published Friday, December 6th, 2013

Chattanooga man puts out fire at woman's apartment while she was away

Kitchen fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

A man used three fire extinguisher to put out a fire in his neighbor's apartment while she was away.

The neighbor at Woodlawn Apartments at 2300 Wilson Street noticed the fire in the kitchen of Apartment 6-H around 6 p.m. Thursday, according to a news release from the Chattanooga Fire Department.

The man suffered from minor irritation from the smoke and the chemicals in the fire extinguisher, and was treated on the scene by firefighters and EMS, when officials arrived.

The fire originated around the kitchen stove, and damage was contained to that room, fire officials said in the release.

Firefighters also found several hot spots in the kitchen walls, so they removed doors from the cabinets, a portion of the countertop, and some drywall to ensure the fire was completely extinguished.

The resident of the apartment, Amanda Gilbert, was reportedly not home at the time of the fire.

An estimate on the dollar loss was not available.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.