• Downtown Chickamauga, Ga.; 3-6 p.m. today; Chickamauga Christmas Celebration features live Nativity, animal petting zoo, live music, family photo booth, gift-wrapping booth, merchant deals, gingerbread man decorating and parade sponsored by Oakwood Baptist Church, Downtown Chickamauga Merchants Association and city of Chickamauga; free admission; 706-375-5760 or www.facebook.com/ChickamaugaChristmasCelebration.
• Tyner United Methodist Church, 6805 Standifer Gap Road; 6-8 p.m. (live Nativity), 6 and 7 p.m. (handbells music), 6:15 and 7:15 p.m. (choir mini-concert) today and Sunday; 892-0444.
• Faith Connection Church, 6857 Mountain View Road, Ooltewah; 10:30 a.m. Sundays, through Dec. 22; Christmas Around the World services; free; 933-6986 or www.faithconnectionchurch.com.
• Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 822 Belvoir Ave.; 3 p.m. Sunday; “The Many Moods of Christmas” concert features four-churches choir, orchestra and organ (reception follows); free but freewill offering taken; 629-4661.
• Simpson United Methodist Church, 601 McFarland Ave., Rossville; 3 p.m. Sunday; chancel choir cantata, “A Song Was Born at Christmas” (reception follows); 706-866-3410.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 4 p.m. Sunday; Advent Lessons and Carols presentation by choirs and handbells (reception follows); free; 266-8195.
• Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 822 Belvoir Ave.; 6:30 p.m. Wednesday; Music in Advent series features performance by Jericho Brass; 629-4661.
• Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 14950 Rhea County Highway North, Evensville, Tenn.; 7 p.m. Wednesdays, through Dec. 18; Advent services; 775-4253.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 12:05 p.m. Wednesday; 66th annual Advent Concert Series features performance by violinist Bryony Stroud-Watson and clarinetist David Dunn; free but offering taken ($6 soup lunch available afterward); 266-8195.
• Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul, 214 E. Eighth St.; 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 14th annual Chattanooga Candlelight Service of Lessons and Carols by Roueché Chorale and Orchestra; free; 855-2981 or www.therouchechorale.org.
• Keith Memorial United Methodist Church, 600 W. Madison Ave., Athens, Tenn.; 7:30 p.m. Thursday; Christmas With the Metropolitan Bells concert; free but donations accepted; 899-3543, 535-3076 or 504-4679; also, at Christ United Methodist Church, 8645 East Brainerd Road, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, and Brainerd Baptist Church, 300 Brookfield Ave., 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 19.
• Chattanooga First Seventh-day Adventist Church, 7450 Standifer Gap Road; 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15; fifth annual “Messiah” Community Sing-Along, with open choral rehearsals 7 p.m. Tuesday and 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14; free but offering benefits local charities; 605-2468.
• Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church, 612 James Blvd.; 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15; choir/bells/orchestra/Westminster Singers concert of selections from classical to contemporary to jazz, “Christmasfest 2013: How Great Our Joy!”; free and child care available; 886-2190 or www.signalpres.org.
• Graysville United Methodist Church, 265 Church St., Graysville, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; free; 421-4269.
• GraceWorks Church, 6445 Lee Highway; 6 p.m. Sunday; “Ignite the Night” concert features Rick Stanley, stepbrother of Elvis Presley, and “Fireproof” movie recording artist John Waller; www.lightupthiscity.com.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features Jericho Junction and Sheila Reed; 423-488-6031.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...