KANGAROO EXPRESS TOUR STOPS
Monday, July 29
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 712 Signal Mountain Road
• 4-6 p.m., 1005 Hixson Pike
Tuesday, July 30
• 7-9 a.m., 6239 Highway 58
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 8935 Lee Highway, Ooltewah
• 4-6 p.m., 2890 Waterlevel Highway, Cleveland
Wednesday, July 31
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 5337 Alabama Highway, Ringgold
• 4-6 p.m., 11418 Highway 41, Ringgold
Thursday, Aug. 1
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 2401 Garden Lakes Blvd., Rome
• 4-6 p.m., 5880 New Calhoun Road, Rome
Friday, Aug. 2
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 1881 Old Calhoun Road, Rome
Retired U.S. Army soldier and drag racer Don O'Neal will visit the Chattanooga area next week on his Salute Our Troops Tour at Kangaroo Express locations. After the Chattanooga-area stops, he'll move on to Rome, Ga., on this summer tour of the Southeast.
Car buffs can get an up-close look at the dragster and pose for photos with O'Neal, who served 22 years in the military and has 18 years' experience as a professional driver.
Visitors can take part in family games, share messages of support with troops and their families, and make donations to the Salute Our Troops campaign, which has raised $5.67 million since it began in 2011.
Funds from Chattanooga stops go to the USO, Fisher House Foundation and the Enlisted Association of National Guard of Tennessee's Auxiliary Soldier Airman Relief Fund. The tour will continue in Rome, Ga., Aug. 1-2.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
There are some notable changes among the 80 listings in today's Times Free Press guide to fall festivals and fairs.
Expect to see some mutton bustin' at the Franklin County Fair next week.
The 63rd annual Georgia Mountain Fair gets underway Friday, July 19, at the fairgrounds at 1311 Music Hall Road in ...
A fully refurbished 1952 Willys CJ-3 Jeep will be traveling through the region next week for the Salute Our Troops ...