• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding a planning meeting today in preparation for its 50-year reunion. The meeting will begin at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• Riverside High School class of 1966 is holding a meeting today at 3 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 638-3760 or 255-7756.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, July 13, from 4-11 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Soddy-Daisy, 10185 Dayton Pike. For reservation availability, call Linda Stewart at 238-4518 or email email@example.com.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 will hold a planning meeting on Saturday, July 20, at 5 p.m. in Greater Tucker Baptist Church, 1115 North Moore Road, to finalize plans for the class's 60th birthday celebration. For more information, call Glenda Thompson, 629-5525.
• Brainerd High School classes of 1973-75 are holding a reunion July 26-27 at Pier 2. For more information or reservations, contact Mike Payne at Tnmastergardener@aol.com.
• McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park. A reunion dinner will be held that night at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, from 6-10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7-11 p.m. on the Southern Belle riverboat. For more information, call 593-0209 or 476-2602.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, call 622-6432.
• Members of the former Central Baptist Church of Woodmore during the 1960s are invited to a reunion weekend July 12-13. A July 11 night cookout is planned at the home of Greg Carson, 6-9 p.m., and a July 12 lunch is at The Tea Cottage on Hickory Valley Road at 11 a.m. Tickets are $25 for both meals; participants are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to the cookout. For more information, contact Carolyn Hunt Webb at 972-835-9385 or email Carolyn@TheCrossingDFW.com.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...