The largest employers in Hamilton County are government or non-profit employers.
• 1. Hamilton County Schools, 4,480 full-time and 1,419 part-time employees
• 2. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, 4,282 full-time and 38 part-time employees
• 3. Tennessee Valley Authority, 4,180 full-time employees
• 4. Erlanger hospital, 3,176 full-time and 367 part-time employees
• 5. Memorial hospital, 3,171 full-time and 595 part-time employees.
Source: Mayor Employers list for 2013, Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...
related articles »
The city of Soddy-Daisy was incorporated in 1969, partly because residents didn't feel like the area had adequate fire coverage.
Chattanooga’s biggest party has grown over the past three decades into a $3.5 million, year-round business.
Biggest employers, publicly traded companies, private companies occupations and new investments.
The city's largest employers, education and population makeup.