• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding planning meetings July 13 and July 27 in preparation for its 50-year reunion. All meetings will begin at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1983 is holding its 30-year reunion Friday-Saturday, July 12-13, at Pier 2 at the Landing on Riverfront Parkway. For ticket information, contact Donna Scurlock Austin, 423-314-4120.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on July 13 from 4-11 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Soddy-Daisy, 10185 Dayton Pike. For reservation availability, call Linda Stewart at 238-4518 or email email@example.com.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 will hold a planning meeting on Saturday, July 20, at 5 p.m. in Greater Tucker Baptist Church, 1115 North Moore Road, to finalize plans for the class’ 60th birthday celebration. For more information, call Glenda Thompson, 629-5525.
• Brainerd High School classes of 1973-75 are holding a reunion on Friday-Saturday, July 26-27, at Pier 2. For more information or reservations, contact Mike Payne at Tnmastergardener@aol.com.
• McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park. A reunion dinner will be held that night at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, 6-10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7-11 p.m. on the Southern Belle riverboat. For more information, call 593-0209 or 476-2602.
• Rossville High School class of 1973 is holding a 40-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 6-9 p.m. at the Rossville Athletic Center (the former Rossville High School gymnasium). Class members should register at
www.rhsclassof73.net. Call Pat Langston Lewis at 423-413-3406 or Elaine Born Steele at 423-903-2365 for more information.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 is holding “Celebrate 60 Sensational Years of Living” on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 7-11 p.m. in the Chattanooga Convention Center. Tickets are $35 per person. For more information, call 629-5525 or 894-6816.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Oct. 11 from 6 to 11 p.m. in Pier 2. The reunion dinner is Oct. 12 from 6-10 p.m. in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1993 is holding its 20-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Old Woolen Mill in downtown Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $50 per person before Aug. 15 and $60 after that, which includes all food, beverages, unlimited photo booth and professional entertainment. For more information, check the Facebook page at Bradley Central Class of 1993, email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org or text Angie Myers Taylor at 423-400-6943.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold their 50-year reunion weekend for Friday-Saturday, Oct. 25-26, on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs, 425-4785 or 1-800-728-4882.
• Descendants and friends of Leonard Aslinger and Alice Morgan Aslinger are holding a reunion Saturday, July 20, in Chester Frost Park pavilion from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Bring food for shared noon lunch, photographs and family memorabilia. For more information, contact Winnie Hall at 423-332-1295 or Harding Aslinger, 423-847-6912.
— Compiled by staff writer Susan Pierce
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...
related articles »
• Marion County High School class of 1988 is holding its 25-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 4-5.
• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7 to ...
• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding a planning meeting Saturday, July 27, in preparation for its 50-year ...
• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding planning meetings today and Saturday, July 27, in preparation for its ...