• Max Miller, McMinn Central: With 20 points, he scored one point less than a third of the Chargers' total in a 61-48 basketball win at Arts & Science.
• Rokas Paulaskas, Hamilton Heights: He scored a team-high 14 points in a 56-44 road win over Polk County.
• Tracy Thompson, East Hamilton: With 16 points, he was one of three Hurricanes in double figures in a 67-61 win over Central. Thompson had four makes in six 3-point attempts.
• Kenqual Dozier, Lookout Valley: He scored 28 of his team's 55 points in a two-point district victory over Marion County.
• Tyler Turner, Van Buren County: He scored 26 points as Van Buren held off South Pittsburg 75-71 in a key District 6-A game.
• Spencer Mossburg, Silverdale Baptist: He scored 23 points in the Seahawks' 75-53 District 5-A victory over Copper Basin.
• Ima Akpan, Hamilton Heights: She scored 24 points including three 3s, leading her team to its 24th win in 28 games with a 57-50 victory over Polk County.
• Juliette Harp, East Hamilton: She was the only Lady Hurricane in double figures, scoring 17 in a 57-38 District 6-AA victory at Central.
• Mia Smith, Tyner: She scored 16 points -- with no 3-pointers -- as the Lady Rams bested East Ridge 60-27.
• Mariah Massengill, Silverdale: She scored 28 points, equaling Copper Basin's total output, in the Lady Seahawks' 77-28 victory.
• Kassidy Blevins, Gordon Lee: Although the Lady Trojans won going away, 66-18, she was the only one in double figures, scoring 17.
• Kristin Hill, Grundy County: She led the Lady Yellow Jackets with 11 points in a 47-39 home win over Signal Mountain in a District 7-AA tournament opener.
• Alex Belk, Heritage: She led fairly balanced scoring with 11 points in the Lady Generals' 7-AAAA tournament win over Cedartown at Dalton. They'll play River Ridge at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Dalton.
• Mary Sabourin, Chattanooga Christian: She had 10 steals, seven rebounds and seven assists with eight points in the Lady Chargers' opener in the District 7-AA tournament, a 58-47 win over Sequatchie County.
• Lakelyn Bouldin, Van Buren County: Her 33 points paced the Eaglettes' 69-61 win over South Pittsburg.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress
related articles »
* Brooke Copeland, Bradley Central: Her 20 points paced the Bearettes' 69-29 District 5-AAA basketball win over Ooltewah.
• Stedmon Ford, Notre Dame: The high-scoring senior lit up Signal Mountain with 36 points in a 75-56 win.
Brooke Copeland, Bradley Central: With 29 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks, she paced the Bearettes past Walker Valley in ...