• The 15th annual reunion for all Navy men and women who served at U.S. Naval Training Center Bainbridge between 1942-1976 will be held Sept. 25-29 in Chattanooga. For more information, call 423-326-3654.
• The 1963 class of the former Booker T. Washington High School will meet today at 2 p.m. at Mission Ridge Baptist Church, 3778 Wilcox Blvd. For more information, call the Rev. Etta Griffin-Garth, 475-6368.
• Baroness Erlanger Hospital School of Nursing is holding an alumni reunion today. For more information, contact Dr. Charlynne Parson at 785-3340.
• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding planning meetings today and Saturday, June 22, in preparation for its 50-year reunion. The meetings will begin at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, July 13, 4-11 p.m., at First Baptist Church of Soddy-Daisy, 10185 Dayton Pike. Tickets are $35. For more information, call Linda Stewart at 238-4518 or email email@example.com.
• Brainerd High School classes of 1973-75 are holding a reunion July 26-27 at Pier 2. For more information or reservations, contact Mike Payne at Tnmastergardener@aol.com.
• McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park. A reunion dinner will be held that night at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, from 6-10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7-11 p.m. on the Southern Belle riverboat. For more information, call 593-0209 or 476-2602.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Oct. 11 from 6-11 p.m. in the Pier 2 burger bar. The reunion dinner is Oct. 12 from 6-10 p.m. in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold its 50-year reunion weekend Oct. 25-25 on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs, 425-4785 or 1-800-728-4882.
• The 26th national Morrison family reunion will be held Saturday, June 15, at Crossroads Park in Powells Crossroads, Tenn. Participants are asked to bring covered dishes. For more information, call Ronnie Cookston, 423-658-5982.
• Members of the former Central Baptist Church in Woodmore during the 1960s are invited to a reunion weekend July 12-13. A Friday night cookout is planned at the home of Greg Carson, 6-9 p.m., and a Saturday lunch at The Tea Cottage on Hickory Valley Road at 11 a.m. Tickets are $25 for both meals; participants are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to the cookout. For more information, contact Carolyn Hunt Webb at 972-835-9385 or email Carolyn@TheCrossingDFW.com.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...