• Kassidy Blevins, Gordon Lee: The Lady Trojans senior scored 14 points, surpassing 1,000 for her career, and added eight assists in a 66-35 region basketball win over Trion.
• Jada Hubbard, Alex Belk, Heritage: They combined for 44 points and 13-of-16 free-throw shooting in a 69-59 victory over Dalton.
• Elizabeth Masengil, McMinn Central: WIth 25 points and seven rebounds, she guided a 59-33 defeat of Hamilton Heights.
• Paige Carter, Whitwell: She poured in 20 points as the Lady Tigers defeated Lookout Valley 62-24.
• Kayla Crowder, Sale Creek: Her 20 points led the Lady Panthers past Marion County, 56-44.
• Keonna Beaman, Notre Dame: She scored 16 as the Lady Irish downed East Ridge 50-36.
• Julie Brown, Rhea County: Her 10 points led a 40-24 District 5-AAA win over Soddy-Daisy.
• Carly Curtis, Calhoun: With 10 points, she paced the Lady Yellow Jackets past Chattooga, 67-33.
• Bryce Copeland, Bradley Central: He scored 26 points as the Bears routed Baylor, 88-48.
• Jalen Smith, Rhea County: He scored 27 in a 68-55 win over Soddy-Daisy.
• Brandon Walters, Howard: His 23 points pushed Howard past Hixson, 73-61.
• D'Mondta Smith, Hixson: He had 26 points, eight rebounds and four steals in the Wildcats' district loss.
• Jamal Johnson, D.J. Bryant, Kendrick Thompson, Cleveland: They combined for 65 points in a 78-62 District 5-AAA defeat of McMinn County.
• Quentin Versa, Ty Jones, McMinn County: They had 22 and 19 points in the loss.
• Tim Webb, McMinn Central: He scored 22 points in the Chargers' 60-59 win over Hamilton Heights.
• Rokas Paulauscas, Hamilton Heights: He had 21 points as the Hawks fell one point short.
• Jacob Carter, Heritage: With 15 points, he paced a 67-60 win over Dalton.
• Ben Snider, Ooltewah: His 16 points included the game-winning free throws in overtime as the Owls squeaked by Walker Valley, 67-66.
• Preston Pickett, Marion County: He had 23 points in a 65-58 defeat of Sale Creek.
• Devonte Cooper, Brainerd: He led the Panthers with 17 points in a 49-43 District 6-AA win over East Hamilton.
• Hall Allen, Boyd-Buchanan: He scored 17 as the Buccaneers downed Chattanooga Christian 64-34.
• Kenqual Dozier, Lookout Valley: He had 19 points and five assists in a 56-48 district defeat of Whitwell.
• Lannom Sowell, Signal Mountain: His 15 points helped push the Eagles past Sequatchie County, 58-37.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
• Max Miller, McMinn Central: With 20 points, he scored one point less than a third of the Chargers' total ...
Katelyn Lee, Gordon Lee: Her 18 points led the Lady Trojans to a 72-24 basketball defeat of Excel Christian.
Alyssa Rackley, Bledsoe County: She scored 20 points in a 58-46 victory over Chattanooga Christian.