A podiatrist, a Realtor, an artist and private-school dean are among the eight Chattanoogans putting their best foot forward for the Partnership for Families, Children and Adults.
The Partnership announced its new cast today for its sixth annual Dancing with the Chattanooga Stars, a local version of ABC’s popular “Dancing with the Stars” reality show. The dancing competition and Partnership fundraiser will be held June 22 at the Tivoli Theatre.
Vying for the mirror-ball trophy will be:
• Dr. Ira Kraus, podiatrist, Advanced Foot Care;
• James McKissic, artist and vice president and chief operating officer of the Urban League of Chattanooga;
• Andy Moore, vice president of private client services, First Tennessee Bank;
• Lisa Nausley, chief executive officer, Sandler Training;
• David Padilla, 11th- and 12th-grade dean, Baylor School;
• Ferris Robinson, independent writer and author;
• Gina Sakich, real estate broker, Real Estate Partners of Chattanooga;
• Dawn Weber, foundation director, Alexian Brothers Health System;
Each amateur will be paired with a professional dancer from the Fred Astaire Dance Studio, where they will rehearse in 15 dance lessons over three months.
For more information, call the Partnership at 697-3829.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...