Events and seminars
• Hixson Council Community Coffee at 8 a.m. Tuesday at Country Inn & Suites, 5000 New Country Drive.
• Government Contracting Workshop at 9 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. PTA 101 and 102 cover basic and advanced government contracting. This free workshop is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-765-8668 to register.
• Chamber Ambassadors Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The Mill, 1601 Gulf St. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Register with Brenda Harrison at bharrison@chattanoo gachamber.com.
• YPAC After Hours at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Barking Legs Theater, 1307 Dodds Ave. In partnership with Gaining Ground, YPAC will feature "Fresh," a film by Sofia Joanes focused on transforming the way we think about eating.
• MidTown Council Meeting at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Chattanooga City Councilwoman Carol Berz will speak.
• Small Business Orientation at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register.