published Saturday, July 13th, 2013

The Rebuttal

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

146
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
bret said...

They say, "Dead men tell no tales." I guess that applies to dead children as well.

July 13, 2013 at 12:21 a.m.
fairmon said...

This trial may have the largest jury in history including OJ's. A jury that has lived every minute of the trial, heard every word of testimony and seen every piece of evidence will decide and what the rest of the world thinks means nothing. A hung jury is a real possibility.

Reading the Florida law the jury only has to decide if they believe Zimmerman had reason to think he may be killed or suffer serious bodily harm. It does not matter how the encounter came about or who initiated it. According to the law the person who has reason to think they may be killed or suffer serious bodily harm does not have to retreat and can stand his ground using deadly force if necessary to defend and protect himself.

The answer is either yes he had reason to think he may be killed or seriously injured or no he didn't therefore, he is either guilty as charged or not guilty. A finding of a lesser charge, in this case manslaughter, would be inappropriate since that would mean the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. A finding of a lesser charge would suggest the jury don't know but think he could be guilty so just in case we will do this.

I personally don't care which way it goes. I have no sympathy for Martin or Zimmerman since either of them could have prevented the incident. I would prefer they find him guilty as charged or not guilty

July 13, 2013 at 1:27 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Tragedy? (Cliche, but) No doubt. Murder 2? From this distance, don't think so; murderers don't call the cops. Manslaughter? From this distance, reasonable doubt, which calls for a verdict of "not guilty."

Political prosecution? From this distance, I'm AWfully suspicious. Under Moses's law, false witnesses get punished as they sought to do to their targets, and it's said the prosecution's affidavit contained statements known, at the time, to be dubious.

Enough blame to go around? Mr Zimmerman would better have stayed in his car; Mr Martin would better have sprinted for home when Zimmerman challenged him...

Mr Martin's account of the fatal evening would be illuminating, of course; but would his autobiography show a life we'd want to read about or imitate?

July 13, 2013 at 1:59 a.m.
alprova said...

The one thing that I have come to realize, due to the amount of interest in the outcome of this trial, is that racism and bigotry is alive and well in the United States in the year 2013.

I'm not referring to any comments offered in this forum.

If I had a dollar for every time I have heard the "N" word used by white people who have noticed the trial on my television in my place of business, I could retire today.

I've witnessed first hand people opining that had Trayvon been white, no one would have cared and that the story would never have made it out of Sanford, Florida.

"Race-baiting," has become a phrase that I've heard over and over and over, to describe those who wanted justice, one way or the other, for Trayvon's death.

I have come to be ashamed to be a white man who shares a likeness to so many people who blame Trayvon for his own death. I am appalled that people can so easily dismiss the life of a 17 year old boy, who was doing absolutely nothing wrong on the night he was shot to death.

I've been very consistent as to why I believe that George Zimmerman deserves time behind bars for what transpired that night.

I get that George Zimmerman was trying to protect his community by reporting what he thought was the presence of someone who did not belong in the area.

But he failed to disclose at any time why he was interested in Trayvon Martin to the boy himself. As a representative of a loosely organized Neighborhood Watch program, who should have known better, he failed to observe and report and leave it to the police to deal with the matter.

"These #%&@$^^@ punks always get away..."

Regardless of what Trayvon did in his past, prior to that night, on that night he being was a model citizen, who only stepped out to get a drink and a bag of Skittles.

Had George Zimmerman stayed in his pickup truck and not attempted to follow Trayvon, which was what he was supposed to do, the two of them would have never met face to face.

Trayvon is not alive to tell his side of the story, and George Zimmerman has every reason to embellish the events in his favor, as he is the only survivor, and he is in the hot seat over what happened.

Zimmerman was well within his right to be armed that night. But had he not had that gun on him, would he have handled the situation any differently? You know he would have.

That gun gave him, "a soft and fat man who couldn't fight," a false sense of bravado. Rather than to take a butt whoopin' for his errors in judgment, he shot a 17 year old to death.

I believe that those six women will come to a unanimous decision and they will judge George Zimmerman guilty of manslaughter.

July 13, 2013 at 2:16 a.m.
alprova said...

Understand that I am not judging George Zimmerman to be a bad person. We all heard the courtroom testimony. George is a nice guy. I believe it.

I have no doubt that he did not plan what happened nor had any expectation that he would be pulling that gun out of its holster that night, or that he had any hate in his heart.

But he screwed up and he ended the life of a boy whose only crime was to be returning from a trip to a convenience store.

George Zimmerman offered one of the most reckless of comments that he ever could have uttered, when speaking with Sean Hannity on July 18, 2013.

"I feel that it was all God's plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it..." He seemed to be lost in thought when he said that.

"I do wish that there was something, anything I could have done that would have put me in the position that I wouldn't have to take his life."

"I'm sorry that this happened. I hate to think that because of this incident, because of my actions, that it's polarized and divided America."

The fact is, George Zimmerman COULD most definitely have done "something, anything" different that would have resulted in him not having taken Trayvon Martin's life that night.

He screwed up. He left his vehicle. He most definitely began following Trayvon. If anyone stood their ground in defense, it was Trayvon, who was probably scared and fearful as to why Zimmerman was following him, because he had no idea why Zimmerman was doing so.

Was he about to be robbed? (Trayvon had $40 in his pocket)

Was he about to be raped? (It does happen to guys)

"There's this creepy-ass cracker following me"

George Zimmerman failed not once, but twice to declare his interest in him as a Neighborhood Watchman, even when Trayvon made a point to ask him "You got a problem?"...WHILE ZIMMERMAN WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE POLICE when he was parked by the clubhouse.

Regardless of the past of either one of those two individuals prior to that night, they should never have been close enough to exchange a word, much less any punches, and certainly not a gunshot.

The old saying goes, "two wrongs never make a right"

This is a case of two rights that went horribly wrong.

George Zimmerman was 500 feet from his pickup truck where the two of them wound up in the altercation that ended Trayvon Martin's life.

500 feet. There is no justification for that. Observe and report.

"Are you following him?"

"Yeah"

"Uh...we don't need you to do that..."

"Okay"

"Sh!t...he's running"

July 13, 2013 at 3:09 a.m.
alprova said...

AndrewLohr wrote: "Mr Martin's account of the fatal evening would be illuminating, of course; but would his autobiography show a life we'd want to read about or imitate?"

Who on this Earth is perfect? Who, in their youth, did not make mistakes in judgment and never got into trouble?

I'll never reveal it in this forum what they were, but I did some rather stupid things when I was his age. I've made many mistakes throughout the course of my life. Who doesn't?

Whatever Trayvon Martin did prior to the night of his death, the fact remains that he was doing not one thing wrong in the moments leading up to the moment when the two of them were within arm's reach of each other.

Nothing.

You are like every other "pro-life" promulgator that I run across.

Life is 'precious' when it is totally innocent in the womb, but life means little to nothing to them when human imperfections are exposed.

Who on this entire Earth is without faults of their own?

Damn you and your self-righteousness. May it pave your way to Hell.

And that goes for anyone else who believes that Trayvon Martin deserved to die and that the prosecution of George Zimmerman is political.

July 13, 2013 at 3:32 a.m.
klifnotes said...

fairmon said..."Reading the Florida law the jury only has to decide if they believe Zimmerman had reason to think he may be killed or suffer serious bodily harm. It does not matter how the encounter came about or who initiated it. According to the law the person who has reason to think they may be killed or suffer serious bodily harm does not have to retreat and can stand his ground using deadly force if necessary to defend and protect himself"


Is that why for some mysterious reason you'll find most pedophiles, child molesters moving to the state of Florida? They can abduct, molest, rape their victims and kill them then declare Urrrr Unnnnaarrrr, I admit to casing, stalking, chasing down, and kidnapping my victim. HowEV-AH, I only intended to rape, molest my victim. It's their OWN fault I had to kill them. U see, they decided to resist and put up a fight, causing me to FEAR FOR MY LIFE.___WOW! OK....now that explains it. Something must be in that Florida wattah. Sick nation. Really Really sick*** seriously.

July 13, 2013 at 5:01 a.m.
klifnotes said...

andylohr said: "Mr Martin's account of the fatal evening would be illuminating, of course; but would his autobiography show a life we'd want to read about or imitate?"


With Zimmermans violent past, even accusations of molesting a relative or family friend, it's his life no one should want to imitate. Martin's life journey up until his death, that is, is quite calm and mild in comparison with that of Zimmerman.

July 13, 2013 at 5:10 a.m.
EaTn said...

The "stand your ground" concept should be re-worded as "stand your ground, and face the consequences". This should be an eye opener for all those who pack heat. Martin is dead and Zimmerman is walking dead--whether in prison or freedom. He will always be looking over his shoulder and sleeping with one eye open.

July 13, 2013 at 6:54 a.m.
joepulitzer said...

alkarma: "I have come to be ashamed to be a white man who shares a likeness to so many people who blame Trayvon for his own death."

http://www.ehow.com/how_4431959_change-skin-color-from-white.html

July 13, 2013 at 7:02 a.m.
degage said...

So Al, You think the black youths that beat innocent white people in retaliation for Trayvon , did it for justice. Black youth went on a rampage all over this country and sadly some of their victims died. The MSM buried it or just plain didn't cover it. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson fanned the flames of racial divide and Obama chimed in.

I understand you have a problem reading small print of a newspaper but that didn't matter cause most didn't cover any of this or buried it on page 10.

You may be right, the verdict may well be manslaughter based on race. As I said before I think those poor women could be so afraid of riots or for their own lives they feel they have to convict of something. Had Trayvon been the one alive and Zimmerman dead he would have had the same right to claim self defense. This has been a circus, as was O J's.

Tell me Al, Had it been Zimmerman laying dead and Trayvon was the person that commited the act, would you have heard anything about it and would there have been such an outcry? Since there has been no outcry about the mobs of teens beating in retaliation for Trayvon, I don't think so. Now you are going to claim I am racist because I think there has been a double standard in this case. It is farther from the truth, it was terrible that a young life, be it black, white, yellow or brown, has been lost. It is also terrible that young people feel they have to retaliate by using violence.

July 13, 2013 at 7:05 a.m.
fairmon said...

Klifnotes said...

Is that why for some mysterious reason you'll find most pedophiles, child molesters moving to the state of Florida?

I did not defend the law or even suggest it was a good law. But, good or bad it is a law in Florida.

July 13, 2013 at 7:12 a.m.
joepulitzer said...

Now you've done it degage, al's writing a book for his response. No doubt it will be a beast seller.

July 13, 2013 at 7:25 a.m.
degage said...

Sorry, Joe!

July 13, 2013 at 7:30 a.m.
joepulitzer said...

alfie: "Damn you and your self-righteousness. May it pave your way to Hell."

This is what you get from a self-proclaimed "Christian" who believes in reincarnation ... and that someday he may come back to life as a pitbull.

July 13, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.
jesse said...

Joe, Every once in a while the REAL Alprova show's its self!

He don't like it if you have an opinion he doesn't share!!

Zimmerman will walk and if he doesn't there are so many grounds for appeal that this will drag out for years!!

July 13, 2013 at 7:52 a.m.
rick1 said...

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Charles Rangel, Julian Bond, Barak Obama, Kanye West, Ray Nagin, Louis Farrakhan, Shelia Jackson Lee, Al Sharpton, Kweisi Mfume, Harry Belafonte, Maxine Waters, and John Conyers are some of your biggest race baiters.

http://www.joeclarke.net/2005/09/top-ten-racistsrace-baiters-no-bill.html

July 13, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.
klifnotes said...

degage said... So Al, You think the black youths that beat innocent white people in retaliation for Trayvon , did it for justice. Black youth went on a rampage all over this country and sadly some of their victims died.


Although it was downplayed, white adults went into a rampage all over this country, even locally, attacking blacks after the O.J. Simpson acquittal. Those black youth were rightfully arrested, charged and prosecuted. Only a very small few if any whites were arrested, charged and prosecuted for their attacks on blacks after O.J. was found not guilty. And that verdict wasn't even beyond a shadow of a doubt either. btw-the two jurors who said O.J. was guilty were actually black.

July 13, 2013 at 8:50 a.m.
degage said...

Klifnotes, So where have you found that these youngsters have been arrested and prosecuted. I haven't heard of any, Oh that's right it was buried on the back pages. As for the O J verdict, where was all this white on black happening? Or are you just trying to justify the problems arising from race baiting.

July 13, 2013 at 8:57 a.m.
klifnotes said...

fairmon said: I did not defend the law or even suggest it was a good law. But, good or bad it is a law in Florida


If your intent was not to use it in defense of Zimmerman, you'd have not posted it here. And according to Gov. Jeb Bush who signed the Bill into law and State Republican Rep. Dennis Baxley, who helped write and co-sponsored the SYG Bill you're wrong in your mis-interpretation of the law. That's also why Zimmerman's lawyers decided against using the SYG law because they know it would have backfired.

Here's what Florida Republican State Rep. Dennis Baxley had to say back on March 2012 about the SYG when Zimmerman's defense were talking about using the law:

excerpt/npr org:

"State Rep. Dennis Baxley (R-Fla.) co-sponsored the law and says it does not appear to be applicable to that case.".-speaking on the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case.

"BAXLEY: Well, simply because if you carefully read the statute, which most of the critics have not, and read the legislative analysis, there's nothing in this statute that authorizes you to pursue or confront other people. If anything, this law would have protected the victim (Martin) in this caSe."

So what has happened is, all these eager-little-trigger-happy-beavers who were just anticipating the chance to go out and bag their first kill jumped the gun without fully understanding and comprehending what the law really states. That's why so many are praying Zman is found not guilty. They're anticipating what it will decide for them in future similar situation. If he's found not-guilty they can use this trial as a defense for themselves. If he's found guilty as homemade-sin then they'll have to go back to the drawing board.

Another wrongful interpretation of Stand Your Ground laws in many states is what happened in Texas. When Raul Rodriguez shot and killed his neighbor, after confronting the neighbor over a loud party. He was so sure Texas Stand Your Ground Law would protect him that he was actually dumb enough to film the encounter to use as his defense if he was charged. Guess what? Rodriguez, a retired firefighter, got charged and was convicted of murdering his neighbor Kelly Danaher, an elementary school-teacher. It was Rodriguez own filming of the tragedy that got him arrested and convicted of murder.

July 13, 2013 at 9:06 a.m.
klifnotes said...

degage said... Klifnotes, So where have you found that these youngsters have been arrested and prosecuted.


That's because you spend all your days reading and listening to right wingnut talking points.

July 13, 2013 at 9:09 a.m.

Alprova is like most liberals, if you don't agree with them then shut up. His long, draw, out and anal retentive posts are the equivalent of shouting someone down. When lefties don't get their way they try and silence, shout down, toss feces or other bodily fluids. I can imagine him sitting there like jabba the hutt popping slimy snacks into his mouth and pouncing on the keyboard whenever anyone has an opposing view. Sticky fingers and keys.

July 13, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.
rick1 said...

klfnotes, please back up what you posted at 8:50am

July 13, 2013 at 9:21 a.m.
alprova said...

degage wrote: "So Al, You think the black youths that beat innocent white people in retaliation for Trayvon , did it for justice."

I have no idea what you are referring to, and no matter what it is, it is a completely separate case from this one.

"Black youth went on a rampage all over this country and sadly some of their victims died."

That is a completely generalized and bigoted comment.

"The MSM buried it or just plain didn't cover it. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson fanned the flames of racial divide and Obama chimed in."

Be that as it may be, it was done for one purpose, which was to bring a man to justice for the wrong that he committed.

"Tell me Al, Had it been Zimmerman laying dead and Trayvon was the person that commited the act, would you have heard anything about it and would there have been such an outcry? Since there has been no outcry about the mobs of teens beating in retaliation for Trayvon, I don't think so."

If that had had been the case, that death would not have been attempted to have been swept under the carpet, now would it? Trayvon Martin would have been immediately arrested and charged.

"Now you are going to claim I am racist because I think there has been a double standard in this case."

Based on your post, I feel comfortable in assessing the fact that you have a very poor outlook on those who are black, which makes you a bigot. I really have no idea whether or not you feel you are superior to those who are black.

"It is farther from the truth, it was terrible that a young life, be it black, white, yellow or brown, has been lost. It is also terrible that young people feel they have to retaliate by using violence."

I suppose you feel that is a black thing, eh?

July 13, 2013 at 9:22 a.m.
klifnotes said...

rick1 said... klfnotes, please back up what you posted at 8:50am


Why? Don't you know how to use your search engines to get a more rounded view? You certainly use them as rebuttals in an attempt to prove opposing sides wrong.

But here's one: I personally know someone who was assaulted on their job immediately after the O.J. Simpson verdict of not guilty was read.

July 13, 2013 at 9:25 a.m.
GameOn said...

alprova said... The one thing that I have come to realize, due to the amount of interest in the outcome of this trial, is that racism and bigotry is alive and well in the United States in the year 2013.

You are correct Al. If Zimmerman and Martin had been the same race, we would have never heard about this story. It would have been a local story for a couple of days with very little or no national media attention.

July 13, 2013 at 9:31 a.m.
rick1 said...

Al posted "Be that as it may be, it was done for one purpose, which was to bring a man to justice for the wrong that he committed."

BS it was done for purely political reasons. I don't see Jackson, Sharpton and Obama calling for justice for all the other blacks that have been murdered.

Al posted "If that had had been the case, that death would not have been attempted to have been swept under the carpet, now would it? Trayvon Martin would have been immediately arrested and charged."

You have no proof of that. You are a pathetic race baiter who is ashamed to be white. If things are so bad in this country why don't you get the HELL OUT!

July 13, 2013 at 9:31 a.m.
alprova said...

Oh me oh my, it seems that I have touched a nerve or two this morning.

July 13, 2013 at 9:33 a.m.
degage said...

Klif, so prove your point and show us where you found this. I'm sure your left wing sites have buried this as the MSM has. I do check out left wing sites to get the other side. That is the only way a person should make up their mind. I just don't see it like you lefties do. I think American's are of all different colors but they are only American's instead of different races, Black white yellow or brown. I grew up in the North and went to school with all different races. We got along just fine.

July 13, 2013 at 9:34 a.m.
klifnotes said...

degage said: ""Tell me Al, Had it been Zimmerman laying dead and Trayvon was the person that commited the act, would you have heard anything about it and would there have been such an outcry?"

No outcry would have been needed. If the tables were turned, Trayvon would have been arrested on the spot, and lucky to have made it to jail in one piece.

See another Florida trial of what appeared possible real case of self-defense where race was involved:

Dooley vs state case No. 98-1414

Dooley was sentenced to 8 years in prison for manslaughter in the shooting death of David James.

July 13, 2013 at 9:34 a.m.
klifnotes said...

degage said: "I do check out left wing sites to get the other side"

sure you do. The small few stories that made the news were national headlines back during and after the trial.

July 13, 2013 at 9:37 a.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "You have no proof of that. You are a pathetic race baiter who is ashamed to be white. If things are so bad in this country why don't you get the HELL OUT!"

You're more naive than I have ever thought you to be if you think that justice would not have been swift had the roles been reversed.

I'm not going anywhere and any shame I may have of sharing the same skin color of people like yourself, I deal with by being objective when it comes to issues surrounding those of another race.

One only needs to read the comments of those who have vilified Trayvon Martin to understand what's behind such comments.

Yes indeedy, racism and bigotry is alive and well and it most definitely raised its ugly head in this case by the millions.

July 13, 2013 at 9:44 a.m.
klifnotes said...

Finally, and I'm going out to play on such a beautiful and pleasant day. Maybe take in a few yard sales and flea markets:

The state of TN is also a state that signed it's own version of a Stand Your Ground Bill* into law. I found it disturbing after learning some of the names of politicians who actually signed the Bill. Some at least, you'd think they knew better.

Wonder if that's why so many of those eager-beavers wanted to be allowed to legally carry their concealed weapons into various parks? For sure they carry them anyway, but being allowed to legally do so would open up a bevy of opportunities for them?

July 13, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.
rick1 said...

Klifnotes, "Although it was downplayed, white adults went into a rampage all over this country, even locally, attacking blacks after the O.J. Simpson acquittal."

So you say white rampage occurred all over this country and then when asked to provide details you can only say "I personally know someone who was assaulted on their job immediately after the O.J. Simpson verdict of not guilty was read."

Is there any police report of this happening?

July 13, 2013 at 9:53 a.m.
rick1 said...

Al posted, "I may have of sharing the same skin color of people like yourself."

I never told you I'm white. Just because my views are different then yours doesn't mean I can't be Hispanic, Asian, Native American Indian, or African American. To think otherwise shows you are a bigot.

July 13, 2013 at 10 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

ALPO proves daily that he is slipping into mental illness.

So ALPO, are you a CPA?

July 13, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Should we make a TOP TEN THINGS TO LOOT list in case of an acquittal?

July 13, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.
rick1 said...

Al, I'm sorry I didn't get your entire quoted in my 10:00am post.

You posted "I'm not going anywhere and any shame I may have of sharing the same skin color of people like yourself, I deal with by being objective when it comes to issues surrounding those of another race."

People who are White, Hispanic, African American, Native American, Asian can have views that are different from yours and still be objective when it comes to issues surrounding those of another race. To think other wise shows you are a bigot.

Just because someone has different views then yours doesn't

July 13, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.
degage said...

Klifnotes,I checked out the Dooley case and I do believe he should have been allowed to put a self defense defense on. The judge did not allow it and that was a bad call. I know nothing of this case except what I just read, is that your contention since Dooley was Black and James was white? Must be the media didn't think it was worthy of reporting like the Zimmerman case. I see where you are coming from and I don't disagree with you.

July 13, 2013 at 10:35 a.m.
Maximus said...

If a Red, Yellow, Brown, Black, or White 17 year old, (which Zimmerman had no idea how old little Trayvon was during the confrontation), was on top of me beating my head against the concrete, yelling, YOU GONNA DIE TONIGHT, and I just happened to be legally carrying one of the fine firearms that I currently own, I would shoot the aggressor to stop the fight where "I" made the decision that my life was in danger. Zimmerman should be aquitted on self defense but ever since Barry The Welfare Pimp politicized this case, Zimmerman will at least do some time. The all female jury will want to make things "fair" and Zimmerman will be found guilty of something.

July 13, 2013 at 10:45 a.m.
GameOn said...

alprova said... If I had a dollar for every time I have heard the "N" word used by white people who have noticed the trial on my television in my place of business, I could retire today.

It is your business. Why do you put up with it?

July 13, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.
Maximus said...

I heard that Alprova was replacing Big Siss, Janet Napolitano, as chief NANNY of Obama's Welfare World. Funny that the big dike is going to Cal Berkley one of the most Marxist liberal college's in the U.S. Anyone.........has Obama ever submitted a budget?

July 13, 2013 at 10:48 a.m.
Maximus said...

Good point JR. Black on black is not only sliming it is a non-issue with BTWP...Barry The Welfare Pimp. If two black male 17 year old "children" kill each other in the streets of Mayor Rahim Emmanual"s (former Obamer Chief Of Staff) Chicago....does anyone hear it? Or care? Rahim just tells them not to kill each other in the suburbs where the white people live. :)

July 13, 2013 at 11:02 a.m.
rick1 said...

degage posted "The judge did not allow it and that was a bad call. I know nothing of this case except what I just read"

With all due respect how can you say it was a bad call by the judge when you then say "I know nothing of this case except what I just read."

Can you please provide the sources you read because when I searched the case klifnotes provided" Dooley vs state case No. 98-1414, it is an appeals hearing on a sexual assault case on a Kelly Dooley.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-district-court-of-appeal/1407942.html

July 13, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.
rick1 said...

Clay and his media liberal buddies are hoping for a not guilty verdict because they are looking forward to rioting, looting and carnage. They just want the not guilty verdict to come back on Monday so they will have more people watching the news.

July 13, 2013 at 11:14 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

rick1: And increase the base of dem voters....the more racial tension, the better. Hallmark of dem politics.

July 13, 2013 at 11:25 a.m.
rick1 said...

Remember Obama still is and always will be a Community Antagonizer

July 13, 2013 at 11:34 a.m.
GameOn said...

In other news...

The leaders of three major U.S. unions, including the highly influential Teamsters, have sent a scathing open letter to Democratic leaders in Congress, warning that unless changes are made, President Obama’s health care reform plan will “destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intelligence/2013/07/12/union-letter-obamacare-will-destroy-the-very-health-and-wellbeing-of-workers/

July 13, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

BHO's short-list for DHS job finalists are now in a used tampon throwing contest. The winner will most certainly take over as Chief of Homeland Security.

July 13, 2013 at 11:39 a.m.
degage said...

Rick1, type in the search (David James death by Dooley) links will come up. I read the whole link and came to my conclusion on the matter. You are entitled to do so yourself. We may not agree but that is OK, this is America. Black on black, white on white, black on white, white on black, and on and on with all races, everyone should be treated the same.

July 13, 2013 at 12:14 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said ...

I have come to be ashamed to be a white man who shares a likeness to so many people who blame Trayvon for his own death. I am appalled that people can so easily dismiss the life of a 17 year old boy, who was doing absolutely nothing wrong on the night he was shot to death.


From Wiki:

Self-hatred (also called self-loathing)

The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group, family, social class, mental illness, or stereotype to which one belongs and/or has. For instance, "ethnic self-hatred" is the extreme dislike of one's ethnic group or cultural classification.

Self-hatred and shame are important factors in some or many mental disorders, especially disorders that involve a perceived defect of oneself. Self-hatred is also a symptom of many personality disorders, including borderline personality disorder, as well as depression.

July 13, 2013 at 12:45 p.m.

Good points are being made on both sides of this debate. The level of vitriol, however, is most regrettable. I haven’t followed the case too closely, and I’m not sure what to conclude based on the limited amount of evidence to which I have been exposed. But I can’t help but noticing that our nation is full of reactionaries – a very serious problem with far-reaching destructive consequences. It is hurting us politically (on both the domestic as well as the foreign policy front). More important, though, it is hurting us socially and culturally. We are legalistic (as described by Alexander Solzhenitsyn), yet lawless. Everyone does what is right in his own eyes. Thus, bullying, revenge-killing, crimes of passion, hate crimes, robbery, tax evasion, extortion, and the list goes on.

Gun laws won’t reverse it. Stand-your-ground laws won’t stem the tide. Both the nanny state and the wild west are powerless to correct it. Perhaps we should reserve moralistic snap-judgments and prognostications, and, instead, use this as an occasion for self-reflection, and maybe even repentance and reconciliation. Given that we are far too fractured to swallow these vitamins on a national level, it would need to start on a personal and local level. It might begin with a media-fast, or at least a constricted media-diet. Hmm.

July 13, 2013 at 1:18 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

WWWTW^^ Like this? If police want to prevent a riot after Zimmerman trial, hold a Job Fair. That ought to scare off any potential rioters

July 13, 2013 at 1:24 p.m.
rick1 said...

Degage, if you don't mind could you please post the link you read to come to the conclusion the judge dropped the ball. I read several different links which I posted below and each one is different on the issue if Dooley didn't show his firearm, he did show his firearm, he showed his firearm and said "F you."

Not having more information from the court proceedings I can not make a decision if the judge was right or wrong in her ruling. I see Mr.Dooley is out on bail while his case is being appealed so we will have to wait and see what happens.

In reference to your comment "Black on black, white on white, black on white, white on black, and on and on with all races, everyone should be treated the same."

I agree 100 percent on this. Don't you find it interesting there was not one word from the Obama Administration, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or the other race baiters in reference to Mr. Dooley? Of course this is because it was not an election year for Obama when the Dooley/James incident occurred unlike the Zimmerman/Martin incident. Have to love the hypocrisy of the liberals.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/311679/28/Iraq-War-veteran-killed-widow-says-Floridas-Stand-Your-Ground-law-is-free-pass-for-murder

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/09/david_james_air_force_veteran.php

http://habueld.hubpages.com/hub/Stand-Your-Ground-The-shooting-of-David-James

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_east_hillsborough/valrico/defendant-victims-daughter-testify-in-valrico-manslaughter-hearing

July 13, 2013 at 1:42 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said ...

I am appalled that people can so easily dismiss the life of a 17 year old boy, who was doing absolutely nothing wrong on the night he was shot to death.


You have no way of knowing absolutely whether he was not doing or planning on doing anything wrong prior to the physical confrontation.

During the confrontation we do know that the only injuries on Martin was skinned knuckles prior to the gunshot. We have seen the many physical injuries that were all about Zimmerman’s head. We have eyewitness testimony that Martin was on top of Zimmerman engaged in actions that were seen as offensive attack motions and that Zimmerman was calling for help. It sure appears that at the end he was definitely engage in criminal assault on a citizen that was not breaking the law and was in a place he was entitled to be.

July 13, 2013 at 1:55 p.m.
degage said...

rick1, Yup, I do find it interesting about the race baiters. Holder, Jackson and Sharpton are top of the list, but the list is much longer. Your 8:27am post says it all.

July 13, 2013 at 1:58 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

If I had a dollar for every time I have heard the "N" word used by white people who have noticed the trial on my television in my place of business, I could retire today.

(I wonder how much money you would reap if you were in predominantly black gathering places and heard the racial vitriol there. That is not to excuse what you claimed to have observed. It is to put the lie to your implication that this just happens on one side.)

"Race-baiting," has become a phrase that I've heard over and over and over, to describe those who wanted justice, one way or the other, for Trayvon's death.

(No, they didn’t want justice, one way or another, in a fair and legal sense. They wanted vengeance through a legal verdict, deserved or not, if possible, racial strife, or the physical punishment of Zimmerman even to the extent of someone killing him.)

July 13, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.
degage said...

JT, you are right , The new black panthers called for Zimmerman's assassination, sounded like vengeance to me only not through legal verdict.

July 13, 2013 at 2:16 p.m.
fairmon said...

klifnotes said... fairmon said: I did not defend the law or even suggest it was a good law. But, good or bad it is a law in Florida

KN response.....If your intent was not to use it in defense of Zimmerman, you'd have not posted it here.

You have that wrong. I couldn't care less what the jury decides should happen to Zimmerman. Whatever decision they reach is fine with me. I have no reason to give a crap what happens to him or what happened to Martin. Either of them could have prevented it.

July 13, 2013 at 2:28 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said ...

I've been very consistent as to why I believe that George Zimmerman deserves time behind bars for what transpired that night.

(But have you been rational?)

But he failed to disclose at any time why he was interested in Trayvon Martin to the boy himself.

(Martin was hardly a boy [maybe you could use the word “child” as many have] and when did he get the opportunity to make that disclosure. How does that justify someone from smashing your face in and then jumping on top of you in an attempt to possibly kill you. Zimmerman stated that few words passed between them before Martin hit him in the face. That’s an excellent conversation starter on Martin’s part.)

As a representative of a loosely organized Neighborhood Watch program, who should have known better, he failed to observe and report and leave it to the police to deal with the matter.

(Observing and reporting was exactly what he was doing even at the suggestion of the police dispatcher. Once the dispatcher requested, not ordered, that he not follow Martin anymore then Zimmerman said O.K. and was returning to his truck.)

(From the time that Martin ran up the sidewalk and disappeared to the right at the “T” until the fight started 4 minutes elapsed. At that point he was about 300 feet from his door and could have reasonably covered that distance in about 20 seconds. If he was unset or fearful that Zimmerman was following him why didn’t he take that opportunity to go home and to safety. Why did he turn around, return to the “T” and confront Zimmerman as he was on his way back to his truck.)

(Do you think he wanted to trade some community gossip or do you think he wanted to teach that “Crazy A66 Cracker” a thing or two about eyeballing a brother when he’s out for a leisurely walk.)

July 13, 2013 at 2:37 p.m.

Zimmerman doesn't deserve to serve any time. Why should he? It will just cost the taxpayers money, and he'll just take up space that could be used for the next thug wannabe, like darling little Trayvon. Zimmerman is no criminal and Martin clearly brought it on himself. Give the "white hispanic" a break.

July 13, 2013 at 3:04 p.m.

Black thugs, and black morons who loot at the drop of hat deserve as much criticism as can be tossed their way, just like hispanic thugs and hispanic morons who loot do, and white, and chinese, and so, and so on. There are budding little Trayvons everywhere who are being coddled and told they're geniuses, and told they're entitled all over this country.

July 13, 2013 at 3:09 p.m.
GameOn said...

We may never know whole the truth regarding this case.

An employee of the Florida State Attorney's Office who testified that prosecutors withheld evidence from George Zimmerman's defense team has been fired.

Excerpt: Kruidbos testified before Zimmerman's trial began that Martin's cell phone contained images of Martin blowing smoke, images of marijuana and deleted text messages regarding a transaction for a firearm and that those images had not been given to Zimmerman's defense team.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-it-firing/index.html

July 13, 2013 at 3:13 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Ted Cruz Introduces Bill To Defund Obamacare. Medal of Freedom for Ted.

July 13, 2013 at 3:48 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

GameOn said...

We may never know whole the truth regarding this case.

An employee of the Florida State Attorney's Office who testified that prosecutors withheld evidence from George Zimmerman's defense team has been fired.

Excerpt: Kruidbos testified before Zimmerman's trial began that Martin's cell phone contained images of Martin blowing smoke, images of marijuana and deleted text messages regarding a transaction for a firearm and that those images had not been given to Zimmerman's defense team.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-it-firing/index.html


Nothing more than the conduct you find in a political show trial. Hopefully the whistle-blower will take several 100's of thousand dollars of state tax money for the voters allowing such low grade employees hold positions representing them.

July 13, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said ...

Regardless of what Trayvon did in his past, prior to that night, on that night he being was a model citizen, who only stepped out to get a drink and a bag of Skittles.

(You have no way of knowing what Martin’s intentions were besides possibly collecting the ingredients to one of his favorite recreational drugs (purple drank ... anyone?). You have no way of knowing what he would have engaged in had he not became aware that someone was watching him)

Had George Zimmerman stayed in his pickup truck and not attempted to follow Trayvon, which was what he was supposed to do, the two of them would have never met face to face.

(The police dispatcher kept questioning him as to Martins location and actions so how could he provide that without following. Only when the dispatcher realized that Zimmerman was on foot and following did he request that he not do that and Zimmerman answered in the affirmative. Did the dispatcher say that out of some sense that he could be liable for encouraging Zimmerman to follow and then realizing he was on foot and could be injured? Maybe Zimmerman has a good liability case against the state for his injuries)

Zimmerman was well within his right to be armed that night. But had he not had that gun on him, would he have handled the situation any differently?

(How did he handle the situation that was wrong? He was well within his rights to be where he was and doing what he was doing.)

That gun gave him, "a soft and fat man who couldn't fight," a false sense of bravado.

(Maybe realizing his physical limitations he rightfully saw it as an equalizer.)

Rather than to take a butt whoopin' for his errors in judgment

(What did he do that justified receiving a physical beating?)

he shot a 17 year old to death.

(In my opinion rightfully so)

I believe that those six women will come to a unanimous decision and they will judge George Zimmerman guilty of manslaughter.

(Knowing the political and social pressures they must be feeling I can see them providing the politically correct verdict. In a way to shield themselves from the anticipated public beat-down they will receive from the race baiters and the MSM if they rule not guilty.)

July 13, 2013 at 4:22 p.m.
fairmon said...

PlainTruth said...

Ted Cruz Introduces Bill To Defund Obamacare. Medal of Freedom for Ted.

GOOD...But did he include an alternative?

July 13, 2013 at 4:22 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

DNK

July 13, 2013 at 4:25 p.m.
fairmon said...

Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms" Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Nothing the dingbats from CA, Feinstein, Boxer, Waters, Prlosi say surprises me.

July 13, 2013 at 4:42 p.m.
klifnotes said...

degage said: Klifnotes,I checked out the Dooley case and I do believe he should have been allowed to put a self defense defense on. The judge did not allow it and that was a bad call. I know nothing of this case except what I just read,

That's why I decided to enlighten you. The outcome has always been very different when a black or even a Hispanic/latino shoot and injure or even kill a white then try to claim self-defense or use the SYG law if the state has one.


degage said: is that your contention since Dooley was Black and James was white? Must be the media didn't think it was worthy of reporting like the Zimmerman case. I see where you are coming from and I don't disagree with you.

Yes! I was referring to your response to Alprova below, when you brought up the subject if the tables were turned. I've seen those type comments quite a lot from those looking to support Zman's actions.

degage said: ""Tell me Al, Had it been Zimmerman laying dead and Trayvon was the person that commited the act, would you have heard anything about it and would there have been such an outcry?"

The outcry did not come about because of what Zman did, as much as what Sanford police failed to do and then tried to do over forty (?) days later. They failed to properly investigate the killing and attempted to close the case with no charges being filed, based on Zman's word alone. No doubt, if their approach had been successful, Zman would have likely been out and about casing, stalking, chasing, engaging and shooting his next victim. Who knows where it all may have escalated to if there wasn't an outcry that gained national and international attention? How many other Zman's have been successful based on their words alone. And of course their friendship with some local police agency In some city or town?

July 13, 2013 at 4:59 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

klifnotes said...

And according to Gov. Jeb Bush who signed the Bill into law and State Republican Rep. Dennis Baxley, who helped write and co-sponsored the SYG Bill you're wrong in your mis-interpretation of the law. That's also why Zimmerman's lawyers decided against using the SYG law because they know it would have backfired.

(Zimmerman’s lawyers did not ask for a dismissal on the SYG law as they knew this was going to trial for political reasons no matter what. However they did use it during the defense in court)

Here's what Florida Republican State Rep. Dennis Baxley had to say back on March 2012 about the SYG when Zimmerman's defense were talking about using the law:

excerpt/npr org:

"State Rep. Dennis Baxley (R-Fla.) co-sponsored the law and says it does not appear to be applicable to that case.".-speaking on the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case.

"BAXLEY: Well, simply because if you carefully read the statute, which most of the critics have not, and read the legislative analysis, there's nothing in this statute that authorizes you to pursue or confront other people. If anything, this law would have protected the victim (Martin) in this caSe."

(With apologies to Mr. Baxley who has degrees in Sociology, Psychology, and Funeral Service but not the law. How many times does the law have to be quoted for it to get through some peoples thick skulls?)

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification (Stand Your Ground - Jt) described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

So what has happened is, all these eager-little-trigger-happy-beavers who were just anticipating the chance to go out and bag their first kill jumped the gun without fully understanding and comprehending what the law really states.

(I don’t know if any beavers know the law but I do know you don’t)

That's why so many are praying Zman is found not guilty. They're anticipating what it will decide for them in future similar situation. If he's found not-guilty they can use this trial as a defense for themselves. If he's found guilty as homemade-sin then they'll have to go back to the drawing board.

(No. How this trial turns out should not inform anyone as to how one they are involved in one will turn out as they are all different)

July 13, 2013 at 5:43 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

klifnotes said...

Another wrongful interpretation of Stand Your Ground laws in many states is what happened in Texas. When Raul Rodriguez shot and killed his neighbor, after confronting the neighbor over a loud party. He was so sure Texas Stand Your Ground Law would protect him that he was actually dumb enough to film the encounter to use as his defense if he was charged. Guess what? Rodriguez, a retired firefighter, got charged and was convicted of murdering his neighbor Kelly Danaher, an elementary school-teacher. It was Rodriguez own filming of the tragedy that got him arrested and convicted of murder.

(Let’s see if we can make this mess out to be something worth while. It was in Texas with a different law, he filmed the encounter stating he was expecting a deadly encounter, the video did not show he was in fear of great bodily harm or death, he had a history of these confrontations. Yes it was just like the Zimmerman case)

July 13, 2013 at 5:45 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

klifnotes said...

rick1 said... klfnotes, please back up what you posted at 8:50am

Why? Don't you know how to use your search engines to get a more rounded view? You certainly use them as rebuttals in an attempt to prove opposing sides wrong.

(It’s always delightful for a poster that can’t provide back for their claims to resort to the old tired ploy of “Don't you know how to use your search engines”. It’s a sure sign you can stick a fork in them)

But here's one: I personally know someone who was assaulted on their job immediately after the O.J. Simpson verdict of not guilty was read.

(Well now! That proves something ... just not sure what except you have nothing left)

July 13, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

If Zimmerman gets jail time it will be because the jury is afraid if they don't give it to him all hell will break loose and black will riot, attack whites and loot. They may not say so, of course, but I don't believe for one second that they're not intimidated by black violence. The media will be completely responsible for any deaths and damage from any rioting. They made into the monster that it is. "white hispanic", what a bunch of garbage.

July 13, 2013 at 6:13 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

klifnotes said...

Is that why for some mysterious reason you'll find most pedophiles, child molesters moving to the state of Florida? They can abduct, molest, rape their victims and kill them then declareUrrrr Unnnnaarrrr, I admit to casing, stalking, chasing down, and kidnapping my victim. HowEV-AH, I only intended to rape, molest my victim. It's their OWN fault I had to kill them. U see, they decided to resist and put up a fight, causing me to FEAR FOR MY LIFE.___WOW! OK....now that explains it. Something must be in that Florida wattah. Sick nation. Really Really sick*** seriously.


I think your last sentence covered it very well.

“Really Really sick*** seriously.”

Oh. I’m sorry you thought I was referring to someone other than you ... didn’t you?

July 13, 2013 at 6:14 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "I never told you I'm white. Just because my views are different then yours doesn't mean I can't be Hispanic, Asian, Native American Indian, or African American."

If you were anything other than a lily white Caucasian, you would have cited it the second anyone accused you of being something you were not. You're white and you know it.

"To think otherwise shows you are a bigot."

The extent of any bigotry that I harbor is to be ashamed of those who are self-motivated to express their not very well hidden racial bigotry. Generalized comments that include the words, "thugs," "welfare Queens," "race-baiting," or any connotation that is attributed to stereotypical racial culture that differs from their own, is a fantastic tip that those who use such phrases are indeed racial bigots.

"People who are White, Hispanic, African American, Native American, Asian can have views that are different from yours and still be objective when it comes to issues surrounding those of another race."

Many of you, including yourself, have brought up race every single time you express your "objective" views. Go back and read my posts and see if my arguments include the reference to the race of either one of them.

"To think other wise shows you are a bigot."

Clearly, you are misinformed to the definition of a bigot, which is completely understandable, as you are a shining example of one.

Just because someone has different views then yours doesn't

July 13, 2013 at 6:45 p.m.
alprova said...

PT wrote: "So ALPO, are you a CPA?"

I have been a continuously licensed CPA since 1983.

You have expressed that you have doubts that I am. Your doubts are inconsequential.

You'll never know for sure. For the last time; believe whatever you wish.

July 13, 2013 at 6:50 p.m.
alprova said...

"It is your business. Why do you put up with it?"

I normally don't. However, myself and my employees have been keeping score of the times it has been uttered just to see how many people utter the word.

I'll post a digest of the results soon.

July 13, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth wrote: "has Obama ever submitted a budget?"

Every single year since he has been President.

July 13, 2013 at 6:57 p.m.
alprova said...

PT wrote: "If police want to prevent a riot after Zimmerman trial, hold a Job Fair. That ought to scare off any potential rioters"

Congratulations!!

You just offered an utterly racially motivated and bigoted comment, believing it to be funny.

Before you protest, ask yourself if you would dare offer such a comment orally and in person in a room full of black people.

July 13, 2013 at 7:04 p.m.
jesse said...

Heres an interesting take on the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial! AND THIS ain't from a right side wing nut!!

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/dershowitz-zimmerman-trayvon-martin/2013/07/12/id/514847

July 13, 2013 at 7:06 p.m.
alprova said...

PT wrote: "Ted Cruz Introduces Bill To Defund Obamacare. Medal of Freedom for Ted."

What do you care if ObamaCare is funded or not?

Aren't you a Medicare recipient?

The Republicans have been trying to defund that for a few years now and if they are successful, what will you do?

Keep on cheering. Sooner or later you're gonna cheer yourself broke.

July 13, 2013 at 7:10 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

George Zimmerman offered one of the most reckless of comments that he ever could have uttered, when speaking with Sean Hannity on July 18, 2013.

"I feel that it was all God's plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it..." He seemed to be lost in thought when he said that.

"I do wish that there was something, anything I could have done that would have put me in the position that I wouldn't have to take his life."

"I'm sorry that this happened. I hate to think that because of this incident, because of my actions, that it's polarized and divided America."

(Other than the statement about God’s plan, which could be uttered by the vast majority of religious people, how is the main part of this quote in anyway reckless. The last two sentences are nothing if not reflections of his sorrow and regret for what he had to do that was so terrible but justified, within his own mind, to save his life.)

The fact is, George Zimmerman COULD most definitely have done "something, anything" different that would have resulted in him not having taken Trayvon Martin's life that night.

(Could-a ... Should-a .... Would-a ... but nothing that a reasonable person in that situation would not have done. Have you ever witnessed a very drunk driver and you called 911 to have the police intercept him/her before they kill someone. You follow them at a distance so you can tell the dispatcher the location and possibly the car tag number. I have and know of many people that have as well.)

(However let’s suppose no one is around, it’s very dark and rainy the drunk realized what you were up to and turned on you and somehow trapped you. If they attacked you, what extent would you resort to if you thought they were about to kill you. Would you kick and punch at them, would you grab for anything you could get you hands on to defend yourself. Would you kill them if you had to?)

(The police arrive and they find out that the person was not drunk or on drugs but was possibly distracted by something in the car that made them weave as if they were drunk. That they just were engaged in road rage due to you following them. What do you do then?)

July 13, 2013 at 7:18 p.m.
alprova said...

jesse wrote: "Heres an interesting take on the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial! AND THIS ain't from a right side wing nut!!"

Newsmax not a right-wing site? Good Grief!!

That site and its founders, have been trying to nail the Clinton's and Obama for anything and everything.

Newsmax has been caught so many times with their pants down around their ankles reporting falsehoods, not to mention hosting conspiracy theories of any and all description, that it is a complete waste of time to consider one printed word that comes from that site.

July 13, 2013 at 7:19 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said ...

He screwed up. He left his vehicle. He most definitely began following Trayvon. If anyone stood their ground in defense, it was Trayvon, who was probably scared and fearful as to why Zimmerman was following him, because he had no idea why Zimmerman was doing so.

(They were both well within their rights to stand on the ground they occupied. However Zimmerman actually stood on his but Martin lashed out from his and smashed in Zimmerman’s face. At that point Martin gave up his right to stand his ground unless Zimmerman took the violence to a higher level which he never did until he had to shoot Martin to end his criminal assault. When Zimmerman shot Martin then he could have justifiably returned fire but he had started an escalation of violence that he could not deal with and live.)

Was he about to be robbed? (Trayvon had $40 in his pocket) Was he about to be raped? (It does happen to guys) "There's this creepy-ass cracker following me"

(He had 4 minutes to cover 300 feet and the safety of home)

George Zimmerman failed not once, but twice to declare his interest in him as a Neighborhood Watchman, even when Trayvon made a point to ask him "You got a problem?"...WHILE ZIMMERMAN WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE POLICE when he was parked by the clubhouse.

(Why is it that the people that are so set on having Zimmerman convicted can’t stick to the facts of the case? Show me where in any evidence that was said while Zimmerman was seated in his car at the clubhouse)

Regardless of the past of either one of those two individuals prior to that night, they should never have been close enough to exchange a word, much less any punches, and certainly not a gunshot.

(Zimmerman never placed himself in a position that he thought he would come face to face with Martin but when Martin returned to the “T” he surely wanted a face to face)

George Zimmerman was 500 feet from his pickup truck where the two of them wound up in the altercation that ended Trayvon Martin's life. 500 feet. There is no justification for that. Observe and report.

(Look at the map of the area it was not 500 feet and if it was why would there be no justification for being in that spot at that time? The dispatcher had repeatedly prompted him to observe and report on Martins location and actions)

"Are you following him?" "Yeah" "Uh...we don't need you to do that..." "Okay" "Sh!t...he's running"

(Again with the manipulation of the facts to try and bolster your viewpoint. That false quote ranks right up there with the MSM editing the tape to make it look like Zimmerman declared Martin was black before the dispatcher prompted him to identify his race. The manipulation of the video to make it appear that Zimmerman had no injuries when he arrived at the police station. The manipulation of the audio to make it appear that Zimmerman said F’ing C**ns to make him appear racist. etc., etc.)

July 13, 2013 at 7:24 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

(Here you go alprova now you don’t have the strawman media source to deflect with.)

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz:

"That is something no prosecutor should be allowed to get away with … to make up a story from whole cloth."

"These prosecutors should be disbarred. They have acted absolutely irresponsibly in an utterly un-American fashion."

"such speculation. How does he (Guy) get into the mind of Zimmerman? He hasn't cross-examined him, he hasn't met him.”

"To ask the jury to believe that is to ask the jury to convict based on complete and utter speculation and that's not the way the law operates."

"[It's] utterly irresponsible. … The idea that the prosecution can try the case on a murder theory and then, at the last minute, substitute manslaughter, even though it seems to be permitted generally under Florida law — it's a big mistake to allow it in a case like this.”

"And then the very idea of even suggesting child abuse in a case like this is so irresponsible."

"He (O'Mara) did the right thing by being methodical and factual because this is a case where the prosecution's case is all emotion and the defense case is all factual," the famed civil-rights lawyer said.

"Emotionally, obviously everybody can identify with a young, unarmed 17-year-old who ends up dead, and emotionally, as President [Barack] Obama said, he's all of our children."

"Nobody knows who started the initial physical encounter, who threw the first blow — and if you don't know that you have to have a reasonable doubt."

"Nobody knows for sure who screamed, 'Help me, help me.' You have to have a reasonable doubt about that. Nobody knows for sure who was on top and who was on bottom, though the overwhelming forensic evidence suggests that Zimmerman was on the bottom having his head banged by a younger, stronger man. You have to have reasonable doubt there."

July 13, 2013 at 7:32 p.m.
jesse said...

Al,do you think the author of the piece is a right winger? THAT'S what i was referring to!

July 13, 2013 at 8 p.m.
klifnotes said...

jesse said... Heres an interesting take on the prosecutors in the Zimmerman trial! AND THIS ain't from a right side wing nut!! http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/dershowitz-zimmerman-trayvon-martin/2013/07/12/id/514847


(Alan Dershowitz)? __ It's a brotherhood thang that has nothing to do with Zman chasing down, confronting, engaging, shooting and killing an innocent teenager. So Dershowitz wants the prosecutors charged with prosecutorial misconduct for doing and saying what prosecutors do in cases? Fight for the individual who no longer has a voice to tell his/her side of the story? You wouldn't understand the motive behind it all. Dershowitz has come out swinging in favor of Zman every since he realized ........... OH! Never mind.

Dershowitz has been disappointing on this, but from a historical point I can understand why he took such a position on the issue.

July 13, 2013 at 8:01 p.m.
degage said...

JT, I do know why klifnotes can't post the links. Like myself , even tho Al has tried to tell me how to post a link, I always mess it up. Old age brain fart. Give her a break. I do thank Al for trying to help me but I just don't get it even tho I keep trying. We know how to find things but just can get it into this forum from the link. Please forgive. Opps just realized she did post the link sorry klif.

July 13, 2013 at 8:21 p.m.
alprova said...

jesse wrote: "Al,do you think the author of the piece is a right winger? THAT'S what i was referring to!"

I don't trust anything hosted on Newsmax....period.

Alan Dershowitz is a long time quite liberal defense lawyer. He was part of OJ Simpson's defense team at his murder trial. He defended Jeffrey Epstein, who plead guilty to one count of child prostitution and has settled 17 lawsuits for child prostitution out of court.

That aside, his assertions are just like everyone else's in this case. He's made a career out of arguing with prosecutors and opining on them.

George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. There is no debate about that. He's admitted it.

The minute that George Zimmerman got out of his pickup truck to pursue Trayvon Martin, for a distance of 500 feet from that truck, he became a party to an act of aggressive behavior that put him in proximity of an encounter that he could not control.

Rather than to allow the police to deal with this suspicious person, he took it completely upon himself and against advice from the proper authorities to pursue him.

He most likely thought that gun tucked inside his pants would protect him.

When he lost control of whatever went down between the two of them, he pulled out that gun and shot Trayvon Martin.

Want to know why I consider the story George Zimmerman's lawyers have spun in court to be false?

Spend an hour and listen to the evidence that you have not heard in court;

July 13, 2013 at 9:16 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

So now ALPO thinks Harvard man Alan Dershowitz is a bigot. That's funny.

July 13, 2013 at 9:33 p.m.
rick1 said...

Zimmerman NOT GUILTY.

July 13, 2013 at 10:04 p.m.
alprova said...

PT wrote: "So now ALPO thinks Harvard man Alan Dershowitz is a bigot. That's funny."

You really need to learn how to comprehend what you read.

I made no such assertion.

July 13, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.
alprova said...

Okay, the jury has spoken.

Zimmerman will live for the rest of his life with whatever happened that night. His life will henceforth be very rough.

If the man is guilty of anything other than self-defense, God will deal with him when the time comes.

July 13, 2013 at 10:17 p.m.
facyspacy said...

The jury did their job.... Nice argument, alprova... You al proved nothing in your mindless paragraphs trying to convince people you understand Florida law or due process.

July 13, 2013 at 10:19 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, the jury has spoken and you kept saying Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter. The big difference was the jury made their decision based on the evidence that was presented to them by the prosecutor and the defense, not on what was spoon fed to you by the liberal media.

July 13, 2013 at 10:27 p.m.
klifnotes said...

rick1 said... Zimmerman NOT GUILTY.


Being found Not Guilty doesn't necessarily = innocent. Now, they'll certainly be a repeal and the guilty verdict likely thrown out to the Dooley vs Thomas and the State of Florida case.

I agree with Alprova's July 13, 2013 post, posted @ 10:17 p.m.

July 13, 2013 at 10:30 p.m.
klifnotes said...

rick1 said... Al, the jury has spoken and you kept saying Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter.

Just because the jury found Zman not guilty of manslaughter doesn't make him innocent.


rick1 said: The big difference was the jury made their decision based on the evidence

You don't really believe that, now do you?

July 13, 2013 at 10:32 p.m.
alprova said...

I never pretended to make any contrast of my beliefs to any applicable law, in Florida or elsewhere.

I will forever believe that George Zimmerman got away with murder.

I base it on evidence that may or may not have been presented in court. I was not able to watch every minute of the trial.

I fully believe that Zimmerman lied numerous times when interviewed by the Sanford police and when interviewed by State investigators.

Have a listen to the YouTube piece I posted. It's an hour of evidence that came from George Zimmerman's own lips, and he contradicts himself repeatedly.

Hey...he won. He is a free man. My predictions were incorrect.

That in no manner translates into any fact that George Zimmerman was innocent. That is now between him and God, and God knows the truth, whatever it is.

July 13, 2013 at 10:35 p.m.
rick1 said...

klifnotes posted "Being found Not Guilty doesn't necessarily = innocent"

I bet you didn't say that when OJ was found not guilty.

You didn't give a damn or even know who Dooley was in 2011 when the incident occurred with Dooley? Where were you and the rest of the liberals at that time. His name and case did not come up until it was convenient to use in the Zimmerman/Martin case.

July 13, 2013 at 10:37 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, the jury has spoken and you kept saying Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter."

And I STILL believe it. But, it's over. He's free. I wish him nothing but the best for the rest of his life.

What would any of you bet that he is on his way out of the state of Florida this very minute?

"The big difference was the jury made their decision based on the evidence that was presented to them by the prosecutor and the defense, not on what was spoon fed to you by the liberal media."

I have in no manner based so much as one of my beliefs surrounding what happened that night on what has been reported in the media.

July 13, 2013 at 10:39 p.m.
jesse said...

Al, WHAT did you base it on??

July 13, 2013 at 10:46 p.m.

Bring on the riots! Not guilty, as it should be.

July 13, 2013 at 10:54 p.m.
rick1 said...

Jesse, I guess he got it from the website he posted at 9:15pm. It was so creditable it wasn't allowed in court.

July 13, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.
klifnotes said...

rick1 said... klifnotes posted "Being found Not Guilty doesn't necessarily = innocent" I bet you didn't say that when OJ was found not guilty.

Actually, I did say the exact same thing when OJ was found not guilty.


rick1 said: You didn't give a damn or even know who Dooley was in 2011 when the incident occurred with Dooley?

Wrong again. I was aware of the Dooley case from the very beginning.


rick1 said: Where were you and the rest of the liberals at that time. His name and case did not come up until it was convenient to use in the Zimmerman/Martin case

Three strikes, you're out, rick1. But keep trying.

I've been aware and predicted these tragedies since 2005 when Gov. Jeb Bush signed the SYG Bill into law in Florida and many other states proceeded to follow with their own version of the law. I said it then and every since, the law is evil, diabolical and SINISTER and would result in many innocent lives lost, families and communities raped, ravished, ripped, forever divided and torn. The damage would be beyond repair and mass collateral damage strewn from one end of this nation to the other in ways no one could possibly imagine. This nation would be affected by it for perhaps years, decades and even a century or more. Nothing good has or will come of such a law.

July 13, 2013 at 11:01 p.m.
hotdiggity said...

Can't wait to see Zimmerman hit the media circuit. Whoops, that's right, he already did. I'm sure Hannity will welcome him back.

I'm sure some of our pious christian posters will agree with the verdict as being "all God's plan" a la George Zimmerman.

July 13, 2013 at 11:03 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

No matter how you feel about this case, George Zimmerman is responsible for fewer deaths than Al Sharpton.

July 13, 2013 at 11:07 p.m.
alprova said...

jesse wrote: "Al, WHAT did you base it on??"

Take an hour, when you have the chance, to listen to the YouTube presentation I posted @ 9:16 pm.

If you have any doubt at the end of that presentation that George Zimmerman did not embellish and/or that he did not change his story several times, you are not the least bit interested in entertaining the probability that he got away with murder.

It's not the first time that someone has gotten away with murder, and I'm sure it won't be the last time either.

The one thing I think we can all agree on is that none of us would like to be in George Zimmerman's shoes. The carefree life that he may have had prior to that fateful night is over.

July 13, 2013 at 11:09 p.m.
fairmon said...

The media has taken advantage of a tragic situation with no regard for any of those involved. The media is complicit in creating any turmoil that may result.

July 13, 2013 at 11:16 p.m.
klifnotes said...

btw--a poster on another discussion forum has already implied or out right suggested they believe the Zimmerman verdict would protect them in future similar situations.

Criminals in Florida have already used Florida's SYG law when they're battling it out with one another using their guns and some innocent person, even children, have been gravely wounded and even killed in the crossfire.

July 13, 2013 at 11:17 p.m.

How laughable, murder. Yeah, George Zimmerman is and Ted Kennedy wasn't?

July 13, 2013 at 11:20 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

So Kliffie: You think the jury is what, stupid, racist, what?

July 13, 2013 at 11:21 p.m.
klifnotes said...

zableedofisterix said... How laughable, murder. Yeah, George Zimmerman is and Ted Kennedy wasn't?

Ted Kennedy didn't case, stalk, chase down, confront then shoot and killed anyone. He just failed to render aid or call for help when he should have. That's not murder.

July 13, 2013 at 11:23 p.m.
rick1 said...

klifnotes posted "Wrong again. I was aware of the Dooley case from the very beginning."

If you have been on it from the beginning but you could not even post the correct case number in your post from 8:50am today. You posted Dooley vs state case No. 98-1414 which was for Kelly Dooley not Trevor Dooley.

Here is the link http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-district-court-of-appeal/1407942.html

You made the comment "white adults went into a rampage all over this country, even locally, attacking blacks after the O.J. Simpson acquittal."

You have refused to provide a single link to support your claim and then you said you knew someone but gave no details.

Your full of crap and have no creditability.

July 13, 2013 at 11:24 p.m.

Why the focus on the "white hispanic"? The real question is why does the Obama butt kissing media downplay the shocking number of black teens killed in places like Chicago everyday? George Zimmerman is a danger to no one, get over it.

July 13, 2013 at 11:24 p.m.
klifnotes said...

rick1 said: If you have been on it from the beginning but you could not even post the correct case number in your post from 8:50am today. You posted Dooley vs state case No. 98-1414 which was for Kelly Dooley not Trevor Dooley.

That doesn't mean I haven't been aware of the case from the very beginning. You're really desperate, aren't you?

July 13, 2013 at 11:27 p.m.
klifnotes said...

zableedofisterix said... Why the focus on the "white hispanic"?

Because there actually are WHITE HISPANICS, just like there are brown and even darker Hispanics.


  • The real question is why does the Obama butt kissing media downplay the shocking number of black teens killed in places like Chicago everyday? George Zimmerman is a danger to no one, get over it.*

So you're suggesting that if someone throws a brick through a neighborhors' window it's justified if everyone picks up bricks and proceed to go about bursting out neighborhood windows?

July 13, 2013 at 11:32 p.m.
alprova said...

rock1 wrote: "Jesse, I guess he got it from the website he posted at 9:15pm. It was so creditable it wasn't allowed in court."

Clearly, you didn't listen to it.

Most of it was police interviews with the man himself. There were interviews of witnesses.

The one glaring contradiction that sealed in my mind that Zimmerman lied was his assertion the Trayvon attempted to smother him just before Zimmerman shot him.

He claimed that Trayvon held his hands over his mouth and his nose just before he shot him. That never happened. The forensic evidence proves it.

Not a trace of blood or DNA was found on Trayvon's inner hands, and a small amount was found on one knuckle on the outside of his hand.

Blood was pouring down Zimmerman's face. Zimmerman claimed that Trayvon struck him several times. No bruising.

The only evidence of contact with Trayvon's hands was that one small amount of blood on one knuckle.

Trayvon's hands were up under his chest when he died.

Where was the blood that should have been all over Trayvon's inner or outer hands, had he attempted to smother Zimmerman?

He lied about Trayvon going for his gun. Not a shred of forensic evidence to back that up that claim either.

Trayvon died and Zimmerman lied.

He's a free man. May God have mercy on his soul.

July 13, 2013 at 11:33 p.m.
klifnotes said...

PlainTruth said... So Kliffie: You think the jury is what, stupid, racist, what?

What I think of jurors is irrelevant. Jurors come with their own baggage and belief system. Their decisions aren't necessarily always based on the evidence, but perception of both the accused and the victim and even personal likes and dislikes and impressions. How else could Casey Anthony be found not guilty?

July 13, 2013 at 11:36 p.m.

"white hispanic" was an attempt to turn this into a racial thing. Race had nothing to do with this, despite the efforts of the liberal media.

How are you getting that from what I wrote?

The media is desperate for white vs black stuff. They're irresponsible. The biggest danger to black teens are other black teens.

July 13, 2013 at 11:36 p.m.
klifnotes said...

g'night peeps.

July 13, 2013 at 11:37 p.m.
rick1 said...

Obama and Company which includes the media went after Zimmerman because they at first thought he was white and they were going to stir up the racial flames because of the election. Then, when they found out Zimmerman was Hispanic they called him a white Hispanic and lets not forget the 911 tape NBC altered to make it look like Zimmerman was profiling Martin because he was black.

Then you had the State Attorney from Jacksonville who was up for re-election just like Nifong who was the DA in the Duke Lacrosse case and she filed a 2nd degree murder charge against Zimmerman that was very very weak. Top that off with a liberal judge who was doing her best to help the prosecution in every way she could.

Thank God the jury looked at the evidence and was not intimated by the reports there will be riots if Zimmerman is acquitted. The jury did their job.

Of course you get people like Klifnotes who think the jury found Zimmerman not guilty because Martin was black and yet there was a black on the jury. Always playing the race card when they don't get their way.

July 13, 2013 at 11:38 p.m.
alprova said...

ricxk1 wrote: "If you have been on it from the beginning but you could not even post the correct case number in your post from 8:50am today. You posted Dooley vs state case No. 98-1414 which was for Kelly Dooley not Trevor Dooley."

So he Googled the wrong case when attempting to look up a link to it for posting purposes. He clearly knew about the case in question. He was the first one to bring it up.

July 13, 2013 at 11:40 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, how do you know what they did and what they know? That is your problem you think you everything just like you knew Zimmerman was going to be found guilty of manslaughter.

July 13, 2013 at 11:42 p.m.
rick1 said...

If it wasn't admitted into court Al, it doesn't matter what was on the tapes.

July 13, 2013 at 11:44 p.m.
facyspacy said...

Yep, keep yapping that trap. There wasn't enough evidence to get any conviction. You're a free man, may god have mercy on your soul

July 13, 2013 at 11:47 p.m.
rick1 said...

Klifnotes it appears you are the one who is desperate to take attention away from the fact you can not provide sources to back up your claim that there were "white adults went into a rampage all over this country, even locally, attacking blacks after the O.J. Simpson acquittal."

July 13, 2013 at 11:49 p.m.
rick1 said...

zableedofisterix, Kilfnotes is a race baiter and has also proven she is a liar.

July 13, 2013 at 11:52 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, how do you know what they did and what they know?"

For Pete's sake. The forensic evidence was fully disclosed in court. On the piece I posted, Zimmerman told the investigating cops that Trayvon tried to smother him just before he shot him.

It never happened.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the lies that were told by Zimmerman. But that's neither here nor there anymore. He got away with murder. He can never be tried again for the events of that night, until that is, when he meets with God.

"That is your problem you think you everything just like you knew Zimmerman was going to be found guilty of manslaughter."

You're not going to listen to the evidence, are you? You're going to sit there and attack me personally, because you're not interested in knowing the truth.

Zimmerman is your hero because he rid the world of a "thug," right?

July 13, 2013 at 11:53 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, I was talking about your post 11:40pm where you were trying to defend kilfnotes.

So I will post the question again: Al, how do you know what they did and what they know?"

Zimmerman is not my hero but we do have a judicial system in this country and the jury can only listen to the evidence that is presented to them. People may not like the verdict but that is the decision they came up with based on the evidence that the judge allowed into the trial. So it does not matter what was not allowed in just like there was evidence that the defense tried to get in that was not allowed.

The jury found him not guilty like it or not but that is our system. And I will say to you what you have said many times in this form. If you don't like it then get it changed.

July 13, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "If it wasn't admitted into court Al, it doesn't matter what was on the tapes."

What is on those tapes is EXACTLY why George Zimmerman did not take the stand. He would have been decimated by the prosecution.

I'm sorry that you would rather argue with me than to take the time to learn the absolute truth to the lies that George Zimmerman told the authorities about what happened that night.

George Zimmerman has to live with it for the rest of his life.

My conscience is crystal clear.

July 14, 2013 at 12:03 a.m.
rick1 said...

Al, Zimmerman is not required to take the stand and most defendants don't on the advice of their attorney. The State is the one who has to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt and the jury can not take into account that the defendant did not take the stand.

Al, you appear to be a smart man and I know emotions are running high on both sides right now, you can not hold it against Zimmerman because he did not take the stand, and those tapes must have had some prejudicial bias in them that judge who was very favorable to the prosecution did not allow them into the trial.

My conscience is crystal clear as well.

July 14, 2013 at 12:15 a.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, I was talking about your post 11:40pm where you were trying to defend kilfnotes."

Um...okay.

"So I will post the question again: Al, how do you know what they did and what they know?"..."

If this is about the incorrect link, I don't get the question.

He referred to the wrong case, but he got the name right and he wrote a little about it. That indicates to me that he knew about the case, but when he looked for a link to it, he picked the wrong case.

It was a simple goof.

"Zimmerman is not my hero but we do have a judicial system in this country and the jury can only listen to the evidence that is presented to them."

Agreed.

"People may not like the verdict but that is the decision they came up with based on the evidence that the judge allowed into the trial."

Agreed again.

"So it does not matter what was not allowed in just like there was evidence that the defense tried to get in that was not allowed."

If George Zimmerman had testified, the evidence on those interview recordings that I posted would have been introduced and used against him. It would have destroyed his claim of self-defense.

You really owe it to yourself to spend an hour listening to it.

"The jury found him not guilty like it or not but that is our system."

And I accept it. That does not mean that I will ever consider George Zimmerman innocent of murder.

After tonight, my life will go on, despite my disappointment in justice being done.

Tomorrow, we will have a new subject to discuss.

"And I will say to you what you have said many times in this form. If you don't like it then get it changed."

I'm more concerned with someone being convicted of a crime they did NOT commit. I am good friends with two such people who have been convicted of crimes that they absolutely did not commit.

July 14, 2013 at 12:20 a.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, Zimmerman is not required to take the stand and most defendants don't on the advice of their attorney."

I'm well aware of that. Given the evidence that was not introduced in court, the most stupid decision that could have ever been made would to have allowed him to testify.

"The State is the one who has to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt and the jury can not take into account that the defendant did not take the stand."

I'm well aware of all that you have typewritten, but in this case, justice was not done.

"Al, you appear to be a smart man and I know emotions are running high on both sides right now, you can not hold it against Zimmerman because he did not take the stand, and those tapes must have had some prejudicial bias in them that judge who was very favorable to the prosecution did not allow them into the trial."

Go listen to it. PLEASE!! It's George Zimmerman's own words. It's his own voice. The recordings could not be introduced because George Zimmerman did not take the stand in his own defense.

"My conscience is crystal clear as well."

No offense, but unless you are willing to listen to those recordings, your conscience is bathed in pure ignorance.

July 14, 2013 at 12:32 a.m.
rick1 said...

Al, since the tape is an hour long I will listen to it tomorrow. To say my conscience is bathed in pure ignorance if I do not listen to the recordings is a irresponsible comment for you to make.

July 14, 2013 at 12:45 a.m.

Rick, there seems to be a lot of race baiters on here.

Zimmerman is not a murderer, and the jury weighed the evidence and decided he wasn't.

The absolutely insane obsession regarding this case has its roots in the slavish devotion to Obama by the media and Hollywood. It's a distraction. This has nothing to do with race.

"Black leaders" are nothing but a bunch of irresponsible, howling buffoons who would like nothing better than to see the black community up in arms and rally around this non- issue. The "black community" should address it's own self-destructive behavior. Black teens killing black teens is the real issue. George Zimmerman has absolutely no impact on their lives and this ruling has nothing to do with race. Trayvon Martin brought it on himself.

July 14, 2013 at 11:56 a.m.
limric said...

Was justice served?

The jury appeared to have taken its duty seriously, and reached the only verdict possible with the evidence presented to it.

Many screamed they wanted justice. Zimmerman was arrested, indicted, had a trial before a jury of his peers and was found not guilty. Justice was certainly served the way the judicial system intended; based on facts, not, to quote: [” Could-a ... Should-a .... Would-a”], emotion; and most importantly - not racism.

It would be great to believe because of this acquittal Zimmerman’s problems are over; as they should be. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the justice department decides to charge Zimmerman with violating Martin's civil rights.

In this case there is NO civil rights violation, which has to show bias and many other elements. If Holder does charge Zimmerman with any civil rights violation it would be a travesty of justice; a complete and openly racist decision. And if (and that’s a big if) the DOJ is now planning charge Zimmerman with any civil rights violation, it violates and therefore invalidates (which they do with some regularity) a constitutional Amendment; in this case the 5th.

Considering the hammer and chisel used over the last decade on our other rights – this would probably applauded by the MSM.

July 14, 2013 at 5:01 p.m.
caddy said...

http://topconservativenews.com/2009/01/pregnant-woman-killed-in-brutal-racially-motivated-murder/

Where is Hussein Obama or Al Sharpton when you really need a voice for peace? This is absolutely brutal......

August 2, 2013 at 10:01 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.