• Fifty-Five Plus Club: Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church fellowship hall, noon, potluck vegetarian luncheon followed by program by professor John McCoy, dean of the School of Education and Psychology at Southern Adventist University, 591-4779.
• Bradley County Democratic Party: Cleveland-Bradley County Public Library, 795 Church St., Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m., visitors welcome. Bill Taylor is guest speaker, 423-336-1129.
• AARP Driver Safety Class: Alexian Brothers Senior Neighbors, 250 E. 10th St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m., $12 AARP members, $14 nonmembers, bring bag lunch and drink. For reservations, call 755-6106.
• Southern Appalachian Back Country Horsemen: Tri-State Exhibition Center, Interstate 75 at exit 20, bear left off ramp and follow to exhibition center, Cleveland, Tenn., 6:30 p.m., visitors welcome. Veterinarian Arlynn Blazer will present program, 238-5540.
• Information session: Tennessee Wesleyan College, Sherman Fine Arts Building, Athens, Tenn., 6:30 p.m., free information for prospective transfer, evening and graduate students, 252-1114.
• Infant/Child CPR Class: Parkridge East Hospital, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., $15. American Heart Association class instruction on what to do if a child stops breathing or chokes and injury prevention. For reservations, call 800-242-5662.
• Line dance workshop: Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., $5. Beginner's class to learn easy and popular line dances to variety of musical styles. No experience necessary, no partner required, 309-6842.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...