Events and seminars
• Strategic Management Learning System: Forecasting from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted in partnership between the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain, PC, the seminar is the second in a 12-part series offered monthly throughout the year. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register for the $35 seminar
• Brainerd/East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Bridgett Massengill, project manager for Thrive 2055 will speak.
• Experience Talks: Raising Funding from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The Camp House, 1427 Williams St. The program is part of the lunch series for startup businesses and is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and CO.LAB in partnership with Cohutta Bank. Call 757-8668 to register.
• East Ridge Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Ron Harr, President & CEO of the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• MidTown Launch from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Wilson Air Center, 932 Jubilee Drive. The Chattanooga Chamber's MidTown Council is hosting the MidTown Launch to promote revitalization in the Brainerd area. The theme of this event is to "Enrich, Enlighten and Energize" the businesses along the Brainerd Road corridor from the Brainerd Tunnel to the airport. The event will culminate with the revealing of a new MidTown area brand. Find out more by calling Angie Williams-Daly at 423-624-0078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Ron Harris of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee will speak on "Cultural Diversity in the Workplace." Meetings cost $10.
• CEG/INCubator Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at 100 Cherokee Blvd. Maury Nicely of Evans, Harrison & Hackett, PLLC will talk on "Things Employers Need to Know for 2013: The Changing Employment Law Landscape." The event is free for CEG/INCubator clients and costs $10 for others. Contact Tabitha Erickson at 423-752-4301 to find out more.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• International Business Council Meeting from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress
related articles »
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Melissa Halsell ...
Writing Your Business Plan from 9 a.m. to noon Monday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The free seminar hosted ...
• Writing Your Business Plan from 11 a.m. to noon Monday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Register for the ...