published Tuesday, December 24th, 2013

Fire damages Washington Hills home in Chattanooga

A Christmas Eve kitchen fire did around $5,000 in damage to a house at 6300 Hansley Drive, in the Washington Hills area of Chattanooga.

According to the Chattanooga Fire Department, firefighters responded to the residence and found "light smoke" coming from inside the house. A fire reportedly began on the stove and spread to the home's kitchen cabinets.

There was smoke and heat damage. One resident was inside but escaped unharmed.

The home's occupants will be staying with relatives until the damage is fixed.

about Alex Green...

Alex joined the Times Free Press staff full-time in January 2014 as a region business reporter. He is a native of Dayton, Tenn., located 35 miles north of Chattanooga, and he is a fifth-generation Dayton native. Alex came to the Times Free Press as an editorial intern in July 2013. He was previously a correspondent at The Herald-News, located in Dayton, through college and editor-in-chief of the Triangle, Bryan College's student-led media group. Alex was ...

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.