• Colton Jumper, Baylor: His three-run homer with two outs in the bottom of the fifth inning proved the difference in the Red Raiders' 5-4 baseball victory over Walker Valley.
• Lane Morrison, South Pittsburg: He recorded his first save and also contributed two RBIs as the Pirates improved to 24-8 with a 5-3 victory over Hamilton Heights.
• Caleb Pippenger, Bradley Central: He had one official at-bat but knocked in two runs as the Bears held off McMinn Central 4-2.
• Kiara Suttles, Arts & Sciences: She homered twice and knocked in six runs in the first game of a softball doubleheader at Copper Basin. The Lady Patriots won both games, 7-0 and 10-0.
• Ashley Brown, Bledsoe County: She had a triple and a single and three RBIs in her team's 15-0 victory over Chattanooga Christian, improving the Lady Warriors to 10-0 in District 7-AA.
• Sydney Sloan, Polk County: She had two doubles in a 3-for-4, two-RBI game as Polk beat visiting Boyd-Buchanan 7-4.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress