published Monday, February 25th, 2013

Cooking fire in Highland Park extinguished, no injuries

  • photo

A fire in a kitchen in Highland Park was extinguished this afternoon by Chattanooga firefighters. No injuries were reported in the incident.

A news release said an electrical meter had to be pulled with the result that the three adults who live in the house will have to stay elsewhere.

Capt. David Thompson Jr. said the fire has been ruled accidental. It originated with food being left unattended on a stove.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.