• Ooltewah Baptist Church, 5514 Main St.; 11:30 a.m. Thursday; quarterly luncheon meeting of Hamilton County Baptist Ministries Assistants Association features theme of "Love Isn't Love Until You Give It Away" (Donate Life Tennessee); free for newcomers of any denomination but meal $6 and dues $5 for others; reservations deadline 2 p.m. Monday; 267-3794, email email@example.com or visit www.baptistassociation.com.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 5:15-8:15 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 20-March 20; 40th annual Thorne Sparkman School of Religion, including weekly organ meditation (5:15 p.m.), Holy Eucharist (5:30 p.m.), presenter book sales (5:45 p.m.), dinner (5:45 p.m., with reservation), speaker presentation (7 p.m.), questions (8 p.m.) and presenter book sales (8:15 p.m.); speaker list: Feb. 20, Jon Meacham, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and Random House Publications executive editor; Feb. 27, Amy Jill Levine, Vanderbilt University Divinity School New Testament and Jewish studies professor; March 6, the Rt. Rev. Neil Alexander, author and University of the South School of Theology dean; March 13, the Rt. Rev. Frank T. Griswold, author and retiring presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church; March 20, Andrew Exum, Middle East scholar and The Center for a New American Security senior fellow; $35 for all five presentations ($10 each at door), $7 per meal ($3 children); 266-8195 or www.stpaulschatt.org.
• Abba's House, 5208 Hixson Pike (Awaken Worship Center); 7 p.m. Friday and 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9; middle school choir/fourth- through sixth-grade choir presentation of "The Little Mermaid Jr."; Friday tickets, $5 ($10 at door), and available at church bookstore/cafe or online at abbashouse.com; Feb. 9 dinner theater tickets, $15 adults/$8 children ages 10-under, and available by calling 877-6462, ext. 249.
• Free To Worship Revival Center, 9966 Lowell Road, Soddy-Daisy; 7 p.m. Friday; Feeding Anointed Temples (F.A.T.) monthly class offered to help participants break chains of addiction (drugs, alcohol, food, approval, etc.) and align the body with God's word; 650-9172 or www.wearefreetoworship.com.
• Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4829 College Drive NE (fellowship hall); 6-8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 11; "Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease" offers presentation by Dr. Mike Hollie, plant-based dinner and tools for restoring health and inspiration in first of monthly series; 315-1950 or www.instep4life.com.
• Chattanooga First Seventh-day Adventist Church, 7450 Standifer Gap Road; 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 9; worship concert by gospel recording artist/Morning Song Music Group President/Chief Executive Officer Steve Darmody; free but offering received; free CD available with World Vision child sponsorship; 893-5105 or www.stevedarmody.org/worldvision.
• Collegedale Community Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4995 Swinyar Drive; 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9; Southern gospel concert featuring Dayspring men's trio and His Voice; free; 396-5464.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...