published Tuesday, July 16th, 2013

The Verdict

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

130
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
PlainTruth said...

stir it up, toon man

July 16, 2013 at 12:05 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Well, this young man is obviously working and going about his business.

And from what I've read about George Zimmerman--that he volunteered his own time to help young black people, and also to keep an eye on a neighborhood suffering from crime--I suspect a nervous newsfellow could ask GZ to keep an eye on him, and GZ might well do so.

Does this cartoon make for peace? Does it make for correction of something wrong? Does it pour balm on a tragedy? Not that I can see. What would? The grace, including the law, of a somewhat dark-skinned Asian Jew named Jesus. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." The church I'm in now (Holy Innocents Cathedral) includes black and white people; Chattanooga Bible Chapel included Indians (and I was born in Pakistan); of New City Fellowship I call myself a friendly alumnus.

July 16, 2013 at 12:46 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

I would ask the toon boy the purpose of the toon. I realize that politically, the left gets milage out of keeping the racial divide. Other than that, what is the purpose? I'll hang up and listen.

July 16, 2013 at 1:01 a.m.
alprova said...

PT, I would ask you to explain the purpose of your continued protests. You guys should be cheering. The Florida Court that tried George Zimmerman gave every trigger happy moron in many parts of this nation, a license to kill.

I realize that politically, you and other right-wing cheerleaders get mileage out of continuously claiming that there is no such thing as racial bias or inequality when it comes to the prosecution of blacks when accused of a crime, or justice for blacks who are victims of crimes, especially when it comes to those who are victimized by those of another, lighter skinned race.

Only if George Zimmerman had been an illegal immigrant who had shot an American, would some of you have traded sides, if only for a few moments.

But because Trayvon was black, because he has been stereotyped a potential "thug" and because blacks led marches calling for justice to be served, everyone who marched or who has taken sides against George Zimmerman, even if they are Caucasian, has been deemed a "race-baiter."

It makes no matter to some of you that Trayvon was absolutely innocent the night that George Zimmerman profiled him as a probable criminal. It matters not one whit to you that George Zimmerman followed the boy, probably scaring him as badly as anyone of you would have been had you been followed in a similar manner.

All Zimmerman would have had to do was announce himself as a Neighborhood Watchman long before he got within arms reach of Trayvon, and I doubt that whatever happened when they were within arms reach of each other, would have transpired.

We're beyond that now. What happened, happened. Zimmerman sidestepped his own bullet, for now.

A court case that has garnered national attention has set a very dangerous precedent that will surely be cited in the future whenever self-defense is claimed from now on, if deadly force is used to kill anyone.

Black, White, Asian, Native Indian...it does not matter. No longer in states that have altered their self-defense laws, will a defendant who uses deadly force have to prove in a court of law that they did anything to avoid a confrontation that results in the death of their opponent. They do not have to retreat. If they are packing, they can pull a gun and shoot to kill.

Everyone needs to fear the fallout of the George Zimmerman verdict.

You could be the next one to die, and tried in court posthumously for your "aggressive" actions and your intent to do bodily harm to the victor who lived.

July 16, 2013 at 2:21 a.m.
klifnotes said...

AndrewLohr said...
And from what I've read about George Zimmerman--that he volunteered his own time to help young black people,

And Sandusky spent millions mentoring young boys. And segregationist, Strum Thurmond kicked boots and made babies with his underage black maid (likely more than one black maid), but for sure he likely attending a lot of lynching parties too along with believing separate and unequal, except for under the sheets :?

AndrewLohr said...

and also to keep an eye on a neighborhood suffering from crime

Really? Casing, stalking, chasing down and killing an innocent teen you consider keeping an eye on a neighborhood?

If performing good deeds and acts of charity automatically defined one as having integrity, compassion, good character, tolerance of others who are different, look different then Hitler could be nominated for sainthood. Think about it.

July 16, 2013 at 2:33 a.m.
Inland42 said...

No, not everyone needs to fear the fallout from the verdict. The simple fact is, that the eyewitness testimony, and the evidence, including the injuries suffered by Mr. Zimmerman, all backed up his version of events. The myth that Zimmerman was racially profiling, and stalking Martin in order to instigate a confrontation, was destroyed by the truth. That is the only fallout from the case.

And no need to put "aggressive" in quotes. The injuries suffered by Zimmerman were real, and were caused by Martin attacking him first with his fists, causing him to fear for his personal well-being. The judge did not allow Martin's cell phone records,(revealed now by Zimmerman's attorneys) which would have shown that he texted others about "mounting" someone in a fight so they could not fight back, and about breaking their nose to win a fight. He was trying out his fight strategy that night, plain and simple. He should have went home instead of circling back and ambushing Zimmerman.

This was not a case of "gun violence" as the President so thoughtlessly asserted, and nor was it a case of irresponsible gun ownership. Only as a last resort did he use his firearm to possibly save his own life. That type of action is indeed what the law allows, and for good reason.

In general, I think Neighborhood Watches are a good thing, but if neighborhood watchers are now supposed to ignore any and all minorities(youths or adults) in their neighborhood late at night, for fear of being labeled "racist" or "bigoted", then that would essentially render most, if not all neighborhood watches useless.

Oh, and PS, the author of this cartoon should be ashamed of himself for posting such inflammatory rubbish.

July 16, 2013 at 2:48 a.m.
alprova said...

So Andrew is a practicing Orthodox Charismatic Catholic and was born in Pakistan.

That explains the wine bottle in all of his videos and the reason why some of his posts are...a little out there.

July 16, 2013 at 2:50 a.m.
alprova said...

Inland42 wrote: "No, not everyone needs to fear the fallout from the verdict. The simple fact is, that the eyewitness testimony, and the evidence, including the injuries suffered by Mr. Zimmerman, all backed up his version of events."

There were embellishments and inconsistencies that were never aired in court.

"The myth that Zimmerman was racially profiling, and stalking Martin in order to instigate a confrontation, was destroyed by the truth. That is the only fallout from the case."

I specifically avoided using the words "racial profiling." He profiled him as a probable criminal, in complete error.

"And no need to put "aggressive" in quotes. The injuries suffered by Zimmerman were real, and were caused by Martin attacking him first with his fists, causing him to fear for his personal well-being."

I'm betting if the truth were known, Trayvon was shot as he was attempting to get off of Zimmerman.

"The judge did not allow Martin's cell phone records,(revealed now by Zimmerman's attorneys) which would have shown that he texted others about "mounting" someone in a fight so they could not fight back, and about breaking their nose to win a fight."

That is complete hearsay counselor. You have no personal knowledge that any such texts exist in reality or that they were indeed typed by Trayvon.

"He was trying out his fight strategy that night, plain and simple. He should have went home instead of circling back and ambushing Zimmerman."

All that came from the only man alive to tell his side of the story and in the absence of a reliable witness to what EXACTLY went down, he was free to make up just about anything, and he did.

"In general, I think Neighborhood Watches are a good thing, but if neighborhood watchers are now supposed to ignore any and all minority youths in their neighborhood late at night, for fear of being labeled "racist" or "bigoted", then that would essentially render most, if not all neighborhood watches useless."

Observe and report to the proper authorities. That is the expected role of any neighborhood watchman. Following any suspect and carrying firearms is highly discouraged, for the very reason we are discussing what happened to Trayvon.

Race has not a thing to do with it, however, it is very easy to spot a racial bigot. They are likely to moan and groan about anything that draws the attention of a minority grouping resulting in protest.

July 16, 2013 at 3:12 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova I have no idea what either of them was thinking or what really happened but I am sure neither do you. It seems you have formed your own opinion and think there was a miscarriage of justice by the jury. That is possible but I doubt it if they concluded the state did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt they had no choice. Not guilty does not mean innocent so we will never know that answer. What is to be gained by continuing to jaw about this tragic event?

July 16, 2013 at 3:12 a.m.
Inland42 said...

If there were embellishments and inconsistencies that were never aired in court, that is the fault of the prosecution, who knew beforehand they had a high standard of "reasonable doubt" to overcome. They failed. The prosecution over-reached in a huge way because of political pressure and got owned. They should have listened to the experts at the Stanford Police Department and declared it a justifiable homicide. This was a case for the ages to show how malicious prosecution often backfires.

Following anyone you consider suspicious may be discouraged by many, but anyone is free to do so. His neighborhood had been the target of numerous break-ins, so perhaps we need to walk a mile in his shoes before criticizing him for choosing at that spur of the moment to be a more active participant than we might have been in the same situation..

All 50 states now legally recognize some form of personal concealed carry. Neither Zimmerman nor so-called right-wingers invented the concept of justifiable homicide. Zimmerman was not doing anything unethical or unadvisable by carrying a licensed gun in public for his own protection. In fact, it may have saved his life.

Zimmerman didn't make anything up. He waived his miranda rights and talked to police, then his story was corroborated by eyewitness testimony and the evidence. Case closed.

July 16, 2013 at 3:32 a.m.
cheezy123 said...

This toon is shameful, what a new low. Race baiting at it's finest.

July 16, 2013 at 4:32 a.m.
cheezy123 said...

The ONLY racist remark that was a fact was when TM called Zimmerman a creepy A$$ Cracker.

July 16, 2013 at 4:46 a.m.
jesse said...

Inland just nailed it!

The verdict reached was a result of the evidence presented to the jury!

The state failed to make their case and like the juror said "they had no choice!"

July 16, 2013 at 5:52 a.m.
limric said...

While I don't particularly agree with the premise, it's a pretty damn good cartoon. Deride you they may---Clay Your cartoons are biting, And at times quite funny. There is no doubt, You earn your money.

P.S. How does one log out? My log out button is gone.

July 16, 2013 at 6:24 a.m.
delmar said...
July 16, 2013 at 6:37 a.m.
fairmon said...

This cartoon fans the flames of unrest although there was never any evidence of race being the cause of the incident. That may be disappointing to Sharpton, Jackson and others seeking to get back in the spot light for their own selfish and greedy purpose. They have to find or create controversy to maintain their image and to feed their ego and put money in their pockets. Media people like Hannity, Limbaugh and others do the same thing. They will now be exploiting the two families with interviews and surveillance until they find something else to cause controversy. They will interfere with or try to influence the Martin families decision regarding wrongful death litigation.

The need to know? In some countries reporting any criminal or civil charge is prohibited until a decision is made then the charge and results are reported and published.

July 16, 2013 at 6:43 a.m.
conservative said...

The Godless wicked Liberal/Socialist/Demoncrat media failed in their efforts to convict the man, now they want to incite riots all over America in retaliation.

Why? They all ready have black folks firmly ensconced in the Demoncrat party with over 90% of their vote and firmly planted on the government plantation. What else is there to gain? Do they want Marshall Law and overthrow of the government? Or maybe they want places of employment damaged or destroyed. They do hate Capitalism don't they?

July 16, 2013 at 7:42 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Your stereotypes are duly noted, conservative. Too bad they are simply that: stereotypes.

July 16, 2013 at 7:48 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "alprova I have no idea what either of them was thinking or what really happened but I am sure neither do you."

I have my opinion, sure, but we're past the point of what happened.

George Zimmerman benefited a not guilty verdict due to "new and improved" self-defense definitions given to the jury. The jury followed the letter of the law.

"It seems you have formed your own opinion and think there was a miscarriage of justice by the jury."

I don't blame the jury. According to the one jurist who has been interviewed, when they pondered the applicable definitions in those jury instructions, they finally agreed that "stand your ground" was applicable in the case after all.

"Not guilty does not mean innocent so we will never know that answer. What is to be gained by continuing to jaw about this tragic event?"

Nothing will be gained, in that the life lost will forever remain lost, but it has polarized many people and it has revived a national debate about the true definition of self-defense laws.

July 16, 2013 at 8:10 a.m.
alprova said...

Inland42 wrote: "If there were embellishments and inconsistencies that were never aired in court, that is the fault of the prosecution, who knew beforehand they had a high standard of "reasonable doubt" to overcome."

It is impossible to introduce evidence against a defendant who does not take the stand to testify. If you are interested in learning more about the evidence that was never aired in court, I urge you to listen to the recording that I posted a couple of nights ago;

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/jul/13/rebuttal-cartoon-clay-bennett-chattanooga-times/?opinioncartoons#c237162

"They failed. The prosecution over-reached in a huge way because of political pressure and got owned."

You offer that from a very ignorant perspective.

"They should have listened to the experts at the Stanford Police Department and declared it a justifiable homicide. This was a case for the ages to show how malicious prosecution often backfires."

Listen to those recordings and come back and tell me that I am incorrect about Zimmerman's contradictions and embellishments.

"Following anyone you consider suspicious may be discouraged by many, but anyone is free to do so. His neighborhood had been the target of numerous break-ins, so perhaps we need to walk a mile in his shoes before criticizing him for choosing at that spur of the moment to be a more active participant than we might have been in the same situation.."

There is no way I would have walked in George Zimmerman's shoes for 2 feet, much less the distance he did.

"All 50 states now legally recognize some form of personal concealed carry. Neither Zimmerman nor so-called right-wingers invented the concept of justifiable homicide."

Altering the law in many states to authorize people to place themselves in a situation where they are "justified" to use deadly force, with no attempt to retreat, is a big mistake, as this case illustrates.

"Zimmerman was not doing anything unethical or unadvisable by carrying a licensed gun in public for his own protection. In fact, it may have saved his life."

It may have well allowed him to take a life with no justification whatsoever, maybe not as some people in this nation see it, but God will be the ultimate judge of that.

"Zimmerman didn't make anything up. He waived his miranda rights and talked to police, then his story was corroborated by eyewitness testimony and the evidence. Case closed"

Go listen to the recordings. He lied several times and changed details more than once when cornered.

July 16, 2013 at 8:32 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "This cartoon fans the flames of unrest although there was never any evidence of race being the cause of the incident."

People are missing the point why people like myself have been behind the attempts to seek justice for the killing. Zimmerman most likely did not shoot Trayvon because he was black, but because Trayvon was black, his death was and continues to be irrelevant in some people's minds because he was black.

Race may not have been behind the killing, but it is still the elephant in the room.

Can you grasp the difference?

Trayvon Martin was as much on trial in that courtroom as George Zimmerman was, and despite his innocence on that night, when he was singled out by George Zimmerman as a probable criminal, his life has been written off as justifiable homicide because he was not a model kid.

July 16, 2013 at 8:46 a.m.
conservative said...

The mess media and their constituents are just evil!

"Zimmerman protesters raid LA store, stop freeway California Zimmerman protesters block freeway, raid Wal-Mart; more than a dozen arrested in LA"

"LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Protesters ran through Los Angeles streets Monday night, breaking windows, attacking people on sidewalks and at one point raiding a Wal-Mart store, while others blocked a major freeway in the San Francisco Bay Area in the third night of demonstrations in California over George Zimmerman's Florida acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin."

July 16, 2013 at 9:07 a.m.
klifnotes said...

limric said:... P.S. How does one log out? My log out button is gone

Click on your screen name limric and look over to the right hand side of the page in the section where it says mytfp profile options, and you should see the words log out right beneath change password.

July 16, 2013 at 9:07 a.m.
Inland42 said...

I couldn't possibly hear everything the jury heard and neither could anyone else. But I suspect anyone who feels that a few inconsistencies uttered by a bruised and bloodied victim would have turned the tide in favor of the prosecution is living in a fantasy world. I do know that all the evidence presented was absolutely damning for the prosecution. Zimmerman's version was the one believed by the jury. He didn't have to take the stand. It's his right under the law. The prosecution knew he likely wouldn't and still plowed ahead with their malicious prosecution.

In any case, the police investigators did hear everything, including the "inconsistencies" and obviously decided that there was not nearly enough evidence to bring charges.

Bottom line, the prosecution laid an egg and could not overcome their handicap of trying to prove their case. Even their own witnesses, including the police investigators, ended up helping the defense. It would be a joke if it wasn't so tragic a story.

The perspective that the prosecution over-reached on this one due to political pressure is hardly ignorant, but speaks to the truth.

Apparantly many of us are miles apart on this one. That's ok. Justice was served in this case so far despite the fact that many won't or can't come to terms with that reality.

In the end, although Martin's death was a tragedy, and equally avoidable, it was caused directly and unmistakenly by his decision to violently assault Mr Zimmerman. The jury came to the same conclusion. Unbiased History won't equate the death of Trayvon Martin with that of Emmitt Till,(for good reason) even though many will try their very best to make it so.

July 16, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.
klifnotes said...

The Florida law and other laws that led to this tragedy have already become a tragic law of unintended consequences, and not just in Florida either. But most every state where similar bills have been signed into law, and they're affecting people and communities that were never designed to be affected by them. They're tearing communities and families apart and causing irreparable damage.

July 16, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.
Inland42 said...

We can't throw away our natural right of self-defense just because the law is being partially exploited as written. Castle Doctrines and "stand your ground" are laws overwhelmingly favored by law abiding individual Americans who recognize they have a duty and an obligation to protect themselves and their loved ones, especially in light of the fact that police often cannot and legally will not take on that responsibility. Legislatures can go back and fix the loopholes, but once we willingly give up our rights in exchange for some perceived safety, we will not easily get them back, and to paraphrase Ben Franklin, nor would we deserve to.

July 16, 2013 at 9:24 a.m.
klifnotes said...

Re: Following anyone you consider suspicious may be discouraged by many, but anyone is free to do so.

The above phrase has already come back to haunt so many. In essence, it clears the way for every criminal, every rapist, serial killer, child molester, kidnapper to follow their victims, then shoot and kill them if they resist.


Re: His neighborhood had been the target of numerous break-ins

Reports of break-ins and actual break-ins are not the same. Let me try to explain: The neighborhood was changing in ways many did not approve. Hence, too many of what was considered not of their class, standing etc. were thought to be moving into the neighborhood, and some residents inside that gated community didn't approve. The same thing happened in a local neighborhood several years ago, where suddenly there began to be an unusual amount of reports of break-ins, burglaries and vandalism (spray painting to make it appear gangs were infiltrating the community. As one detective investigating those alleged break-ins, vandalism personally said to me: "Most all the burglaries, acts of vandalism I've investigated in the neighborhood appear to be INSIDE JOBS. Were some residents pooling their collective resources in an effort to utilize police resources (at their suggestion at those neighborhood meetings) in an effort to get those undesirables run out of the neighborhood? File bogus insurance claims? A combination of both?

July 16, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.
klifnotes said...

RE: We can't throw away our natural right of self-defense just because the law is being partially exploited as written. Castle Doctrines and "stand your ground" are laws overwhelmingly favored by law abiding individual Americans who recognize they have a duty and an obligation to protect themselves and their loved ones,

So shouldn't the solution be to prosecute those who would abuse such laws? Otherwise, those laws will be taken away, modified to the point that they're useless and will come to harm the very law abiding citizens whose only desire is to protect themselves, their property and family?

July 16, 2013 at 9:31 a.m.
alprova said...

Inland42 wrote: "I couldn't possibly hear everything the jury heard and neither could anyone else. But I suspect anyone who feels that a few inconsistencies uttered by a bruised and bloodied victim would have turned the tide in favor of the prosecution is living in a fantasy world."

You're like everyone else who has sided with Zimmerman. You refuse to listen to the man's own words to see the truth that he lied through his teeth to save his own ass.

"I do know that all the evidence presented was absolutely damning for the prosecution. Zimmerman's version was the one believed by the jury. He didn't have to take the stand. It's his right under the law. The prosecution knew he likely wouldn't and still plowed ahead with their malicious prosecution."

In the absence of a full understanding of what George Zimmerman claimed at various times during the investigations into what happened that night, your position is extremely biased.

What a shame that you are not interested in the truth.

"In any case, the police investigators did hear everything, including the "inconsistencies" and obviously decided that there was not nearly enough evidence to bring charges."

Zimmerman and his father both had friendships with several officers who were associated with the Sanford Police Department.

"Bottom line, the prosecution laid an egg and could not overcome their handicap of trying to prove their case. Even their own witnesses, including the police investigators, ended up helping the defense. It would be a joke if it wasn't so tragic a story."

The Jurist who has come forward has stated that they were ready to convict him of manslaughter, but the jury instructions and the letter of the law turned the tide.

"The perspective that the prosecution over-reached on this one due to political pressure is hardly ignorant, but speaks to the truth."

Again, unless you are willing to listen to the testimony that George Zimmerman never gave on the stand, and that the Defense Attorneys knew full and well would have totally destroyed their client, you are totally ignorant of the lies that were told.

"Apparantly many of us are miles apart on this one. That's ok. Justice was served in this case so far despite the fact that many won't or can't come to terms with that reality."

You're one of them pal.

"In the end, although Martin's death was a tragedy, and equally avoidable, it was caused directly and unmistakenly by his decision to violently assault Mr Zimmerman."

It's a shame that you cannot see the probability that it was Trayvon who was standing his ground that night, because George Zimmerman was acting like a criminal himself from the get-go.

July 16, 2013 at 9:37 a.m.
riverman said...

If black people who make up 13% of the population don't want to be profiled then they should quit committing 50% of the crime in this country. What everyone should be worried about is that our educational system is creating idiots like Rachel Jeantel.

July 16, 2013 at 9:39 a.m.
Inland42 said...

"The above phrase has already come back to haunt so many. In essence, it clears the way for every criminal, every rapist, serial killer, child molester, kidnapper to follow their victims, then shoot and kill them if they resist"

So every criminal, every rapist and serial killer, child molester, and kidnapper is now free under the law to openly stalk and murder their victims? Really???

And you don't actually know if the "same" thing happened in a local neighborhood as happened in Zimmerman's neighborhood, you are just comparing them because it fits your particular narrative.

July 16, 2013 at 9:39 a.m.
Inland42 said...

"It's a shame that you cannot see the probability that it was Trayvon who was standing his ground that night, because George Zimmerman was acting like a criminal himself from the get-go"

Oh, I actually did see the probability that Mr Martin was standing his ground, and that Mr. Zimmerman was the one engaging in criminal behavior, but I quickly realized it would be an agenda-driven fantasy to favor that probability over any other.

"The Jurist who has come forward has stated that they were ready to convict him of manslaughter, but the jury instructions and the letter of the law turned the tide"

So the actual Laws of the land, and our very justice system thwarted....errr...Justice! How convenient for her. It lets her off the hook...No overriding self-interest here....no way(eyeroll)

Even if what she said is true, that jurist did have another recourse. It's called "nullification". It's what some say the OJ jury engaged in. A perfectly acceptable tactic in my view. She and others could have voted guilty despite the law and the instructions, or at the very least made a hung jury so Zimmerman could have been retried. But they didn't.

July 16, 2013 at 9:44 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

I'm not the least bit surprised by the jury's verdict, given the fact that the case pretty much boiled down to a matter of he said/he said. Oops. There was only one man left standing, wasn't there? So it was just a matter of... he said.

Nobody knows for sure so we can only speculate about what went down just before the shooting. The pro-Zimmerman camp tries to paint a picture of him (Zimmerman) being beaten up ruthlessly by the black, hooded, punkish Martin, and the pro-Martin camp tries to paint a picture of Martin as an innocent young man minding his own business being stalked by the overly aggressive thug Zimmerman playing Rambo in his neighborhood. But wait....that IS pretty much the picture of Martin that night. Zimmerman might be innocent in the eyes of the law, since there was insufficient proof to show that he acted with malicious intent, but what we do know is this:

Trayvon Martin might have been no choir boy but on that particular night he was doing nothing wrong at all. He really was minding his own business in a neighborhood that he had every right to be in. But thanks to an insane law (loophole) that gives nut-jobs like Zimmerman the excuse to play Rambo, he was hastily tagged a thug, stalked - even against police orders to stand down and not pursue - and ultimately killed as a result of that stalking. Maybe Martin over-reacted, to the point of becoming violent enough to engage in a fight with Zimmerman, but if so it was surely because he felt threatened by a strange man who was stalking him.

The neighborhood Watch program is a good thing in itself but the key word is "watch." Its main function is to observe and report. What happened to Trayvon Martin that night in Sanford, FL. is a perfect example of what happens when guns are put in the hands of untrained punkish vigilantes like Zimmerman. The sad thing about this whole incident, besides the fact that an innocent life has been snuffed out for no reason at all, is that nothing has been learned from it. The Stand Your Ground law is still on the books and has not been changed in the least, and from what I have read, Zimmerman has even had his gun returned to him and he can be free to engage in the same stupid behavior, stalking yet another person in his neighborhood whose looks don't agree with him.

July 16, 2013 at 9:48 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Said Alpo: "So Andrew is a practicing Orthodox Charismatic Catholic and was born in Pakistan. That explains the wine bottle in all of his videos and the reason why some of his posts are...a little out there. Hard to tell who Rev. Alpo is bashing here. Catholics, Pakistanis, Wine drinkers? Hard to "grasp the difference"

July 16, 2013 at 9:55 a.m.
Inland42 said...

"I'm not the least bit surprised by the jury's verdict, given the fact that the case pretty much boiled down to a matter of he said/he said. Oops. There was only one man left standing, wasn't there? So it was just a matter of... he said."

Actually, that is just simply wrong. There was in fact eyewitness testimony other than Zimmerman's. The physical evidence, Zimmerman's injuries, and expert testimony also corroborated his version of events over the State's fantasy scenario. That is really all the jury needed to render a not guilty verdict. Everything else is just prosecutorial smoke and mirrors

July 16, 2013 at 10 a.m.
Inland42 said...

Unfortunately, the cartoonist has won by generating this useless debate, by validating unsupportable conspiracy theories as to Zimmerman and his neighbors actions and motives, and by the very fact that someone has actually agreed to employ such a simpleton. In actuality, the cartoon itself portrays a horribly misguided, and an intentionally inflammatory and insulting premise and conclusion.

I wanted to make my views known and have said all I need to say in response to the editorial cartoon. Thank you all for your responses to my comments. I may quite likely post elsewhere, but not here again. The cartoon's author certainly does not deserve any more of my valuable time and effort..

July 16, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Reports: KCAL 9 reporters injured at Trayvon Martin riot in Crenshaw; Oakland media attacked again.

Bet those reporters would rather be covering those out of control Tea-Party events

July 16, 2013 at 10:16 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

Inland, you and the other Zimmerman defenders just don't get it. Regardless of what happened that brought about the shooting, the fact of the matter is that a gun-toting Zimmerman was STALKING a perfectly innocent man, just because he didn't like his looks. Whatever the Stand Your Ground law covers, it does not - or at least it should not - allow the gun-toting individual to aggressively pursue someone (especially someone who has not committed any crime) and then claim to be on the side of the law in shooting him when the person being stalked happens to lash out in fear or self defense. It's bogus, insane, and unjust. In the eyes of the law Zimmerman might be innocent, but people with any sense of justice and common sense realize that there has been a horrible miscarriage of justice here. An innocent life has been taken, all because some nut with a gun wanted to play Rambo.

July 16, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.
prairie_dog said...

This is a great cartoon. Kid is on the sidewalk, not threatening anyone, and WORKING.

He SHOULD feel safe, and so should the people in the neighborhood.

July 16, 2013 at 10:18 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

Inland, thank you so much for sharing your "valuable" time with us. Now go back and play in your sandbox.

July 16, 2013 at 10:20 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Little Ricky: Inland brought common sense to the site. Unlike your leftist babble. Eh, Comrade?

July 16, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

You're right, PD. Anybody who dares to take a leisurely stroll, take a walk to the neighborhood convenience store, not wearing the acceptable attire, and especially is NOT WORKING, should rightfully feel threatened and fear for their life.

July 16, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

PT....did you say something or was that a gnat buzzing in my ear?

July 16, 2013 at 10:29 a.m.
Maximus said...

Clay Bennett, like our President, Barry Obama The Welfare Pimp, is a divider. They build their career and their brand by dividing people into groups and capturing their support. Too bad if the country suffers....I've got mine! The paper boy would be safe in my neighborhood. Thank God he feels that he is not too good for the job. God bless the paperboy! I was one once and it is part of the reason I have such a great work ethic! Now.....everybody get a damn job and go to work!

July 16, 2013 at 10:32 a.m.
conservative said...

It is not just the mess media stiring the pot of racist hate.

Here is a Liberal/Socialist/Demoncrat/Atheist "religious" professor(but not a possessor) who would be deemed a Biblical scholar by fellow Atheists in a vain attempt to discredit the word of God.

"In light of a Florida jury verdict finding George Zimmerman not guilty, a professor at an Ivy League university has now concluded that God is “a white racist god with a problem” who “is carrying a gun and stalking young black men."

"The fulmination is part of an epic blog rant by Anthea Butler, an associate professor of religious studies at the University of Pennsylvania and a frequent guest at media outlets including MSNBC and CNN."

“God ain’t good all of the time,” Butler declares. “In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black woman in an [sic] nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god.”

http://news.yahoo.com/irate-ivy-league-professor-calls-god-white-racist-123204682.html

July 16, 2013 at 10:57 a.m.

A great deal of fear and distrust has indeed re-surfaced in this land. Neighborly, risky, self-denying, messy love casts out such fear. We must first receive deep, abiding love before we can afford to forsake our self-centeredness and, instead, genuinely offer such love to others. This, and only this, “perfect” love casts out all fear. Instead, there is self-protection, self-righteousness, distrust and fear.

July 16, 2013 at 11:35 a.m.
moonpie said...

Something is being overlooked here.

If George Zimmerman had not been carrying a gun, it is quite probable that no one would have been killed.

Would Zimmerman have been so emboldened to follow and then approach a person he was suspicious of?

Would you put himself in a position where his persistent and close presence was a threat to another person?

There are cases in which we can celebrate where a gun has saved a life. I believe that this is a case presence of a gun made it more likely and more probable that one would be taken.

July 16, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.
conservative said...

How long will it be before Richard Cohen is taken to the woodshed for this political incorrectness?

"Where is the politician who will own up to the painful complexity of the problem and acknowledge the widespread fear of crime committed by young black males? This does not mean that raw racism has disappeared, and some judgments are not the product of invidious stereotyping. It does mean, though, that the public knows young black males commit a disproportionate amount of crime. In New York City, blacks make up a quarter of the population, yet they represent 78 percent of all shooting suspects — almost all of them young men. We know them from the nightly news"

"Those statistics represent the justification for New York City’s controversial stop-and-frisk program, which amounts to racial profiling writ large. After all, if young black males are your shooters, then it ought to be young black males whom the police stop and frisk. Still, common sense and common decency, not to mention the law, insist on other variables such as suspicious behavior. Even still, race is a factor, without a doubt. It would be senseless for the police to be stopping Danish tourists in Times Square just to make the statistics look good"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/richard-cohen-racism-vs-reality/2013/07/15/4f419eb6-ed7a-11e2-a1f9-ea873b7e0424_story.html?hpid=z2

July 16, 2013 at 1:22 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

The Florida Court that tried George Zimmerman gave every trigger happy moron in many parts of this nation, a license to kill.

I don’t think that the court needed to inform the killer morons as they were going to do so anyway and a certain segment seems to be bagging over their limit.

I realize that politically, you and other right-wing cheerleaders get mileage out of continuously claiming that there is no such thing as racial bias or inequality when it comes to the prosecution of blacks when accused of a crime, or justice for blacks who are victims of crimes, especially when it comes to those who are victimized by those of another, lighter skinned race.

I’m not denying that there is racial bias and hate in this country but I’m definitely pointing out your and others’ inability to see it as more than a one way street.

Only if George Zimmerman had been an illegal immigrant who had shot an American, would some of you have traded sides, if only for a few moments.

In that event we would have never heard of this case because it doesn’t fit you race baiter’s theme of how whitey is putting down the “slaves”

But because Trayvon was black, because he has been stereotyped a potential "thug" and because blacks led marches calling for justice to be served, everyone who marched or who has taken sides against George Zimmerman, even if they are Caucasian, has been deemed a "race-baiter."

You and they are not interested in the facts or justice but only pushing a racial viewpoint and not only are you a race baiter but a racial hate instigator

It makes no matter to some of you that Trayvon was absolutely innocent the night that George Zimmerman profiled him as a probable criminal. It matters not one whit to you that George Zimmerman followed the boy, probably scaring him as badly as anyone of you would have been had you been followed in a similar manner.

Trayvon was innocent up until he sucker punched Zimmerman. Zimmerman was well within his rights to be where he was especially since the dispatcher kept asking for information on Martin’s location and activities. If Martin was scared then why did he approach Zimmerman’s truck twice to check him out.

All Zimmerman would have had to do was announce himself as a Neighborhood Watchman long before he got within arms reach of Trayvon, and I doubt that whatever happened when they were within arms reach of each other, would have transpired.

Zimmerman was within arms reach of Martin before he had a chance to respond and after only a few words between them Martin sucker punches him and is guilty of criminal assault.

(cont)

July 16, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

(cont)

We're beyond that now. What happened, happened. Zimmerman sidestepped his own bullet, for now.

A court case that has garnered national attention has set a very dangerous precedent that will surely be cited in the future whenever self-defense is claimed from now on, if deadly force is used to kill anyone.

Black, White, Asian, Native Indian...it does not matter. No longer in states that have altered their self-defense laws, will a defendant who uses deadly force have to prove in a court of law that they did anything to avoid a confrontation that results in the death of their opponent. They do not have to retreat. If they are packing, they can pull a gun and shoot to kill.

That is an absolute lie. This case’s verdict applies only to this case and if you shoot someone and you don’t have the evidence of self defense on your side you are going down.

Everyone needs to fear the fallout of the George Zimmerman verdict. You could be the next one to die, and tried in court posthumously for your "aggressive" actions and your intent to do bodily harm to the victor who lived.

The fear here should be felt by people that think they can physically beat someone for simply being offended by them.

July 16, 2013 at 1:36 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

klifnotes said...

AndrewLohr said...”And from what I've read about George Zimmerman--that he volunteered his own time to help young black people”

And Sandusky spent millions mentoring young boys.

So your saying Sandusky "loving" young boys equates to Zimmerman tutoring black youth?

Really? Casing, stalking, chasing down and killing an innocent teen you consider keeping an eye on a neighborhood?

It was “all” conducted in a legal manner

If performing good deeds and acts of charity automatically defined one as having integrity, compassion, good character, tolerance of others who are different, look different then Hitler could be nominated for sainthood. Think about it.

OMG !! Nat-zees !!

July 16, 2013 at 1:46 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

There were embellishments and inconsistencies that were never aired in court.

Point out a few we can evaluate and remember that is those that were not address in any way in court

I specifically avoided using the words "racial profiling." He profiled him as a probable criminal, in complete error.

We all profile all day every day, it is human nature and acceptable but it is never 100% accurate.

I'm betting if the truth were known, Trayvon was shot as he was attempting to get off of Zimmerman.

I’m betting, if you had thought of it, you would have proposed that meteors did all of the damage to GZ head.

"The judge did not allow Martin's cell phone records,(revealed now by Zimmerman's attorneys) which would have shown that he texted others about "mounting" someone in a fight so they could not fight back, and about breaking their nose to win a fight."

That is complete hearsay counselor. You have no personal knowledge that any such texts exist in reality or that they were indeed typed by Trayvon.

The court may not have allowed it but we surely can consider them when evaluating the type of person Martin was.

"He was trying out his fight strategy that night, plain and simple. He should have went home instead of circling back and ambushing Zimmerman."

All that came from the only man alive to tell his side of the story and in the absence of a reliable witness to what EXACTLY went down, he was free to make up just about anything, and he did.

No, There were eye and ear witnesses as well as forensic evidence that supported that in court.

Observe and report to the proper authorities. That is the expected role of any neighborhood watchman. Following any suspect and carrying firearms is highly discouraged, for the very reason we are discussing what happened to Trayvon.

That is exactly what he was doing at the instructions of the dispatcher and he was on his way to the store and not on patrol. He had every right to carry his gun and the police woman that helped them set up the program said in court that she did not instruct them to not carry a gun.

Race has not a thing to do with it, however, it is very easy to spot a racial bigot. They are likely to moan and groan about anything that draws the attention of a minority grouping resulting in protest.

And you have been moaning and groaning continuously about this subject.

July 16, 2013 at 2:11 p.m.

Now it seems that precious little Trayvon thought he was beating up a "gay rapist". He's guilty of felony assault. "black leaders" just can't wait to mobilize and stir up all the morons in their "community".

July 16, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.
patriot1 said...

We can get on here and opine and show our bias about one incident in Sanford Fl, but the facts say the most dangerous place for an African-American child is in the womb.

July 16, 2013 at 2:23 p.m.

"the great society's " chickens have come home to roost. Millions of ignorant, greedy, poorly educated, entitled zombies rioting and pounding on any white person they run across because they've been told they've been wronged by this verdict. Liberals and the liberal media are to blame. It's their plantation, so they can take the responsibility.

July 16, 2013 at 2:29 p.m.
klifnotes said...

RE: "And you don't actually know if the "same" thing happened in a local neighborhood as happened in Zimmerman's neighborhood, you are just comparing them because it fits your particular narrative."


They both fit eerily similar patterns. That gated community had been hit during the housing collapse and people losing their homes/ condos to foreclosure (only difference in the neighborhood here, it had more to do with white flight over the years).

Property values in that Florida gated community were in a decline due to the housing crunch. Then those others began to move in, and the people worried their way of life would be negatively affected. The very home of an individual that detective I mentioned was investigating for a break-in/burglary had recently moved here from Florida. In fact, it was that particular home and alleged break-in he was investigating when he, the detective, saw me sitting on my porch and came down to ask me if I'd seen anyone suspicious around hanging around the house (I had not). And that's when he made the statement about a lot of the so-called burglaries, acts of vandalism he'd investigated in the neighborhood appeared to be inside jobs. ;?

Just remember again and always:

The law of tragic unintended consequences.

July 16, 2013 at 2:40 p.m.
klifnotes said...

riverman said... If black people who make up 13% of the population don't want to be profiled then they should quit committing 50% of the crime in this country.


You've really worn that one out, riverman. That false statement has become redundant. And blacks don't make up 13% of the population, nor do they commit 50% of the overall crime in the country. Actually, whites still outnumber any and all other races when it comes to committing overall crimes. Especially when serial killers, mass murderers, child molesters, child murderers, pedophiles, children who murder their parents, cases of murder suicide etc. are factured in.

July 16, 2013 at 2:52 p.m.

4 black children were shot over the last week in Chicago. Where are the demonstrations for that?

What did they do to deserve that? Why isn't that howling horse's ass Al Sharpton organizing a demonstration or two in Chicago protesting the black on black crime there?

"The black community" needs to get its own house in order instead of dragging some white jogger off the street and beating the crap out of him just because a "white hispanic" was found not guilty of defending himself against a black teen who was committing felony assault on him.

July 16, 2013 at 3:22 p.m.

Why doesn't Maya Angelou head to Chicago as well? Instead of waxing poetic about all the nuances of a stupid media event like the GZ trial she should haul her ass to Chicago and talk about the senseless slaughter of black children.

July 16, 2013 at 3:27 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

George Zimmerman benefited a not guilty verdict due to "new and improved" self-defense definitions given to the jury. The jury followed the letter of the law.

If you will refer to the link you posted recently about these "new and improved" self-defense definitions you will both the old and the new together. Zimmerman would have been found not guilty under both versions.

I don't blame the jury. According to the one jurist who has been interviewed, when they pondered the applicable definitions in those jury instructions, they finally agreed that "stand your ground" was applicable in the case after all.

Stand your ground was not addressed to the jury so how did you get the idea that they considered it? I read the transcript of the interview and I didn’t see that they discussed SYG

July 16, 2013 at 3:46 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

It is impossible to introduce evidence against a defendant who does not take the stand to testify.

That is absolutely mindbogglingly wrong. You want us to believe that the prosecution introduced no evidence against Zimmerman ... Really?

If you are interested in learning more about the evidence that was never aired in court, I urge you to listen to the recording that I posted a couple of nights ago;

I was aware of that information prior to you posting it and there is nothing there that was not covered in the trial. It’s over dramatic musical accompaniment, insane audio editing and effects were mindnumbingly awful.

"They failed. The prosecution over-reached in a huge way because of political pressure and got owned."

You offer that from a very ignorant perspective.

Talk about willful ignorance.

"They should have listened to the experts at the Stanford Police Department and declared it a justifiable homicide. This was a case for the ages to show how malicious prosecution often backfires."

Listen to those recordings and come back and tell me that I am incorrect about Zimmerman's contradictions and embellishments.

I’m back and you are not only incorrect but also delusional if you think any of that wasn’t address and the jury ruled on.

There is no way I would have walked in George Zimmerman's shoes for 2 feet, much less the distance he did.

You’re hardly the standard for normality.

Altering the law in many states to authorize people to place themselves in a situation where they are "justified" to use deadly force, with no attempt to retreat, is a big mistake, as this case illustrates.

Would you allow a rapist to claim that the victim placed herself in danger and didn’t make a serious attempt to escape as a defense?

"Zimmerman was not doing anything unethical or inadvisable by carrying a licensed gun in public for his own protection. In fact, it may have saved his life."

It may have well allowed him to take a life with no justification whatsoever, maybe not as some people in this nation see it, but God will be the ultimate judge of that.

Maybe this will convince Zimmerman to give up any religious beliefs considering how God let the legal, political, and media organizations mistreat him. Then that will be one less thing he has to worry about.

"Zimmerman didn't make anything up. He waived his miranda rights and talked to police, then his story was corroborated by eyewitness testimony and the evidence. Case closed"

Go listen to the recordings. He lied several times and changed details more than once when cornered.

Once again you have nothing and I mean nothing of any consequence going on there.

July 16, 2013 at 3:51 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

People like Rev Alpo, Rev Al, Jesse, Maher, Toon-Boy, hollywood elite, upper east siders, and more, continue to stir the race pot. Not only are they encouraging trouble, but more importantly they are doing a great disservice to Black Americans. This country has made great strides on improving life for Black Americans. Is there still racisim? Sure. And always will be to a certain extent. But for you race baiters to use the race-card with impunity is setting the cause waaay back. just my excellent opinion

July 16, 2013 at 4:22 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

While Eric "Hold My Junk" Holder is preaching to the choir, I love the piano music, here is some friendly advice from another black man on how to keep safe from them "Creepy A$$ Crackers." Where is Rodney Crack Don't Smoke Itself King when we really need him?

http://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8

July 16, 2013 at 4:49 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

Also please note the FBI investigated the Zimmerman/Martin event and found no justification for any prosecution. Now with the heat on our racially charged White House the need is for a diversion from the problems they face from Fast & Furious, Internal Revenue and our dedicated public servants staffing our embassy who were left to be slaughtered by our fine President and his Crackerjack staff.

If Martin approached Zimmerman when he first noticed he was being followed and told him he just got some Skittles from the 7-11 and was walking back to his dads house explaining he was new to the neighborhood because his mother gave him the boot from her home, maybe, just maybe the outcome would have been much different. Remember boys & girls, keep your hands to yourself unless confronted with violence. When you physically attack someone bad things can happen. Perhaps some of you live in the Chattanooga area and have noticed there are many people who carry guns and they aren't afraid to use them.

Hey Clay, How about a midnight picnic at Orchard Knob. Bring a blanket and some cheese and that whine you have become so famous for. If I'm late please feel free to start without me. I'm certain you will meet some very nice friends in no time who will be happy to share whatever you have!

July 16, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

Maybe Clay would like to go for a stroll on the west side or south side of Chicago even in broad daylight.

July 16, 2013 at 5:17 p.m.
klifnotes said...

I wrote the below in response to another opinion on the subject of the Martin/Zimmerman tragedy. I hope those who have senselessly and shameless beat up on a 17 year old who fought for his life will understand the significance of what these jurors decision means, and those laws and decisions by those jurors allowed a killer to walk free will be used to allow another criminal to walk free at some point using the same defense:


nucanuck said... I don't mourn Trayvon Martin, he was a punk.


I agree with you on everything you said in your 11:58 a.m. post, nucanuck, with the exception of the above statement. Martin was no punk. You'll find he was a typical teenager dating back to even biblical times. The only difference then and now is there's social networks such as facebook, myspace, text messaging where teens go on bragging points and up ones documenting, recording and saving everything..

If anything in Martins prior behavior caused him to be justifiably gunned down that night, such as pics of him blowing smoke (possibly smoking weed as some have claimed--or showing off a weapon) then a helluva lot of teens, white, black and other are in the same boat as Martin, and those who've attack Martin may want to put those teens down too (a lot of'em locally) lest they find themselves in a situation one day where they may have to defend themselves from a gun-toting/trigger-happy adult then have their name smeared all across America because they chose to put up a fight.

**I believe every parent that has ever had a child abducted and later found brutally murdered, often raped and mutilated, would overwhelmingly disagree with this verdict. They likely hope and feel some level of solace to know that they're own child put up such a heroic defense, even if they lost their lives in the end. It doesn't matter if Trayvon had succeeded in scattering Zimmerman's brains all across that gated community's sidewalk. Zimmerman was the aggressor, who'd not have felt so empowered to follow and confront someone if he didn't have a gun. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman's defense say Trayvon had 4 minutes to make it back to the house where he was staying. He can't say that for a certainty anyway, as the defense doesn't know if there were circumstances that prevented him. Such as if someone has a gun drawn, and some have suggested Zimmerman had his gun out before he confronted Martin. While others suggest the gun had already been cocked, as there was a bullet in the chamber before it was fired. A person is not likely to come out of hiding if they've found a hiding spot with some stranger with a gun following them. Also self-defense experts have always warned if you feel you're being followed by a stranger you certainly don't want to lead them back to where you live. If you're in a car take a detour. If you're on foot, then try to stray away from where you live.

July 16, 2013 at 5:24 p.m.
klifnotes said...

continued:

Zimmerman had more than enough time to identify himself as a neighborhood watch to Martin. He failed to do that. Martin did everything self-defense experts advise to do, with the exception that Trayvon did attempt to make contact with Zimmerman, and Zimmerman could have used that as an opportunity to identify himself. On the other hand, Zimmerman broke every rule a neighborhood watch person is advised to do and then some.

Now, hopefully all these individuals who've senselessly attacked this heroic young man, who should actually be given a medal, posthumously, will consider all this the next time in the news we hear of some child having been abducted, brutally raped and murdered, and their killer use the Zimmerman defense won't be as supportive of the killer as they have been in support of Zimmerman. If Zimmerman's supporters don't believe criminals aren't already using the laws these states created that helped to get Zimmerman off the hook, and to get their own charges reduced or have themselves found not guilty, they'd best think again.

I don't give a dam/N who Zimmerman is, what color, nationality, what or who he and his parents connections are in Sanford Florida, which likely played a major role in his being found not guilty. To me he will always be the killer, who senselessly gunned down and murdered an innocent child. Btw- Trayvon Martin had just turned 17 by two weeks. He was still basically on a 16 year old child.

I'll bid you all adieu on the subject.

July 16, 2013 at 5:24 p.m.
klifnotes said...

whatsthefuss said... Also please note the FBI investigated the Zimmerman/Martin event and found no justification for any prosecution.


That's not true. They were looking to see if the killing was racially motivated. They're still investigating to determine, if any, Civil Rights violations.

July 16, 2013 at 5:32 p.m.
klifnotes said...

zableedofisterix said... 4 black children were shot over the last week in Chicago. Where are the demonstrations for that?


And Adam Lanza gunned down and killed over 20 something white children along with adults. So what's your point? We don't see anyone stalking white boys because of Lanza's actions @ Sandy Hook.

July 16, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

And if Clay or any of you nice people ever find yourself turned around on the streets of south central LA please don't hesitate to stop and ask some of the friendly peace loving residents for directions. Reginald Denny wasn't even lost and look at all the people who offered him directions albeit straight to a living life of "HELL!"

http://youtu.be/Wc_SgpyJWRY

July 16, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.
klifnotes said...

whatsthefuss, what you failed to mention that it was members of those people in that crowd who also rescued Reginald Dennis and perhaps saved his life in the process, at the risk of losing their own.

July 16, 2013 at 5:40 p.m.

Klif, idiotic response.

The black community, and black leaders, has its collective head up its a$$ regarding black on black violence. Instead of mass demonstrations in Chicago, which is what's needed at this point, they rather jump on GZ as if he's just destroyed their lives. There's been plenty of response by white people to the Sandy Hook shootings, tons of it. Nobody has swept it under the rug. But, "black leaders", are jackasses who would rather pull the race card than tackle the black on black violence issue the same way they jumped on GZ. Precious Trayvon was the one pounding GZ and it's felony assault.

July 16, 2013 at 5:44 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

klifnotes,

Put down the crack pipe and get some help!!! The FBI isn't investigating any Civil Rights Violations but that fine Eric, Hold The Junk, Holder and his injustice department on orders from Barry, If I Had A Son He Would Look Like Trayvon, Obama sure is after the verdict. What a coincidence???

July 16, 2013 at 5:44 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

klifnotes,

The fine gentleman who left the comfort of his home while watching the scene live on his TV was not a member of the "Crowd." He may have been black, I don't know that for a fact, but he was not a member of the crowd. Simply a fellow truck driver coming to a fellow truck drivers aid in a dire time of need. Quite human and refreshing. On that day I did not witness any Black on Black violence. Now if you care to accompany Clay on his picnic with the spectacular view from the top of Orchard Knob you may witness such a thing. Perhaps you can be the hero and attempt to intervene and save a young black youth from non racial gun violence. I'll even make you a cape to wear if you like. Let me know what you decide to call yourself and I'll incorporate a logo into the Kevlar weave. You will be a true hero as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton simply don't possess such courage. Another fearless superhero in the making. And to think I thought they were all simply made up? Who Knew?

July 16, 2013 at 6 p.m.
limric said...

Better late than never. Thanks klifnotesfor directing a geezer like me.

July 16, 2013 at 6:16 p.m.
jesse said...

The only "civil right" Zimmerman violated was Travon's "civil right" to pound George's head into the sidewalk!

July 16, 2013 at 7:29 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

How did Salem witch-hunt trials happen? See DOJ vs Zimmerman.

July 16, 2013 at 7:55 p.m.
chet123 said...

WELL,WELL,WELL.........LISTEN TO ALL THESE GREST MINDS,,,,,,HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

AND THE BEAT GOES ON!!!!!!!

I FAULT BLACK PEOPLE FOR BEING SO STUPID TO THINK THEY CAN GET A FAIR TRIAL.....DISPITE THOUSAND OF CASES AND HUNDREDS OF YEARS OF HISTORY THAT PLAINLY SHOWS THAT THE JUDICIAL SYSTEMS WORKS AGAINST BLACK AMERICAN IN THIS COUNTRY.....

I KNEW THAT SCUM-BAG ZIMMERSON WAS GOING TO WALK WITH AN ALL WHITE JURY

July 16, 2013 at 8:35 p.m.
chet123 said...

HEY PLAIN-TRUTH(DENNIS)...I GOT YOUR WITCH HUNT RIGHT HERE BUDDY!!

July 16, 2013 at 8:37 p.m.
chet123 said...

LOT OF TRASH TALKING GOING ON IN HERE,,,,

ITS FUNNY WHEN I'M IN HERE THE SAME BOZOS(HATERS)TRY TO PRETEND THEY ARE PEACE LOVING PEOPLE........WHAT COWARD!!!!!!

BUT WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM CHILD KILLERS

July 16, 2013 at 8:41 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Chet123: Rarely here. But always a bozo. HA HA HA HA

July 16, 2013 at 8:49 p.m.
chet123 said...

I SEE YOU ARE A BIG MAN......YOU PROTECTING A CHILD KILLER

July 16, 2013 at 8:57 p.m.
chet123 said...

THE WHOLE WORLD WATCHING YOU DENNIS

July 16, 2013 at 8:58 p.m.
chet123 said...

YOU AND I ARE NOT THE SAME....I WOULD NEVER PROTECT A CHILD KILLER.....NEVER.....

BUT YOU DO!!! HA HA HA !!

July 16, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.
chet123 said...

THIS TRIAL IS THE BEGINNING,,,,,,,I THOUGHT THE DAY OF KANGAROO TRIALS WERE OVER......

MAY GOD HELP THIS WICKED COUNTRY

July 16, 2013 at 9:10 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Protecting, how?

July 16, 2013 at 9:11 p.m.
chet123 said...

BY THE WAY.....WHERE ARE ALL THE PRO-LIFE PEOPLE...Hmmmmmm?

WHERE ARE THEY????

HA HA HA HA HA HA......JUST AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID!!!!! HYPOCRITE WHO ONLY WANT TO CONTROL!!!

July 16, 2013 at 9:12 p.m.
chet123 said...

PLAIN-TRUTH....YOU MENTIONED STIR IT UP......STIR WHAT UP????:"

July 16, 2013 at 9:15 p.m.
chet123 said...

I WILL BE HERER FOR THE NEXT HOUR.....I SEE THERES A LOT OF POSTING....A LOT OF LIES........MOSTLY GOP/TEA-PARTY PEOPLE.....DONT BE A COWARD....OWN-UP TO YOUR CORE BELEIF,,,,,,

YOUR MOTTO IS DONT TREAD ON ME! WHILE YOU TREAD ON THE WEAK!

July 16, 2013 at 9:18 p.m.
chet123 said...

DONT TELL ME POSTERS DECIDED TO LOG-OFF AT 9:00PM.....ABOUT THE SAME TIME I LOG-ON.....WHAT A COINCIDENT!!! HA HA HA HA!

July 16, 2013 at 9:20 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

An hour, huh? Thanks for the warning.

July 16, 2013 at 9:24 p.m.
chet123 said...

JESSE SAYING THAT A 150 BOY POUND THE HEAD OF A 30YEAR OLD MAN WEIGHTING 220 INTO THE CONCRETE......WHAT A LIE!

A SKINNY 150LB BOY GET SUPERMAN STRENGTH AND ATTACK POOR GEORGE ZIMMERSON WHO WAS JUST TRYING TO GET HOME

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

July 16, 2013 at 9:26 p.m.
chet123 said...

NOW I KNOW WHY THE INDIANS CALL YOU FOLK TONGUE

July 16, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.
chet123 said...

WHERE THE PRO-LIFER AT ??????

SEE NO EVIL - HEAR NO EVIL - SAY NO EVIL!!!!

July 16, 2013 at 9:29 p.m.
chet123 said...

SHAME ON YOU!!!!SHAME ON YOU!!SHAME ON YOU!!!

THIS WHAT AMERICA SINK TO THANKS TO THE TEA-PARTY

BUT DONT SAY I DIDNT TELL YOU SO!!

July 16, 2013 at 9:32 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

You funny, Chet.

July 16, 2013 at 9:33 p.m.
chet123 said...

HA HA HA HA!

July 16, 2013 at 9:38 p.m.
chet123 said...

YEAH....I BET THE MOTHER AND FATHER OF TRAVON IS HAVING A BALL LAUGHING UP A STORM

July 16, 2013 at 9:39 p.m.
chet123 said...

AND WHERE IS THE CHURCH?????THE SOUNTERN BAPTIST....SINGING OH HOW I LOVE JESUS...OH HOW I LOVE JESUS!!!!

CHRIST SAID HOW CAN YOU LOVE ME AND HAVE NEVER SEEN ME....BUT SEE YOUR BROTHER EVERYDAY AND HATE HIM.......CHRIST SAID: YOU ARE A LAIR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN YOU.....

THIS IS A SAD DAY FOR AMERICA,,,,,,,YOU CAN NOT HOLD YOUR HEAD UP!!

July 16, 2013 at 9:43 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Stunning: The DOJ soliciting tips from public in order to build a case against one citizen.

July 16, 2013 at 9:44 p.m.
chet123 said...

HIDING AS ALWAYS......LIKE A PACK OF JACKALS.......

July 16, 2013 at 9:45 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Who hiding?

July 16, 2013 at 9:47 p.m.
chet123 said...

MAYBE THE DOJ SHOULD PAY WITNESS TO CRY AND TELL LIES AS ZIMMERSON DEFENSE DID

GEORGY!!GEORGY!GEORGY! HA HA HA!!!!PAID WITNESS....AND THE OLD MAN CRYING WHEN HE HEARD THE SCREAM HA HA HA.....WHAT A PHONY!!!!

TRAVON OWN MOTHER DIDNT DROP A TEAR....WHO IS HE TO...?????

HA HA HA HA!!!

SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE OLD MAN AN OSCAR AWARD HA HA HA

July 16, 2013 at 9:50 p.m.
chet123 said...

HEY PLAIN-TRUTH....HOW MANY BUBBLES IN A BAR OF SOAP????

July 16, 2013 at 9:52 p.m.
chet123 said...

SO YOU JUST HANGING AROUND LOOKING STUPID.......SAVE YOUR TALK FOR TOMMOROW AT FLORD BARBER SHOP

July 16, 2013 at 9:53 p.m.
joneses said...

Black Thugs Shoot and Kill 13 Month Old White Baby

And you mentally challenged liberals think it is the baby"s fault. That is how sick you are. Why did this not outrage you liberal race baiters?

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — Police arrested two black teenagers Friday who are suspected in the shooting death of a 13-month-old baby in a stroller and wounding the baby’s mother during an attempted robbery.

Seventeen-year-old De’Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder, along with a 14-year-old who was not identified because he is a juvenile, Police Chief Tobe Green said.

Police announced the arrest Friday afternoon after combing school records and canvassing neighborhoods searching for the pair. The chief said the motive of the “horrendous act” was still under investigation and the weapon had not been found. The mother, Sherry West, wept Friday while she told The Associated Press that she pleaded with the gunman and a younger accomplice who approached her Thursday morning while she walked near their home in coastal Brunswick.

“He asked me for money and I said I didn’t have it,” she said. “When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They’re expensive. And he kept asking and I just said ‘I don’t have it.’ And he said, ‘Do you want me to kill your baby?’ And I said, ‘No, don’t kill my baby!’”

West said the gunman fired four shots, the first into the ground. West didn’t see a shell casing ejected and she assumed the gun wasn’t real.

Then he fired at her head and the bullet grazed her left ear — she has a small scab and bruising there. He fired again and shot her in the left leg above the knee. “I didn’t know I was hurt.”

“The boy proceeded to go around to the stroller and he shot my baby in the face,” she said. “And then he just shoved me when I started screaming and he ran down London Street with the little boy.”

July 16, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.

If GZ were black, would this even be a story???? Especially not in Chicago.

July 16, 2013 at 10:23 p.m.
facyspacy said...

506 people murdered in Chicago last year. 376 were black on black. How many of those people look like your son Mr Obama?

People seem to forget the 15 yr old black kid that killed the woman's white baby in savannah last yr

July 16, 2013 at 11:45 p.m.
facyspacy said...

But the Zimmerman trial has zero to do with race. Not even the FBI can prove that

July 17, 2013 at midnight
alprova said...

It is an amazing thing to witness so many people claiming that this case had nothing at all to do with race, continue to cite acts committed by those of a singular race of people, and who continue to blame the one who is dead for his own death.

Some of you are totally disgusting.

Keep practicing your arguments, because one day you will all stand before God, who runs the ultimate Supreme Court. I wonder...will your arguments stand up to that judgment?

July 17, 2013 at 12:14 a.m.
chet123 said...

JONESES: DID YOU HAVE TO GO TO BRUNWICK GA Hmmmmmm....YOU CAN LOOK HERE IN CHATTANOOGA OR NORTH GEORGIA AND SEE THOSE TYPE CRIMES....BUT THE POLICE DONT TURN THEIR HEAD THE OTHER WAY...A ARREST IS MADE.....NOONE DEFEND SUCH HIDEOUS CRIME.....I WOULD PULL THE SWITCH TO THE ELETRIC CHAIR ON ANYONE TAKING THE LIFE OF A BABY

JONESES....THIS IS THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH YOU.....YOU COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES....WHAT HAVE THAT GOT TO DO WITH TRAVON MARTIN....TELL ME...

YOU SAID BLACK THUG...SO ITS OK IF WHITE THUG HAD SHOT AND KILLED BABY.....

THIS HOW STUPID YOU SOUND

I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE TEAPARTY/REPUBLICAN AND SOUTHERN BAPTIST....SO YOUR BRAIN IS ALREADY CONFUSED AND MESSED UP

July 17, 2013 at 8:21 a.m.
chet123 said...

FACYSPACY...YOU SAID THE ZIMMERSON TRIAL HAS ZERO TO DO WITH RACE.......HA HA HA HA HA HA....YOU KEEP BELEIVING THAT LIE BUDDY.....IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH RACE....EVEN FROM JURY SELECTION....AN ALL WHITE JURY.....WHY NOT GET AN ALL BLACK JURY...Hmmmmmm....DONT YOU THINK I'M IN A BETTER POSITION THAN YOU ARE TO DETERMINE THAT.....

YOU BEEN LISTENING TO YOUR LYING REPUBLICAN POLITICIAN BUDDY!

YOU ARE LIKE THEM...THINK YOU KNOW WHAT GOOD FOR BLACK AMERICAN......NOW THATS ARROGANCE......GOD-LIKE ATTITUDE....HA HA HA

BY THE WAY....YOU AND JONESES KEEP COMPARING APPLES AND ORANGES....AND YOU WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT....BECAUSE THEIR IS NO HISTORY(BESIDE A RICH OJ SIMPSON WHO I BELEIVE WAS GUILTY...AND IT WAS AN ALL BLACK JURY MOSTLY)

I WILL WAGE YOU AN $100.00 THOSE BOYS ARE NOT WALKING FREE..PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS

July 17, 2013 at 8:28 a.m.
chet123 said...

THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH PEOPLE AS JONESE AND FACY IS THEY NOT HONEST....AND IN DENIAL OF THE TRUTH ....NOONE DEFENDING THE GEORGIA CASE....NOONE......

SO WHATS THEY TALKING ABOUT????

July 17, 2013 at 8:39 a.m.
chet123 said...

I'M GLAD THIS FORUM IS OPEN TO PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD...SO THE WORLD CAN SEE STUPIDITY IN AMERICA'S SOUTH

July 17, 2013 at 8:41 a.m.
facyspacy said...

I don't think you know how a jury selection works..... They are selected! Who do you think selects juries? FBI did not find anything to do with race. Instead of blabbing your ignorant mouth, why don't you produce some proof of racism, not conjectures and opinions. Then, sign yourself up at chatt st for a Grammer refresher. I also noticed you didn't say anything about the 376 black men killed in Chicago last year by black men. All of Obama's children.... Or least they all would look like his sons. I notice the president has gone into hiding after his comments.

July 17, 2013 at 8:58 a.m.
Yossarian25 said...

If you don't like clay's cartoons or ideas, then you must like torturing yourselves coming back so often to hate and troll.

Clay's cartoon's provoke thought not racism and it's quite sad that has to be pointed out.

But I'm wasting my time, cos all these debates are completely polarised and there is never any middle ground.

But seriously, the left totally made up the racial divide and it's given them so much milage they can fool us into thinking they aren't pulling all the strings! They even created the Tea-Party to give themselves opposition!

My tin-foil hat tells me that only communists and the godless hate guns!

July 17, 2013 at 9:23 a.m.
chet123 said...

YOSSARIAN25:

YOU COME ON THIS FORUM LIKE YOU ARE THE VOICE OF REASON...THE FIRST 3 SENTENCES GAVE ME HOPE....BUT THEN YOU START TALKING ONE SIDED AND CRAZY....SO I'M ASKING YOU TO RESERVE YOUR JUDGEMENT IN REGARD TO PHILOSOPHY....BECAUSE YOU ARE FULL OF IT!! HA HA HA

ANOTHER TEA-PARTY/GOP/REPUBLICAN TRYING TO DISGUISE HIMSELF.....

HEY YOSSARIAN25....WHO IS THEY....THEY CREATED THE TEA-PARTY....WHO IS THEY BUDDY.....

THE TEA-PARTY WAS FINANCED BY THE RICH AND GREEDY...ARE YOU LIVING ON AONTHER PLANET????...EVER HEARD OF THE KOCH BROTHER....

AND YOUR TIN-FOIL..HA HA HA HA HA...IT TELL YOU WHAT???? HA HA HA...ONLY COMMUNIST HATE GUNS....HA HA HA HA HA...BLACK PEOPLE HATE GUNS WHEN THEY ARE IN YOUR GREASY HANDS KILLING THEIR CHILDREN...HA HA HA.....WHAT BLACK PERSON GOING TRUST A NUT LIKE YOU WITH A GUN...

YOU SAY THE GODLESS HATE GUNS....SO THAT MEANS THE GODLY LOVE AND ROMANCE GUNS AND KILLING INNOCENT...HA HA HA HA HA

I'M GLAD THE WHOLE WORLD CAN SEE THIS DIALOGUE....HA HA HA HA HA

YOU HAVE A TWISTED MIND BUDDY....SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR CULTURE RELIGION AND GOD.....

THAT IS NOT THE TEACHING OF CHRIST HA HA HA HA HA

YOU BEEN LIED TO BY MAMA AND DADDY!

HA HA HA THE VOICE OF REASON END UPN BEING THE BIGGEST FOOL ON HERE HA HA HA HA

July 17, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.
chet123 said...

YOSSARIANS REMIND ME OF A JOKE I ONCE HEARD ABOUT A COLOR-BLIND WHITE SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS

BLACK AND WHITE KIDS FIGHTING ABOUT THEIR SEATING ON THE SCHOOL BUS...

DRIVER TOLD THE KIDS HE WOULD NOT HAVE RACISM ON HIS BUS..GOD HAD THEM ALL EQUAL...HE WANTED THEM TO PRETEND THEY WERE ALL POLKA DOTTED........HE HAD THEM TO ALL STAND OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL BUS...AND THEY WOULD ENTER THE BUS AS POLKA DOTTED CHILDREN......AS THE CHILDREN WAITED OUTSIDE ORDERLY...THE DRIVER YELL OUT OK!!!!

LIGHT POLKA DOTTED UP FRONT!....DARK POLKA DOTTED TO THE BACK!!!

HA HA HA HA HA

YOSSARIAN25 IS THAT WHITE COLOR-BLIND SCHOOL BUS DRIVER........HE CANT SEE HIMSELF....OR HOW STUPID HE SOUNDS...HE IS EMERGED IN HIS CULTURE AND FLAWED TEACHING

THE VOICE OF REASON IS THE BIGGEST NUT ON HERE

July 17, 2013 at 2 p.m.
chet123 said...

LISTEN TO FACYSPACY....THIS FOOL KEEP COMPARING APPLE AND ORANGES....BLACK MEN ARE ARRESTED IN LARGE NUMBER FOR PETTY CASES....THATS ANOTHER OUT RAGE BUDDY...

AND I LOVE FOLK LIKE YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF GETTING YOUR BUTT KICK...YOU WANT TO TURN INTO A SPELL CHECKER OR SUBJECT VERB AGREEMENT.....

WE CALL YOU A TAP DANCER....CHANGE THE SUBJECT TO GET ME OFF YOUR BUTT......

July 17, 2013 at 2:06 p.m.
chet123 said...

FACYSPACY SAID:

HOW A JURY SELECTION WORKS? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

WITH A BLACK MAN ITS AN ALL WHITE JURY....NOTICE THEY KEEP BLACK MALE OFF

July 17, 2013 at 2:09 p.m.
chet123 said...

RACE IS NOT A FACTOR...WINK!WINK!

HA HA HA HA

July 17, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.
chet123 said...

I BLAME BLACK PEOPLE FOR LISTENING TO LIES.....AND HAVING FALSE HOPE IN EVIL PEOPLE AND CORRUPTED CHURCHES...AND A NAZI TEA-PARTY/GOP/REPUBLICAN PARTY

July 17, 2013 at 2:13 p.m.
Yossarian25 said...

chet123 chet123 chet123 chet123 chet123

I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

NOW HOW DO I TAKE THE CAPS LOCK OFF??

BUT I AM GLAD THERE ARE NUTS ON BOTH SIDES!! YOU BALANCE OUT FOR ALL THE RIGHT WING F*CKTARDS!

IT FEELS BETTER TO YELL!!!!!!!!

(Clue: the "But seriously... " part, wasn't actually the serious part)

July 20, 2013 at 4:58 p.m.
chet123 said...

HA HA HA HA....GLAD TO SEE YOUR TRUE COLORS...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...I OUT FOXED YOU AGAIN.......

I KNEW YOU WERE A TEA-PARTY/GOP/REPUBLICAN...HA HA HA HA HA HA

July 20, 2013 at 9:05 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.