• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St. (church library); 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 15; beginning session of Forward, an ecumenical, eight-session support group for those who have lost a spouse; free; 755-2460 or 875-0107.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 6:30 p.m. Tuesday; harpsichord concert by Atsuko Watanabe, soloist, continuo and chamber music groups member; reception follows; $10 suggested donation ($5 students); 266-8195.
• White Oak Baptist Church, 2043 White Oak Valley Road NW, Cleveland, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also, Victory Faith Church, 1253 King Edward Ave. S.E., Cleveland, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
Vacation Bible schools
• Spring Creek Road Baptist Church, 1312 Spring Creek Road; 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; ages kindergarten-fifth grade; theme: "Kingdom Chronicles"; 894-0700.
• Oakwood Baptist Church, 115 Oakwood St., Chickamauga, Ga.; 6:15-8:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; all ages; theme: "Athens: Paul's Dangerous Journey to Share the Truth"; 706-375-5760 or www.oakwoodbc.org.
• McDonald Road Seventh-day Adventist Church, 5440 McDonald Road; 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday; ages 5-12; theme: "Tell It on the Mountain"; 316-8134 or register at http://mcdonaldroad.org/vbs.
• Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church, 612 James Blvd., Signal Mountain; 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Thursday; ages kindergarten-fifth grade; theme: "Marketplace: Christ the King"; 886-2190 or www.signalpres.org.
• Church of the Good Shepherd, 211 Franklin Road, Lookout Mountain, Tenn.; Monday-Friday; 821-1583.
• Soddy United Methodist Church, 255 Depot St., Soddy-Daisy; 6-8:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; ages 3-fifth grade; theme: "Kingdom Rock: Where Kids Stand Strong for God!"; 331-3960.
• Dalton Seventh-day Adventist Church, 300 S. Tibbs Road, Dalton, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; children to adults; free but preregistration requested; 706-226-2166.
• Hixson First Baptist Church, 5800 Grubb Road; 9 a.m.-noon June 17-20; ages 4-fifth grade; theme: "Colossal Coaster World"; 877-2467.
• Signal Crest United Methodist Church, 1005 Ridgeway Ave., Signal Mountain; 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 17-20; ages kindergarten-fifth grade; theme: "Colossal Coaster World"; 886-2330.
• Avondale Church of Christ, 1107 Dodson Ave.; 6:30-8:30 p.m. June 17-21; theme: "Five-Ring Circus of Faith"; 698-5814 or www.avondalecoc.org.
• First Baptist Church, 2645 LaFayette Road, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga.; 6:30-8:30 p.m. June 23-27; ages 4-fifth grade; theme: "Kingdom Chronicles"; registration, 706-866-0232 or www.answersvbs.com/vbs/fbcfo.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave.; 6-8 p.m. June 24-27; ages pre-kindergarten-fourth grade; theme: "Everything Fun Fair: Where God's World Comes Together!"; registration, http://2013cokesburyvbs.com/firstcentenaryumc.
• Oakwood Baptist Church, 4501 Bonny Oaks Drive; 6-8:45 p.m. June 23-28; ages kindergarten-eighth grade; theme: "Kingdom Chronicles"; 892-6414.
• Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4829 College Drive NE; 9 a.m.-noon June 24-28; ages 4-13; theme: Paul's missionary journeys; 396-2134.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...
related articles »
• Powerline Ministry, Crab Orchard, Tenn.; 5 p.m. CDT today; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; free; 421-4269; also, ...
• GraceWorks Church, 6445 Lee Highway; 6-8:30 p.m. Thursday; Advancing the Battle dinner conference for men who are or want ...
The Rev. Clay Thomas, a native of Greenville, S.C., has been hired as pastor of Rivermont Presbyterian Church, 3319 Hixson ...
* St. Alban's Episcopal Church, 7514 Hixson Pike; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; St. Alban's Day celebration includes worship service, potluck cookout ...