• Tyner High School class of 1968 is holding its 45-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 6 p.m. at Holiday Inn Hamilton Place, 2232 Center St. Any class member who hasn’t been contacted by the planning committee should contact either Trudy McDaniel Payne, 421-5120, or Joy Jorges Dobosh, 240-9810.
• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, from to 10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• Riverside High School class of 1968 is holding a 45-year reunion from Aug. 30 to Sept.1. For reunion details, contact Johnetta Burton Ball at 423-305-1247 or 423-899-1863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7 to 11 p.m. on the Southern Belle riverboat. For more information, call 593-0209 or 476-2602.
• Rossville High School class of 1973 is holding a 40-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 6 to 9 p.m., at the Rossville Athletic Center (the former Rossville High School gymnasium). Class members should register at www.rhsclassof73.net. Call Pat Langston Lewis at 423-413-3406 or Elaine Born Steele at 423-903-2365 for more information.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1958 is holding its 55-year reunion on Sept. 7 at 4 p.m. in the Chester Frost Park pavilion. Tickets are $25 per person. For more information, call 423-332-1491 or email GeneSis2004@comcast.net.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Red Bank High School class of 1988 is holding a 25-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Sept. 20-21. Events include a class party at the Red Bank vs. Central football game at 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 20 and a family picnic on Sept. 21 at 11 a.m. at Althaus Park on Signal Mountain, followed by a class party at The Mill event hall that night from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. For more information, check the website at rbhs1988.wix.com/reunion or email email@example.com.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 is holding “Celebrate 60 Sensational Years of Living” on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 11 p.m., in the Chattanooga Convention Center. Tickets are $35 per person. For more information, call 629-5525 or 894-6816.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Oct. 11 from 6 to 11 p.m. in Pier 2. The reunion dinner is Oct. 12 from 6 to 10 p.m. in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1993 is holding its 20-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Old Woolen Mill in downtown Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $50 per person until Thursday, and $60 after that; the price includes all food, beverages, unlimited photo booth and professional entertainment. For more information, check the Facebook page at Bradley Central Class of 1993, email your address to bradleycentralclassof1993 @gmail.com or text Angie Myers Taylor at 423-400-6943.
— Compiled by staff writer Susan Pierce
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...