• Book Signing: Barnes & Noble, Hamilton Place, 1-3 p.m., Linda Murray Bullard signs “The Well Ran Dry: Memoirs of a Motherless Child.” 752-0673.
• Flea Market: Rainbow Daycare Center, 804 Tunnel Blvd., 8 a.m. until sold out, $15 space rental, bring own table. 355-0922.
• Grand Opening: Uptown Art, 2 Cherokee Blvd., 6-10 p.m., $20-$35, step-by-step instruction for take-home artwork, no experience required. 423-602-8580.
• Job Fair: MAU Workforce Solutions, 6150 Shallowford Road, Suite 104, 9 a.m.-noon, job fair to fill automotive assembly positions in Chattanooga, one year stable history and assembly line experience required. Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening. www.mau.com/jobs.
• Singles Dance: First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave., 6:30 p.m. free patriotic show, 7 p.m. dance, $8. 756-2021.
• Fifty-Five Plus Club: Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church fellowship hall, 4829 College Drive East, potluck vegetarian lunch at noon, 1 p.m. program by Josie and Kelvin Burgoyne. 591-4779.
• Job Fair: Cleveland-Bradley County Chamber of Commerce, 225 Keith St., Cleveland, Tenn., 9 a.m.-2 p.m., sponsored by MAU Workforce Solutions to hire operations associates for Cormetech in Cleveland. Candidates must have high school diploma or GED, six months experience in manufacturing environment, ability to lift 50 pounds, pass drug screening and background check. www.mau.com/cormetech.
• African Culture Celebration: Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th St., 11 a.m., student art showcase followed by authentic Ghanaian meal, $5 lunch, free to art show only. 423-266-1384.
• Chattanooga Photographic Society: St. John United Methodist Church, 3921 Murray Hills Drive, 7 p.m., visitors welcome. Colby McLemore of Knoxville, president of Professional Photographers of East Tennessee, presents “What Makes a Winning Image.” 344-5643.
• Southern Appalachian Back Country Horsemen: Athens Diner, 925 Congress Parkway, Athens, Tenn., 6:30 p.m., any horseman welcome. Program by club members on their horse-related trips. 423-238-5540.
— Compiled by staff writer Susan Pierce
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...
related articles »
So many choices, so little time!
Chester Frost Park is some 280 acres and, this weekend, every inch of that may be accounted for as the ...
ANGELFEST -- Angel Park Music Pavilion, Sewanee, Tenn. Children's activities (4 p.m.), music (7 p.m.), family treasure hunt and concessions, ...
* Craft fair: Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., free admission.