published Thursday, June 27th, 2013

Cooking fire leaves four homeless in Chattanooga

Fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

Four people are homeless after a fire burnt a duplex at 3967 Arbor Place Lane in Chattanooga last night.

The four residents all escaped without injury.

Firefighters were able to contain most of the flames to the kitchen area on one side of the duplex. The loss was estimated at around $20,000.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, most likely from food being left unattended on the stove, according to a news release.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.