• Camp Scott Patterson, 72 Old Mill Lane, Ringgold, Ga.; 10 a.m.-1 p.m. today, with 9 a.m. registration; Back to School Fair sponsored by the churches of the Catoosa Baptist Association includes music, devotionals, backpack/school supplies giveaway, medical screenings, hearing tests, haircuts, food and drinks, inflatables, swimming, information and prizes; free; 706-937-5323.
• Mercy Missionary Baptist Church, 5456 Wassom Memorial Highway, Grandview, Tenn.; noon-4 p.m. today; Faith, Hope & Love Fest fundraiser for Tennessee Baptist Children's Home features the Psalm 149 Praise & Worship Dance Team, The Grove Expressive Worship Team, Jim Ricketts and Crystal Elam, George Garrison and the host church band (plus silent auctions, prizes); participants asked to bring own chairs; free but donations encouraged; email Psalm149dance@yahoo.com.
• Calvary Chapel, 3415 Broad St.; 7:30 p.m. Thursday; concert for Prison Prevention Ministries by fingerstyle guitarist Doyle Dykes; free but donations accepted; 622-5768 or www.doyledykes.com.
• Grace Baptist Church, 172 Robin Drive, Suck Creek, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; free; 421-4269; also, Union Springs Baptist Church, 5911 Levi Road, 6 p.m. Sunday, and Sequoyah Church of God, 2007 Frankie Lane, Soddy-Daisy, 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Heritage Pointe Baptist Church, 60 Dyer Bridge Place Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 1; relaunch of the former Cedar Hill Baptist into congregation with blended worship and community-oriented ministry; 706) 858-0976.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...