Events and seminars
• QuickBooks - Setup This $95 course is available from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott, PHR, of HR Business Solutions LLC, will speak. This step-by-step workshop walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances in QuickBooks. The class includes instructions for setting up preferences, vendors, customers' bank account information, chart of accounts and check writing. This event is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 for more information.
• Downtown Council Meeting at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at The Double Tree Hotel: 407 Chestnut St. UT athletic director David Blackburn will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Southside Council Meeting at noon Thursday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center: 1151 W. 40th St. Chattanooga Councilmen Moses Freeman and Chip Henderson and Hamilton County Commissioner Joe Graham will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other startup materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn: 6145 Weir Way.