Events and seminars
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m., Monday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions LLC will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes small business owners should avoid, as well as practical solutions for overcoming these issues and ideas for office efficiency. A QuickBooks-related Q&A session will be held at the end of the class. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, the seminar is free and open to the public. Register by calling 423-756-8668.
• WATTS: Women at the Top Symposium, from 8 to 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee headquarters, 1 Cameron Hill Circle. The event will feature resources available for women-owned businesses, a Start-Up Village showcasing women-owned businesses, a capital funding presentation and a panel discussion with local female entrepreneurs and mentors. Contact Kristy Pippin for more information at 423-756-8668 or email@example.com. Register for this free event at www.womenatthetopsymposium.eventbrite.com.
• Red Bank Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center: Located behind Erlanger North. Jim Floyd of Volkert will give an update on the Highway 27 project. Meetings cost $10.
• Social Media Marketing Strategies from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Ronda Van Billard will speak. This free seminar is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Barry Payne of Cambridge Square and Heather Bevil of KW Commercial - Collegedale Station will speak.
• Chattanooga Chamber Annual Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Chattanooga Convention Center: 1150 Carter St. Tom Watjen, president and CEO of Unum, will speak. To register call 423-763-4366. Tickets cost $45 for members and $55 for non-members. Contact the Chamber Events Hotline to reserved a spot at 423-763-4366 or events@chattanooga chamber.com.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting at 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Chattanooga City Councilmen Ken Smith and Russell Gilbert will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• CEG/INCubator Luncheon: "The Hiring Process" from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Maury Nicely of Evans of Harrison & Hackett PLLC will speak. The event is free for CEG/INCubator clients and costs $10 for others. Contact Tabitha Erickson to register in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• International Business Council Meeting from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Don Lepard of Global Green Lighting, Strat Parrott of Juncture and Steve Thaxton of Propex Operating Co. will speak. Contact Ivette Rios at 423.756.8668 for more information.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress