Two homes were damaged by fires in the Dallas Bay area today.
Unattended cooking in the kitchen caused fire damage to a house in at 705 Charlee Lane. A 9-1-1 call was received at 8:45 a.m. reporting a kitchen fire. Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene reporting heavy smoke coming from the house.
Firefighters quickly gained access into the home and found heavy smoke and fire in the kitchen. Extinguishing the fire took just a few minutes and firefighters were able to contain the fire damage to the kitchen area.
According the fire officials, homeowner Donna Bookout explained her son’s roommate was cooking and left the stove unattended for a few minutes. The roommate returned to find the stove and cabinets were on fire. He tried to extinguish the fire but was unsuccessful. While extinguishing the fire, he suffered second-degree burns to his hands. He was transported to Erlanger Medical Center by Hamilton County EMS for his burns.
Dallas Bay Volunteer firefighters received another alarm within 40 minutes. The homeowner, Betty Lawson, called 9-1-1 reporting a garage fire at 8844 East Ridge Trail. Firefighters on the scene reporting heavy smoke and fire pouring from the garage. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the garage fire and keep it from spreading throughout the house.
Red Bank Fire Department was requested for stand-by emergency calls in Dallas Bay area.
No injuries were reported but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries to the firefighters on the scene. According to Chief Marcus Fritts, Dallas Bay VFD, reported the fire started when the owner’s dog knocked over a heat lamp onto a bed of wood shavings in the dog house. The heat lamp was used to warm the dog house in the garage.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: