of mortal men, written and compiled long, long ago, that you believe to be the word of God.

You are totally ignorant of the Bible and the facts that can be found to prove that it does not even come close to revealing the word of God.

Enough already. There isn't one regular who does not know that you, who hides behind a computer monitor, is a Biblical spewing, homosexual hating, closet case.

April 14, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Okay, patriot, so since Romney is richer and has "unearned" income it is okay that he put money in offshore accounts and be taxed at a lower rate than say someone who works as a secretary or custodian? I fail to see how Obama deserves criticism for 18% when Romney doesn't for 14%.

April 14, 2013 at 9:37 a.m.
Maximus said...

Maximus From The Masters: Yes geeks and freaks I am addressing you from one of the most sublime places on earth, The Augusta National Golf Club. Given my locale I will be brief. Clay, you toon is boring. In fact, the whole "we must have our rights" gay marriage media barrage is boring. The gays want to improve and expand their brand.....that's it. They want to educate and recruit more young people into the GLBTQ lifestyle. Yes, they have added a Q to their marketing messaging acronym. G-Gay, L-Lesbian, B-Bisexual, T-Transexual, and yes, get ready for it...Q-Questioning. I guess the "questioning" people like Alprova and EAsy123 will want their right to get married too. Again, how can a real man give a crap about this issue. It is meaningless, marriage is between a man and a woman, the gays want to expand their deviance to marriage between a man and a 12 year old girl (come on folks it's about love) marriage between a woman and a 15 year old boy, and now marriage between a questioning EAsy 123 and Alprova. Later folks, gonna walk the course with Snedeker today. Cheers!

April 14, 2013 at 9:42 a.m.
alprova said...

lkeithlu wrote: "I have not belonged to a church in so long, so I am curious: can tithing to a church be claimed as a charitable deduction?"

Tithes to churches are tax deductible, so long as the church operates as a non-profit institution and so long as you donate to the church and not to any one individual.

If you make such tithing donations by dropping cash in a collection plate or basket each week, it is wise to keep a log outlining the amounts. If you tithe more than $250 a year, most churches, upon request, will also provide you a an end of the year statement that can be kept on file, if you are ever audited.

April 14, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.
degage said...

Ike, I don't know if tithing is deductible. Obama and Romney and others like them use loopholes to pay the government less. In December the republicans wanted to get rid of loopholes and the democrats wanted to raise the tax rate instead, they got that, now they want loopholes closed too. double down! That said, it doesn't affect me but probably does many that can't afford it. And yes loopholes are use to pay the government less as Romney did.

Think about it, maybe people do it because they don't like how the congress is spending the tax dollars. Study shrimp on tread mill, Why lesbians drink and the list of stupid grants goes on forever.

We would all be surprised at how much those grants add up to.

April 14, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.
patriot1 said...

Ok ike....for you and all the LoFo voters out there.....there is a tax rate and an effective tax rate.

Obama's tax rate for 2012 is 35% and, using "loopholes" his effective tax rate became 18.4%

Romney's tax rate for 2012 is 15% on unearned income and using "loopholes" his rate became 14%. So, who used the most "loopholes" to reduce their taxes? Off shore accounts have nothing to do with this.

April 14, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.
degage said...

Ike, again I say it is only because Obama keeps campaigning for more taxes. If you guys believe we in the middle class are not paying more in taxes like Obama claimed, you have another think coming. Ike I am not saying you don't understand that but we have many that really believe they won't be taxed more. another cigarette tax, ( thankful I don't smoke) gas tax, federal tax on phones, and many more we are unaware of.

April 14, 2013 at 10:02 a.m.
alprova said...

Easy123 wrote: "These are the same people that said Mitt Romney's tax returns didn't matter. You remember, the tax returns where Romney's tax rate was 14.1%? Romney's charitable giving was seen as a positive attribute and his off-shore accounts were seen as "smart". Notice the inconsistency and hypocrisy of these WingNuts."

You are absolutely right. Mitt's effective tax rates, ranging from 12% to 20% were defended many times by some of the very same people now looking down their noses at the President for paying an effective tax rate of 18%.

Clearly, there are two different standards when it comes to criticism, one for Republicans and/or Conservatives and a complete opposite for Democrats and/or Liberals.

And let's not forget, that the President has been very forthcoming about releasing his tax returns.

We will never have the opportunity to see Mitt Romney's tax returns to understand why he pays a very low percentage of his massive income in taxes, and that, among many other issues, is why he is not the President of the United States today.

April 14, 2013 at 10:08 a.m.
delmar said...
April 14, 2013 at 10:16 a.m.
alprova said...

Maximus wrote: "Maximus From The Masters: Yes geeks and freaks I am addressing you from one of the most sublime places on earth, The Augusta National Golf Club."

You are posting from the same place you have always posted from; your ten year old Dell, sitting on that rickety piece of a desk you may or may not own, located in the roach infested mobile home you rent for $150 bucks a week.

"Given my locale I will be brief."

I always figured you for a boxer kind of guy.

"Clay, you toon is boring."

More of that proclaimed Vanderbuilt education shining through...

"In fact, the whole "we must have our rights" gay marriage media barrage is boring. The gays want to improve and expand their brand.....that's it. They want to educate and recruit more young people into the GLBTQ lifestyle."

Such a statement can only be born in pure ignorance. People do not choose their sexuality. If you believe otherwise, please recant the day that you sat down and had that conversation with yourself, making the decision to be straight.

"I guess the "questioning" people like Alprova and EAsy123 will want their right to get married too. Again, how can a real man give a crap about this issue."

You Sir, act as if you deserve to be considered to be a "real man."

Your fantastical world that you routinely spin in this forum is proof positive that there is nothing real about you.

"It is meaningless, marriage is between a man and a woman, the gays want to expand their deviance to marriage between a man and (snipped)"

You simply cannot quit making stuff up.

"Later folks, gonna walk the course with Snedeker today. Cheers!"

Since it is a certainty that you would have the means by which to do so, I challenge you to post some pictures on the site of your choice, proving that you are what you claim you are, and that you are indeed where you claim to be, and I've got $5,000 for you.

Don't even consider trying to find someone else's pics on the net and copying and pasting them.

I'm extremely resourceful when it comes to verifying authenticity.

C'mon you pompous fictitious fraud...post the proof that you own something, anything you have claimed in this forum.

April 14, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.
alprova said...

Patriot1 wrote: "Romney's tax rate for 2012 is 15% on unearned income and using "loopholes" his rate became 14%. So, who used the most "loopholes" to reduce their taxes? Off shore accounts have nothing to do with this."

Outrageous.

The true source of Mitt Romney's income, where it came from, and what he used to reduce it to minimal percentages, has never been disclosed because the man refused to release his income tax returns.

Personally, I could not care less what the truth is, for he was not elected as President. That's ancient history, but you folks defending that clown and his effective tax rates which in fact, are totally unknown to anyone other than himself and his accountants, is about the most ludicrous example of moronic-ism I have ever had opportunity to read.

But feel free to carry on...because no matter what you type, it is completely a moot point, for the President has published each and every one of his 38 pages of his 2012 tax returns for everyone in the entire world to see.

Mitt Romney's tax returns are and will forever remain hidden from sight, and for good reason, I am sure.

April 14, 2013 at 10:50 a.m.
timbo said...

slEasy321......Obama 18% and Romney 14 %. Not much difference if you ask me. The hypocrite here is the one who was chiding us about paying our"fair share." It doesn't surprise me that one liberal hypocrite can't recognize another.

This splitting of hairs is why there will never be any consensus in this country. Both sides make copius excuses for their respective side no matter the similarity. If Obama was right, Romney was right...if Romney was wrong, Obama was wrong. It is that simple.

April 14, 2013 at 10:50 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

OMG for once I agree with timbo.

Both sides make copius excuses for their respective side no matter the similarity. If Obama was right, Romney was right...if Romney was wrong, Obama was wrong.

Exactly. I am tired of changing standards based on whose side you are on. Bash Obama for things that are uniquely his fault, if you will, but don't bash him for things you excuse in Bush, Romney or any other republican.

April 14, 2013 at 12:38 p.m.
degage said...

Goes both ways, Ike. Of course there are some that believe Obama can do no wrong so we must not say anything about his agenda.

April 14, 2013 at 12:55 p.m.
timbo said...

lkeithlu .... I couldn't agree more.

April 14, 2013 at 12:57 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

I am not one of those who excuses Obama or believes that he can do no wrong. Of course, if persons criticize Obama for stuff that isn't even true, that is also unacceptable. Obama has made mistakes, of course, and his actions will not be what others might do, but too often I am seeing Obama criticized for stupid stuff, or things that GOP presidents were even more guilty of than him, or worst of all, putting in place policies that originated with the GOP. It's hard to take anyone seriously who pulls that kind of crap; makes you wonder about their grip on reality. CPAC seems to be one of the craziest, but what I see on the internet is, well, insane.

April 14, 2013 at 1:02 p.m.
degage said...

I can agree about what is seen on the internet( by both sides)is insane.

April 14, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.
prairie_dog said...

Wanna really make it fair? Everybody pays the same tax rates. Those with dependents pay tax for each one of them, because of their consumption of government services.

A single person should pay exactly the same tax rate as any married person, or head of household, or whatever. That's what we call "equality" under the law.

April 14, 2013 at 1:36 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote: "You are so aching to come out of the closet."

That is just another silly comment made by you in anger and hate and indicative of a small man.

You have contradicted yourself, but you are to blind to see it.

What makes you think that comment hurts me or means anything to me? I fully expect that from you. You habitually make such comments.

Why don't you gather up some of your prior comments, those more vulgar, that you have made on the matter and post them as well?

If you insist on being a small man, convince everyone and not just myself.

April 14, 2013 at 2:29 p.m.
timbo said...

Ikeithlu..... The problem is both sides playing a cynical game of good cop bad cop. Changing sides according to who is in office. A great example of this was the debt limit debate . During the Bush administration the Democrats thought it was a terrible idea. As soon as Obama wanted to raise the limit the Republicans thought it was a terrible idea. I thought it was a terrible idea when Bush was president and when Obama was Pres.

This last time when I didn't vote for Romney, or Obama, My conservative friends said "you are wasting your vote." The Way things are now, what in the hell do you think we've been doing for the last 50 years? The Republicans and Democrats made this bed and now we the people have to sleep in it.

What we are dealing with is the elite on both sides preserving their power.

April 14, 2013 at 2:53 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote: "You are so aching to come out of the closet."

Why are you so aching to defend homosexuality, a gross sin condemned by God?

April 14, 2013 at 3:17 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "alprova, You wrote: "You are so aching to come out of the closet."..."

"That is just another silly comment made by you in anger and hate and indicative of a small man."

Sir, I don't get angry. I don't hate a soul. And I can't help but notice that you have never denied that you are probably one of the worst cases of someone in the closet I have ever come across.

"You have contradicted yourself, but you are to blind to see it."

I was so sure that you were going to point out my contradiction, but as usual, you failed to deliver the goods.

"What makes you think that comment hurts me or means anything to me? I fully expect that from you. You habitually make such comments."

The answer to the question is quite simple and you answer it each and every time. You respond.

"Why don't you gather up some of your prior comments, those more vulgar, that you have made on the matter and post them as well?"

I've got a better idea, stalker. Why don't you peruse your vast collection of my comments and post them yourself? I don't remember being vulgar, as I go out of my way to avoid being vulgar.

"If you insist on being a small man, convince everyone and not just myself."

I don;t necessarily post to convince anyone of anything. That's your forte.

Every time this issue comes up, you whip out that Bible and post away, as if one more scriptural quoting will magically convince people that homosexuality is a death sentence.

When are you going to learn that the Bible is not a tool which is meant to be used to condemn others? Many people have attempted to point out the certainty that you could not possibly be in compliance with every single word contained within it yourself.

You, like all other religious zealots, cherry pick the Bible to death, never once understanding the context of what is written, or to even discover if it does indeed come from God.

You are in outer-space in terms of your understanding of the Bible, and how it applies to the lives of people who live on this Earth in the year 2013.

Convincing you of that is a very futile effort, I have no doubt. Instead of worrying about your own soul, you seem hell-bent on dictating your chosen, and I do reiterate CHOSEN...and convoluted beliefs on others.

You're never going to get the upper hand on any conversation, so long as you use your beliefs as any guide in attempt to do it.

Sooner or later, you'll learn that simple fact.

April 14, 2013 at 4:23 p.m.
patriot1 said...

Alpo says....."personally, I could care less what the truth is..

I've noticed that from many of your posts in the past. Well stated for a proggie position. I'm just glad to see the "new" fair share is 18%.

April 14, 2013 at 4:31 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "alprova, Why are you so aching to defend homosexuality, a gross sin condemned by God?"

I know this is a waste of time, but I have a challenge for you.

Post one scriptural reference contained within the Bible where GOD, and not someone else claiming to be speaking on behalf of God, condemns homosexuality for all time.

God did not write one word contained in any Bible throughout the world. God is only quoted to have spoken to a handful of people throughout the Bible.

You find one such quote of God condemning homosexuality to any person within the Bible on a personal level and post it, or you drop this insidious ranting every time the issue comes up.

I'm not holding my breath that you will do either.

April 14, 2013 at 4:33 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"Your beliefs and proclamations are not necessarily fact." in response to my "There are eternal penalties for false marriages."

Well I based that statement on Scripture as you well know. The fact is God will judge and condemn the homosexual.

My "belief" is based on the "fact" that God will judge and condemn the homosexual.

April 14, 2013 at 4:38 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

My "belief" is based on the "fact" that God will judge and condemn the homosexual.

My "belief" is based on the FACT that there has never been any shred of evidence for your god, but plenty of evidence that being gay is a natural variation in human sexuality (yes, fact) being gay harms NO ONE (yes, fact) gay people cannot make straight people gay (yes, fact) allowing marriage equality does not threaten or endanger a single straight marriage (yes, fact).

April 14, 2013 at 4:48 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"Your beliefs and proclamations are not necessarily fact."

I try to base all my "beliefs" on fact as should everyone.

The "fact" is God will judge and condemn the homosexual.

The "fact" that God will judge and condemn the homosexual is a "fact" that you can NOT refute.

April 14, 2013 at 5:17 p.m.
alprova said...

patriot1 wrote: "Alpo says....."personally, I could care less what the truth is.."

I care deeply about the truth to anything most of the time, but since you lifted that one out of the context it was presented, permit me to put it right back where it belongs.

I don't care what the truth is, pertaining to the reason why Mitt Romney's effective tax rates are as low as they are. He is no longer running for President.

"I've noticed that from many of your posts in the past. Well stated for a proggie position. I'm just glad to see the "new" fair share is 18%."

President Obama has made the statement that he believes that he is not paying his fair share, but only an idiot would not take advantage of the tax laws as they are in effect today.

Last year, I purposely attempted to pay more than what I was supposed to pay, by not taking advantage of a tax credit that I was entitled to. The IRS took it upon themselves to correct my return and refund a portion of what I paid.

I don't write and pass the tax laws. Neither does the President. He knows full and well that if he is successful in getting Congress to amend the tax rates and close some of the more outrageous tax loopholes that only the wealthy have opportunity to exploit, that he will himself be paying more in taxes.

He's said it many times. But again, I remind you that the man does not hide his tax returns from a soul. You can see them in black & white.

I just completed a very simple tax return for a husband and wife who are relatives. They had a combined income of $24,100. They are automatically entitled to a deduction of $19,500, leaving their taxable income at $4,597. Their tax came to $458.

Their gross income had them starting out in the 15% tax rate bracket, but after taking advantage of the legal deductions, their effective tax rate was 1.9%.

Everyone, and I do mean everyone criticizing the President, took advantage of the deductions they were entitled to take, in order to reduce the applicable tax bracket that they start in, to arrive at an effective tax rate.

I'm betting that some of you, if you were honest, did so by more than the 17% in total deductions that the President arrived at.

April 14, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"Your beliefs and proclamations are not necessarily fact."

Generally speaking, I agree because that statement of yours by itself is unprovable one way or the other without a reference to some statement/position/belief etc.

So, your: "Your beliefs and proclamations are not necessarily fact" statement would obviously apply to everyone including you. Are you surprised or shocked?

You just insist on being a small man.

April 14, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.
Easy123 said...

conservative,

"I try to base all my "beliefs" on fact as should everyone."

None of your "beliefs" are based on anything that even remotely resembles a "fact".

"The "fact" is God will judge and condemn the homosexual."

Based on what? 2,000+ year old oral tradition that was written down and later copied thousands of times by different scribes and those copies were later translated over and over again from Hebrew to Greek to the Latin Vulgate to Old English to Middle English and, finally, to Modern English? That's what you're basing these "facts" on?

"The "fact" that God will judge and condemn the homosexual is a "fact" that you can NOT refute."

The onus is on you to prove your claim. Since you have not done so, your claim can be dismissed just as easily as you presented it.

April 14, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative, unless you have any conclusive proof that God personally condemns homosexuality, you can post a thousand times the same thing over and over and it will never be a fact. At best, it is a baseless ASSumption.

The fact is that God, himself, is not quoted throughout the entire Bible condemning homosexuality, so your "fact" is not factual in the least sense of the word.

But, as is always the case, I invite you to refute my statement with any and all proof to the contrary.

April 14, 2013 at 5:37 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "Generally speaking, I agree because that statement of yours by itself is unprovable one way or the other without a reference to some statement/position/belief etc."

But Sir, it is a provable fact that God, himself, has not condemned homosexuality. There are several quotes, all of them offered at one time or another by yourself, from those claiming to speak on behalf of God, but not one scriptural reference that has it coming from God himself.

Unless you can come up with an actual quotation of God offering his personal condemnation, you are taking someone else's word that it is so, plain and simple.

"You just insist on being a small man."

And you need to free yourself from that closet.

April 14, 2013 at 5:49 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative, I have a very serious question for you.

Have you ever spoken with God?

April 14, 2013 at 5:52 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

Regarding the issue of homosexuality you wrote:

"God has never offered his opinion on the subject. Men who wrote and edited the Bible have."

"God has never offered his OPINION on the subject"

You write that as if what God says/thinks about homosexuality is just another opinion thrown in the mix.

To be brief, God is sovereign, He is holy, without sin. He is the author of moral truth. Mankind will be judged by Him according to His word, His standard of morality. God's word is God's will. Many passages of Scripture deal with homosexuality as you by now know.

I will begin with an easy one for you:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God- 1Corinthians 6:9-10 NAS

Now focus on the words "the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God." then follows a list of who are the unrighteous who will not inherit the kingdom of God. On that list are homosexuals!

To simplify: The unrighteous will not inherited the Kingdom of God which includes homosexuals.

THE HOMOSEXUAL IS UNRIGHTEOUS AND WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD!

You can't refute the word of God alprova, don't even try.

April 14, 2013 at 6:23 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

You can't refute the word of God alprova, don't even try

Your evidence for the "word of god" (TM)?

April 14, 2013 at 6:44 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "You write that as if what God says/thinks about homosexuality is just another opinion thrown in the mix."

And the fact remains intact that he has not offered one word of condemnation or opinion of the homosexual.

"To be brief, God is sovereign, He is holy, without sin. He is the author of moral truth. Mankind will be judged by Him according to His word, His standard of morality. God's word is God's will. Many passages of Scripture deal with homosexuality as you by now know."

Be that as it may, not one word of scripture that borders on the issue of homosexuality came from God directly.

Is that indeed not a fact?

"I will begin with an easy one for you:"

By all means...

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God- 1Corinthians 6:9-10 NAS"

Have you done any research into that particular verse of scripture?

You do know that it was not originally written in English, do you not? It was in fact translated from ancient Greek.

Here is what those two verses originally looked like;

ἢ οὐκ οἴδατε ὅτι ἄδικοι θεοῦ βασιλείαν οὐ κληρονομήσουσιν; Μὴ πλανᾶσθε: οὔτε πόρνοι οὔτε εἰδωλολάτραι οὔτε μοιχοὶ οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται

οὔτε κλέπται οὔτε πλεονέκται, οὐ μέθυσοι, οὐ λοίδοροι, οὐχ ἅρπαγες βασιλείαν θεοῦ κληρονομήσουσιν.

The EXACT literal English translation from ancient Greek to English is as follows;

"9 - Or not ye-had-come-to-see to-which-a-one un-coursed of-a-Deity to-a-ruling-of not they-shall-lot-parcelee-unto? Lest ye-should-be-wandered-unto, not-also harlots not-also image-servers not-also adulterers not-also softed not-also male-situaters,"

"10 - not-also stealers not-also holders-beyond, not intoxicators, not revilers, not snatchers to-a-ruling-of of-a-Deity they-shall-lot-parcelee-unto."

The relative last word that has been translated incorrectly in 1 Corinthians 6:9 in modern Greek is the word "arsenokoitai," which in fact in ancient Greek referred to male prostitution involving young boys in temples of worship, a problem at the time the Apostle Paul wrote about it. It does not refer to adult homosexuality.

"Now focus on the words "the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God." then follows a list of who are the unrighteous who will not inherit the kingdom of God. On that list are homosexuals!"

If you had an inkling of how to use your God gifted brain to discover the truth, you would know that the Bible you read in English is filled with many, many such contradictions and mistranslations.

(To be continued)

April 14, 2013 at 7:57 p.m.
alprova said...

(continued)

"THE HOMOSEXUAL IS UNRIGHTEOUS AND WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD!"

There is no clear-cut English translation for the phrase "male-situater." But there is a clear-cut definition in Greek for the word "arsenokoitai," and it does not include what happens between consenting adults.

Now those are the facts of the matter and you cannot refute them, no matter how many times you quote the English translation of the Bible. Your Biblical condemnation was written by the Apostle Paul in ancient Greek and it was incorrectly translated into modern English.

"You can't refute the word of God alprova, don't even try."

Provide me the word of God and I'll be happy to recant all that I have written in the subject.

April 14, 2013 at 7:57 p.m.
jdavid said...

Conservative, How do you explain the well documented "fact" that King James (yes, that King James) had a boy friend-- called him his "Little Wife". Do a little research on the "facts" and then get back to us.

April 14, 2013 at 8:39 p.m.
patriot1 said...

Alpo says @5:28..."only an idiot would not take advantage of the tax laws as they are in effect..."

In the next paragraph Alpo declares..."Last year, I purposely attempted to pay more than I was required to pay by not taking advantage of a tax credit..."

Uh...Alpo, LOL....oh, never mind.

April 14, 2013 at 10:17 p.m.
alprova said...

Patriot1 wrote: "Uh...Alpo, LOL....oh, never mind."

Okay...okay, I see what you mean. I was in fact, an idiot.

The tax manual I consulted contained some outdated information for a credit that was slated to expire and that had been renewed, so I failed to claim a business tax credit that I was most definitely qualified to claim. The supporting evidence for the a credit had been reported to the IRS, much to my surprise.

It was a lesson in the need to download and to print any updates before I start doing returns.

I know what I typed earlier, but it was not an act of "purposely" attempting to pay more. It was more an act of not double checking the information contained in the manual for accuracy, which is what I should have done.

This is one time that an act of idiocy on my part had a good outcome.

April 14, 2013 at 11:24 p.m.
acerigger said...

Pretty good back and forth today,(even tho' alprova can't resist feeding the troll,lol),but,it seems that everyone missed the point of the 'toon.(??)

April 15, 2013 at 12:54 a.m.
degage said...

ace, the box numbered 4 was the purpose, that has been beat to death on this forum. Al, got us started on a different thread with his first post.

April 15, 2013 at 5:54 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

"The fact is, no matter what you personally believe, that you do not know what penalties God will exact on anyone, for anything."

I constantly marvel at your abysmal ignorance of Scripture and the things of God and your unbelief.

God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for their gross homosexuality. The penalty, eternal fire, that is hell!

Here several translations of just one Scripture passage that clearly state the eternal punishment for those who practiced homosexuality and those who practice it today.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication , and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1:7KJV

just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.Jude 1:7ESV

just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.Jude 1:7NAS

In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:7NIV

just as Sodom and Gomor'rah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:7 RSV

April 15, 2013 at 7:07 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"You are totally ignorant of the Bible and the facts that can be found to prove that it does not even come close to revealing the word of God."

And you have professed to be a Christian. Why the charade?

You wouldn't even know the word Christian and it's meaning apart from the Bible.

Even so, I dare say that you do not know what a Christian is, does or believes.

You may use the word but the cults such as you have been indoctrinated in pervert and change it's meaning just like they do to the meaning of Salvation, the Trinity, Son of God to name a few, in order to deceive potential members.

April 15, 2013 at 8 a.m.
fairmon said...

prairie_dog said... Wanna really make it fair? Everybody pays the same tax rates.

A single person should pay exactly the same tax rate as any married person, or head of household, or whatever. That's what we call "equality" under the law.

You are so right but you won't get much support here since most are married and like the discrimination against singles and would prefer allowing gays to participate in the discrimination than to give it up.

Romney and Obama both most likely complied with the IRS's 79,000 pages of regulations. So called "loop holes" are legitimate means of reducing taxes and become less available as income goes down. Both of them had capital gains (15%) and investments in tax exempt instruments such as municipal bonds which pay good interest that is exempt from local, state and federal taxes. Regardless of the published rate wealthy people rarely pay that rate but have a much lower effective rate. The same is true with businesses although some not favored do pay or come close to paying the 35% rate.

The tax codes are one of the most used and abused tools of manipulation used by both parties of the government. Check out who they interact with and follow the money. Also, grants, subsidies and investments are other tools of manipulation tax payers support.

April 15, 2013 at 8:13 a.m.
fairmon said...

Taxing what is spent and abolishing all taxes and other legislatively imposed cost would level the playing field and be fair to everyone. A quarterly rebate to every citizen regardless of marital status or income would be a means of reasonable redistribution and protecting the lowest incomes.

April 15, 2013 at 8:21 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"You are totally ignorant of the Bible and the facts that can be found to prove that it does not even come close to revealing the word of God."

Do you even think about what you type and how you contradict yourself? So, now you say the word of God exists after numerous times saying the word of God does not exist!

April 15, 2013 at 8:22 a.m.
patriot1 said...

Alpo....could the "tax credit" you failed to take been from the sale of your Hobby Lobby stock?

April 15, 2013 at 8:25 a.m.
fairmon said...

I wonder why it is greedy to want to keep what I have earned but it is not greedy to want to take money from someone else?

April 15, 2013 at 8:31 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"Enough already. There isn't one regular who does not know that you, who hides behind a computer monitor, is a Biblical spewing, homosexual hating, closet case."

You just can't help being a small man. Why do you go to such great lengths to defend homosexuality in opposition to God?

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor HOMOSEXUALS, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God- 1Corinthians 6:9-10 NAS

April 15, 2013 at 8:36 a.m.
fairmon said...

Alprova, The IRS detecting an error and refunding money you did not expect is a little surprising but we don't have the details. Let that serve as a reminder that any government big enough to give you something can take away all it desires just as easily.

April 15, 2013 at 8:37 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

Regarding the issue of homosexuality you wrote:

"God has never offered his opinion on the subject. Men who wrote and edited the Bible have."

The atheist nearly always brings up the lie that God did not write the Bible.

When someone dictates correspondence to a party, they do not physically write the correspondence but it is still that someone's words and that someone is the author.

In like manner:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2Peter1:20-21

and:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Timothy 3:16

and:

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. Hebrews 1:1-2

You don't know what you are talking about. Like a parrot, you just repeat what another atheist has told you.

April 15, 2013 at 9:02 a.m.
alprova said...

patriot1 wrote: "Alpo....could the "tax credit" you failed to take been from the sale of your Hobby Lobby stock?"

Sir, you really don't know how to be gracious to someone who made a legitimate mistake, who admitted it immediately when called on it.

I even posted a link to the screen that misled me to believe that the company was public.

I never claimed to own Hobby Lobby stock.

April 15, 2013 at 9:04 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I am now convinced that alprova's right: conservative really is gay and in denial. Embrace your true self, conservative.

Sodom and Gomorrah were known for their lack of hospitality and failure to take care of the poor, not sexual deviance. It isn't even clear that they were actual cities, but composites of several ancient cities in different locations.

April 15, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.
alprova said...

conservative, I'm not about to respond to anything you write today, unless you have proof that God, himself, condemns homosexuality.

I have posted the fact that he does not. I have backed it up with proof that the Biblical scripture you love to quote, was translated in error.

You calling me an Atheist does not make it so and it never will. Two weeks ago, I was a Mormon, according to you.

Now you get busy flipping those pages and you find a quotation of God. or his Son for that matter, condemning adult homosexuality, or I invite you to shut up about it.

April 15, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.
alprova said...

fairmon wrote: "Alprova, The IRS detecting an error and refunding money you did not expect is a little surprising but we don't have the details."

And as much as I would like to provide those details, I do not want to provide them, as it would come off a little like bragging, which is something I do not like to do at all.

Let's suffice it to say that the credit involved the purchase of a good that the retailer reported to the IRS because there was an active tax credit associated with such a purchase that was renewed.

"Let that serve as a reminder that any government big enough to give you something can take away all it desires just as easily."

There's no way to stop the Government from collecting information on all that we do, unless you remove yourself from the Internet completely and forever.

For instance, last week I did an extensive search for two hours, trying to find a replacement starter for the best price for one of my lawnmowers. I finally found one for less than half of what one would have cost had I went to a dealer for it.

Since then, many of the pages I load, including the TFP, has ads for lawnmower starters. My e-mail inbox has been flooded with solicitations from lawnmower parts dealers wanting to know if I found one yet.

If you use the Internet at all, your life is pretty much online. There are little cookies tracking your every keyboard entry.

It doesn't bother me, because I do not hide a thing from the Government, but I understand why it would bother many people.

April 15, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"The fact is that God, himself, is not quoted throughout the entire Bible condemning homosexuality, so your "fact" is not factual in the least sense of the word."

THE FACT IS:

You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22

If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them Leviticus 20:13

Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor HOMOSEXUALS, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

April 15, 2013 at 9:51 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"The fact is that God, himself, is not quoted throughout the entire Bible condemning homosexuality, so your "fact" is not factual in the least sense of the word."

The atheist and you are an atheist even though you are not a vocal one, always try to nullify the word of God.

Now, if God were quoted according to your parameters you would then proclaim that a man wrote the quote and thus the quote is meaningless.

You are a practicing atheist for you habitually deny God through blasphemy or by saying His word does not exist in some manner or another.

April 15, 2013 at 10:34 a.m.
Leaf said...

Gay bashers, that ship has sailed. The tipping point has been reached. There will be marriage equality; it will just take a little while to filter down to the South and less populated states. Just like civil rights, or women voting.

The question is not whether you can stop it. The question is: do you want to be on the right side of history, or do you want to be remembered by your friends and family as a bigot?

You know that weird uncle you have? The one who embarrasses you at family reunions with his 1950's style racism? You wanna be that guy?

April 15, 2013 at 11:31 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"You do know that it was not originally written in English, do you not? It was in fact translated from ancient Greek."

Yes, in fact the English language was not in existence at the time and neither were many, many other languages as well.

I also know that Scripture is God's revelation to mankind and not just to the English speaking people for God is no respecter of persons.

If the matter was not so serious about your referring to Scripture now after several times saying it does not exist,it would be laughable.

April 15, 2013 at 11:46 a.m.
dude_abides said...

The newest member of the Bush political dynasty? A baby girl to Jenna Bush Hager, 31, and husband Henry Hager, 34. The baby was born Saturday night, according to a statement released by former president George W. Bush Sunday afternoon: “Laura and I are thrilled to announce the birth of our grandchild, Margaret Laura ‘Mila’ Hager…She was born last night, April 13 at 8:43 p.m. in New York City. We met our beautiful granddaughter today. Jenna and Mila are healthy. And our family is elated.” The baby is named after both her grandmothers— a family tradition, it seems: Jenna and twin Barbara were named after their grandmothers, too. This is the first child for the couple, who were married in 2008. They announced the pregnancy last December on the “Today” show. Mila is also the first grandchild for the former president and first lady. The former President gushed, "we are thrilled and 80% sure that this baby is Henry's. Hell, at this point, we're just thanking the Lord that the damn thing is white!" Former first lady Laura added, "we'd like to thank Jenna for not embarrassing her parents like Dick Cheney's daughter did! I haven't felt this dreamy since I T-boned that teenager into the hereafter!"

April 15, 2013 at 11:58 a.m.
degage said...

Dude, still as mean spirited as ever?

April 15, 2013 at 12:38 p.m.
jesse said...

Dude suffers fron "borderline personality disorder!"

April 15, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

dude,

Just because your baby mama had a case of jungle fever and claims the black kid is biologically yours doesn't make it right to be so hateful. Love the child for who he/she is and if you can't get past it get some help. Only you can prevent racism, you racist!

April 15, 2013 at 2:11 p.m.
joneses said...

In an extraordinary column last week, Russia’s de facto government press arm declared that the era of “Miss American Pie” was over in the U.S. Citing Obama’s reelection, Pravda stated that the “Communists have won in America…”

Why? Because the US is “an illiterate society” that continues to buy off on Obama’s “lies of less taxes while he raises them.” The US educational system is also held responsible, with Pravda stating that it was “conquered by the Communists long ago and history was revised thus paving the way for their Communist presidents.”

Pravda also criticizes the growing American attack on religious freedom, saying that “Christianity in the U.S. is under attack as it was during the early period of the Soviet Union.”

The Russian article concludes with a frightening warning to Americans:

Russia lost its’ civil war with the Reds and millions suffered torture and death for almost 75 years under the tyranny of the United Soviet Socialist Republic. Russians survived with a new and stronger faith in God and ever growing Christian Church. The question is how long will the once “Land of the Free” remain the United Socialist States of America? Their suffering has only begun. There’s no doubt that everything is not right in Russia. Nevertheless, it’s extraordinary that our formerly communist neighbor is now chiding the United States for moving in the same fatal direction of the former Soviet Union.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/19-11-2012/122849-obama_soviet_mistake-0/

April 15, 2013 at 2:36 p.m.
Leaf said...

joneses, quoting Pravda is only slightly more intelligent than quoting Fox News.

April 15, 2013 at 2:42 p.m.
degage said...

Really Leaf, they lived it and they see the same thing happening here. You are blind or have your head buried in the sand. I'm sure you don't like anyone saying the American people are ignorant for voting for this man. I don't like it either but that is what other countries are starting to think of us.

I'm sure you think PMSNBC is the only network in the world but that is a myth.

April 15, 2013 at 2:54 p.m.
dude_abides said...

degage said... "Dude, still as..."

jesse said... "Dude suffers fron..."

whatsthefuss said... "dude, Just because your..."

Oh hell Boston marathon bombed

April 15, 2013 at 3:14 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Christianity is hardly under attack in the US. I have yet to see a church chained shut or a Christian arrested for his or her faith. Please.

The only thing that is different now in the US is that the minority faiths no longer accept Christians imposing their sectarian views on everyone else.

The persecution complex is silly. As for the election, the GOP could not articulate a decent alternative, nor could they field an effective candidate, in part because the right wing yanked the party off the deep end. Hell, I would have voted GOP if they had run a reasonable alternative to four more years of democratic control.

April 15, 2013 at 3:14 p.m.
Leaf said...

degage, are you actually defending the journalistic integrity of Pravda? How funny.

April 15, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.
fairmon said...

Leaf said... degage, are you actually defending the journalistic integrity of Pravda?

the integrity of Pravda is probably no more or less than NBC. Kruschev predicted the current state of the U.S. and that the U.S. would destroy itself from within. He also said the U.S. educational system was vulnerable. Let's hope he and Pravda are very wrong. He didn't, that I have read or recall, predict the debt dilemma. Pravda apparently didn't talk about how the debt would be our down fall either.

April 15, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.
fairmon said...

Alprova and conservative sure have some queer views regarding gays.

April 15, 2013 at 4:47 p.m.
fairmon said...

Chained CPI is a way to understate inflation experienced by social security participants. Voters are disadvantaged by the army of lawyers and accountants in D.C. advising & lobbying politicians.

April 15, 2013 at 5:17 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

So, you copied and pasted Westcott and Hortt Greek New Testament.

"9 - Or not ye-had-come-to-see to-which-a-one un-coursed of-a-Deity to-a-ruling-of not they-shall-lot-parcelee-unto? Lest ye-should-be-wandered-unto, not-also harlots not-also image-servers not-also adulterers not-also softed not-also male-situaters,"

The Greek word translated "softed" above is malakos in the Greek and this refers to the male homosexual who performs the role of a woman (the receiver) . malakos- Strongs Concordance 3120 meaning:

1) soft, soft to the touch 2) metaph. in a bad sense a) effeminate 1) of a catamite 2) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man 3) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness 4) of a male prostitute

The Greek word translated male-situaters above is "arsenokoites" and refers to the male homosexual in the homosexual relationship.

arsenokoites - Strongs Concordance 0733 meaning:

a sodomite:—abuser of (that defile) self with mankind. Now, the original King James translation was:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 1Corinthians 6:9

The female role was translated "effeminate", and the male role was translated "nor abusers of themselves with mankind," 1Corinthians 6:9

This was the English language of that day in the 1600s. Everyone of course knew what that meant - homosexual behavior.

The New King James translates the verse:

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, NOR SODOMITES, 1 Corinthians 6:9.

AGAIN, HOMOSEXUALS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD!

April 15, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

Now languages change so modern translations of the Bible use the language of our day to convey the meaning of the ancient manuscripts.

What is important and what matters is that the idea/message of the writer is gotten across to the reader. This is common sense.

Homosexual activity could be depicted by any word or term as long as the reader knows the writer's intended meaning. The Italian word for homosexual word be different than ours but the Italian people would know what the reader intended. This is language and so simple to see.

April 15, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

The "Status Quo" is Bennett doing another cartoon on gay marriage.

Why is this clown so obsessed with this topic?

April 15, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

*alprova said...

"I've got no complaints. Life is good."*

I am sure some slaves felt the same way. It is nice that they give you enough rope that you do not have any complaints. I guess I need a little more (rope).

April 15, 2013 at 6:45 p.m.
Easy123 said...

BRP,

"Why is this clown so obsessed with this topic?"

I have a better question. Why are you so obsessed with the content of Clay Bennett's cartoons? You jackwagons get on here everyday to bash CARTOONS! LMFAO! Unbelievable!

"I am sure some slaves felt the same way."

How much mescaline do you consume before posting? Show me a slave that didn't have any complaints and felt that life was "good". You're insane if you truly believe the bullsh!t you just typed.

"It is nice that they give you enough rope that you do not have any complaints."

You give yourself just about enough rope to hang yourself every time you post.

"I guess I need a little more (rope)."

That is your delusion. No ropes, no chains, no slaves, same freedoms. Your WingNut/TeaBagger fantasy world is not congruent with reality.

April 15, 2013 at 6:52 p.m.
dude_abides said...

LEFT WING ANDREWLOHR IMPERSONATION:

Anybody care to profile the Boston bomber? Patriots' Day? Two bombs in series? Not a suicide mission? All those foreign flags at the initial blast sight? Smell something brewing? Where did the original Tea Party take place?

April 15, 2013 at 7:09 p.m.
jesse said...

A blurb on the N.Y.Post stated the "person of interest" was a Saudi national!

I guess them Arabs ain't done w/us yet!

April 15, 2013 at 7:16 p.m.
miraweb said...

Boston police have already denied the NY Post story. Apparently, the only thing we know for sure is the NY Post still knows how to make stuff up in a crisis.

A friend was running the marathon today. Fortunately, he finished about an hour before the bombings and is home safe now.

April 15, 2013 at 7:56 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova, you wrote:

"The relative last word that has been translated incorrectly in 1 Corinthians 6:9 in modern Greek is the word "arsenokoitai," which in fact in ancient Greek referred to male prostitution involving young boys in temples of worship, a problem at the time the Apostle Paul wrote about it. It does not refer to adult homosexuality."

Your logic is the result of one depending on an atheist/homosexual website for information supporting homosexuality. You copy lies, not realizing what was said and then pass it along and therefore open yourself up for ridicule.

Yes, cult prostitution was prevalent in the wicked city of Corinth. Yes, the Apostle Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit addressed sin and the mind of God in his letters to the churches.

However, you make a statement CONTRARY to the Scripture translation you provided unaware of what you have done!

You stated:

"It does not refer to adult homosexuality." Incredible!

Of course it does!

ADULT males were having sex with boys and adults in the heathen cult worship. Paul never specifically mention that for ALL homosexual conduct, whether in a heathen temple or outside of a temple, whether by a homosexual adult with another homosexual adult or boy was a gross sin and such behavior practiced by those would result in them not entering into the Kingdom of God. He was addressing and warning those who professed Christianity!

Read your own translation that you provided and I previously elaborated on as well:

9 - Or not ye-had-come-to-see to-which-a-one un-coursed of-a-Deity to-a-ruling-of not they-shall-lot-parcelee-unto? Lest ye-should-be-wandered-unto, not-also harlots not-also image-servers not-also adulterers not-also softed not-also male-situaters,"

Now, start working on your phony "I mistyped excuse."

April 15, 2013 at 8 p.m.
degage said...

Mira, glad your friend is all right.

Dude, I wondered how long it would take for you libs to blame the Tea Party. I figured it would be you or Easy or leaf. Al and Ike are not the type to say things like that.

April 15, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You wrote:

"I don't remember being vulgar, as I go out of my way to avoid being vulgar."

Now, people who are not vulgar don't have to make statements about their memory on the subject. They either know they have been vulgar or not.

ANYWAY, YOU HAVE BEEN VULGAR.

I had in the past posted Scripture and you had complained about me forcing it down your throat. Several times thereafter I began with "open wide."

for example:

"alprova, open wide. You are about to get some more of my "beliefs" crammed down you throat as you put it. Regarding your erroneous "belief" that Hebrews 11:17 is a "contradiction" and that you "confirmed" it"

You later wrote this:

"BTW, your repeated use of the phrase "open wide" has a connotation of homosexuality that simply cannot be denied any longer. While I'm honored by your interest, I must decline your desire to fill my mouth with your love muscle"

Want another example of how you have gone out of your way to avoid being vulgar?

April 15, 2013 at 8:34 p.m.
Ozzy87 said...

And yet again no one has offered a logical nonreligious reason to deny marriage equality that doesn't conflict with established Constitutional precedent.

April 15, 2013 at 9:03 p.m.
tderng said...

conservative....have you ever heard the term,"beating a dead horse"? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,LEAVE THE POOR DEAD HORSE ALONE!!!!!!!!

April 15, 2013 at 9:15 p.m.
dude_abides said...

degage... glad I could help you feel superior to something.

April 15, 2013 at 10 p.m.
alprova said...

Someone protesteth WAAAAAAYYY too much....

conservative, you really need to learn how to debate and back up your stances, because you suck at it, literally. I don't know about anyone else, but I am left totally confused every time you post. You cannot construct a cognitive point, much less a sentence that makes a lick of sense.

Quoting King James translations of ancient Greek is like quoting World Net Daily as a source of legitimate and verifiable news.

One more point and then I will let you twirl like a ballerina for the next couple of days, whining about my blasphemy, my Atheism, My Mormonism, and my vulgarity.

God is quoted speaking directly to Moses in the Bible, relating the Ten Commandments. He spoke to Adam and Eve. The quotes are there and they represent the word(s) of God.

You claimed that if you were to post such a quotation that I would claim it to be written by someone else. I assure you, Sir, that if you can find any direct condemnation of homosexuality by either God or his Son, that I will absolutely acknowledge it.

You and I both know that no such quote exists throughout the entire Bible. Jesus did not take up the cause either, and he is quoted numerous times throughout the New Testament.

Unless you can dig up a direct condemnation of homosexuality by God or his Son, I will not give you the time of day.

People are sick to death of you and I sparring, so I'm going to sit on the side and watch you make a complete idiot of yourself, trying as hard as you can to construct something that makes sense.

No matter how many times that you quote your scripture, you have no more a handle on the truth than anyone else. What you believe will never be factual.

April 15, 2013 at 10:16 p.m.
alprova said...

I'm so relieved that the President came out immediately, calling what happened in Boston "an act of terror."

No one will be able to accuse him of covering it up.

April 15, 2013 at 10:21 p.m.

"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society." Oliver Wendell Holmes

April 15, 2013 at 10:41 p.m.
dude_abides said...

alprova... it's disgusting that even 5 seconds has to be spent calculating precisely how to word a statement so as not to set off a political firestorm from the right. It reminds me of republicans hollering "Wag The Dog!" any time Clinton tried to hit Bin Laden.

April 15, 2013 at 10:57 p.m.
hambone said...

What's BRP's problem with Clay Bennet you ask?

Once upon a time, a long time ago Clay Bennet peed in BRP's Post Toasties

April 15, 2013 at 11:51 p.m.
mosquito said...

I would have to agree with alprova, even though I don't partake in that lifestyle have you ever noticed who are the real terrorists are in this world??

Not gays not blacks not old people not union workers not any of your typical people you meet on a daily basis..

No the ones who usually keep us on the status quo are the good ole white straight boys. Don't feed the beast of hatred, just try to love one another....as Jesus was reported to have said..

April 16, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Thoughtful article on Christian duty regarding "gay" "marriage":

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2013/04/15/love-and-the-inhumanity-of-same-sex-marriage/

April 18, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.