published Thursday, March 14th, 2013

Marketing

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

139
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
John_Proctor said...

ROTFLMAO! Great one, Clay.

March 14, 2013 at 12:05 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Better affordable gruel than promises we can't afford? (I'm not sure even Paul Ryan's budget is affordable, but at least he's sort of trying.)

Better a smaller voucher we can spend as we choose than our share of a big program where we fill out a form and pay a bureaucrat to tell us what to do?

I see our new pope wasn't taxed out of his episcopal mansion in Argentina: he moved himself into an apartment. But these liberals blow the trumpets before themselves in the synagogues and in the streets about how much of other peoples' money they've given away.

March 14, 2013 at 12:12 a.m.
Cactus said...

Government gets bigger. Politicians gain more power. More criminals descend on Washington to get a piece of the bigger pie. The country goes deeper in debt. Life goes on as usual until the country goes bankrupt.

March 14, 2013 at 4:55 a.m.
fairmon said...

A smaller increase in spending and a slower growing debt toward 26 trillion, a slower increase in unfunded future liabilities of 92 trillion is so devastating some political leaders cannot fathom it. Can we dig ourselves out of this hole by digging more and making the hole deeper? Is it healthier to eat gruel or artery blocking, heart attack causing steak on a daily basis?

March 14, 2013 at 5:50 a.m.
anniebelle said...

I don't know what has taken the middle class of this country so long to figure that one out, Cactus. The government takes from the middle class to give to the top 2%, in turn they invest their (our) money in foreign countries where it won't be taxed to help the country where they piled up their massive wealth. If they (millionaires and corporations) paid the taxes they're supposed to, we wouldn't be in this mess. The GOP drove this country into debt, with two unfunded wars, unfunded gift to the pharmaceutical companies (Medicare Part D) and 'temporary' tax breaks to the gilded age crowd. If the Koch Brothers succeed in their quest to 'own' this country, aided and abetted by the GOP, we're sunk. As citizens all we can do is be vigilent and search for the truth amongst all this propaganda being spewed from the teevee and talk radio.

March 14, 2013 at 5:54 a.m.
degage said...

Sorry Annie, Its Soros that wants to own the country, and Obama is his puppet to do so. Almost 7 trillion in 4 yrs, much of it going to his donners. Obama stated that Bush was unpatriotic because 4 trillion was spent in8 yrs so that must mean Obama is unpatriotic.

I remember last year you saying you were old so we forgive you.

March 14, 2013 at 6:16 a.m.
anniebelle said...

I don't want any forgiveness from a moron such as you. I have nothing to be forgiven for except speaking the truth. Living as many years as I have, I've met plenty of punks like you, so you can forget about trying your foolishness on me. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Yes Bush/Cheney handed over a credit card debt and job loss record (800,000 a month) when they left us all holding the bag. If you want some truth, check out this President's spending record. Lowest in decades. Deal with the truth for once in your pathetic life.

March 14, 2013 at 6:22 a.m.
degage said...

Annie,7 trillon in 4yrs is the lowest spending in decades? What planet do you and the rest of your friends live on? You really do believe all the progressive talking points. Its called gullible.

March 14, 2013 at 7:01 a.m.
anniebelle said...

That's because our current President put all that credit card debt the gop left us on the books, moron.

March 14, 2013 at 7:07 a.m.
degage said...

Brain washed

March 14, 2013 at 7:15 a.m.
anniebelle said...

At least I can claim to have one to wash. Get some facts before you come on here spouting your right-wing rhetoric, it doesn't fly anymore ~~ we just had an election and voted your moronic, draconian ideas out! Get a grip. I will no longer respond to your pathetic posts.

March 14, 2013 at 7:25 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova said...

conservative wrote: "So, what do you mean by "pearly gates?" Revelation 21:21. "21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass."

Anything else?

=========

Marvelous! That is probably the first time you have not denied or tried to change what is written in Scripture in our discussions.

OK, you asked anything else? Yes, back to your most bizarre statement.

"Well I'll tell you what. Let's you and I have a foot race to see who gets to the pearly gates first"

I ask again what are the rules for your imaginary race? What must you do to get into heaven or is it to get your own planet in the case of your Mormon belief?

March 14, 2013 at 7:55 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I remind you joneses that your posts that call the president a bastard will be flagged. Apparently the TFP is indeed watching, as a couple of inflammatory posters were removed yesterday.

March 14, 2013 at 7:59 a.m.
patriot1 said...

A LoFoVo in their dotage....nothing quite like it.

March 14, 2013 at 8:05 a.m.
degage said...

Ike, I have often wondered how some of these posters get away with being so vulgar. Easy123 comes to mind. Doesn't matter what political persuation a person is vulgarness is uncalled for.

March 14, 2013 at 8:22 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I agree, degage. If you have something of substance, you don't need to be insulting. Easy often has good information, but if the opposing poster refuses to offer anything in return other than filth, he will respond accordingly. I don't mind profanity, but if that's all ya got, well, perhaps you are only good for locker room banter, not a discussion of the issues. Tu in particular could easily hijack a thread, and most people (me included) didn't want to wade through the crap to find the good points.

March 14, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Repetition...

Bennett's hallmark.

March 14, 2013 at 8:40 a.m.
degage said...

Ike, I don't get your giving Easy a pass on his vulgarity but then maybe I do. Just because someone else is nasty doesn't mean it is ok to use the same kind of remarks. Makes one wonder what kind of person Is willing to post these things. Liberal or conservitive still uncalled for.

March 14, 2013 at 8:46 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

joneses, do you have anything of substance to offer?

degage, I have been tempted to flag Easy's posts; the only thing stopping me is his record of offering really good support when he is making points. Some posters offer nothing of substance in any post they make. My feeling is: why are they even here? Perhaps they need a hobby.

There are posters here on both sides of the aisle that offer good info, admit when they make a mistake, and keep the conversation at the adult level.

March 14, 2013 at 8:57 a.m.
joneses said...

Ike,

You want a discussion try answering this. Did Hussein Obama lie when he said during his first campaign he would cut the debt in half and 6 trillion dollars was added to the debt in his first four years as president? Do you agree with Hussein Obama that, although America is on track to have 23 trillion dollars of debt by the end of Hussein Obama's second term, that America does not have a debt problem?

March 14, 2013 at 9 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

joneses, if you think I will defend absolutely everything the president does or says, you are mistaken. However, on issues of the deficit, national budget and national debt I am ill-prepared to make any kind of claim. I am not an economist, so all I can do is find out what economists are saying, and they seem to be all over the board on this one. As for his plan to cut the deficit, I think it was ambitious of him in the face of GOP resistance and the depth of the economic problems world wide to make such a claim.

I will say that our problems predate Obama by 30 years-the ground of laid for this situation back in Reagan's day. What I don't like is the faux outrage on the part of conservatives for EVERYTHING Obama does, even though he has done NOTHING that any other president hasn't done, Dem or Rep.

March 14, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "Marvelous! That is probably the first time you have not denied or tried to change what is written in Scripture in our discussions."

Really? How many times have I asked you to prove that? I've not changed a doggone thing. Everything I have written came striaght out of that book that you consider to be "God's word." You've got every one of my statements. You obviously believe my statements to be false. Prove one...just one of them...to be false.

"OK, you asked anything else? Yes, back to your most bizarre statement. I ask again what are the rules for your imaginary race? What must you do to get into heaven or is it to get your own planet in the case of your Mormon belief?"

The rules are simple. You prove my prior statements to be false, and then you get your little carrot to chew on.

Are you truly so arrogant and self-righteous, that you believe that everyone is destined for Hell who has differing beliefs from your own?

You cannot even support yours by citing scripture to justify them.

Baaah...baaah...baaah.

March 14, 2013 at 9:20 a.m.
conservative said...

Good morning Ike.

Do not wait for leaders. Do it alone, person to person.Mother Teresa

March 14, 2013 at 9:20 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Here, joneses, is one of my sources. I noticed you offer nothing but insults. Color me surprised.

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

March 14, 2013 at 9:23 a.m.
conservative said...

So, "Jesus did indeed sin" alprova now you want preconditions. I told you before you came up with preconditions that you would not state your rules for your bizarre idea for a race to the pearly gates as you put it.

BTW Jesus did not sin and you can produce no Scripture that proves my Lord and Savior did sin. You only have the word of a dead Joseph Smith. You are a blasphemer.

March 14, 2013 at 9:32 a.m.
alprova said...

The simple fact is that this nation is not nearly in debt as we were in 1945. If one were to take a look at what it took to pay off that debt, prior to Ronald Reagan, it was done through extreme taxation on the rich. It was not done through spending cuts.

This is exactly why politicians like Paul Ryan and other Republicans who are resisting the raising of taxes, are doing nothing but blowing smoke up all our hind ends.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/fed_rates_history_nominal_1913_2013_0.pdf

March 14, 2013 at 9:33 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out, joneses.

March 14, 2013 at 9:37 a.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "So, "Jesus did indeed sin"

Yes, and I supplied no less than two passages of scripture to back that up. There are more, but the he lied to his disciples on one occasion and he conspired to steal a donkey without permission from it's rightful owner.

"BTW Jesus did not sin and you can produce no Scripture that proves my Lord and Savior did sin."

But Sir, I did supply such scripture. Better look back at what I wrote.

"You only have the word of a dead Joseph Smith."

Your deflection techniques are silly. I have not quoted one word that has not been taken directly from the Bible and you know it.

"You are a blasphemer."

Baaah...baaah...baaah.

March 14, 2013 at 9:39 a.m.
limric said...

Nice one today Clay.

The GOP’s economic (Ryan’s) ‘new and improved gruel’ plans claim to want to avoid turning America into Greece, but I think the real goal is to turn us into a Peru: a nation with a few billionaires and a land of peasants. Investment in infrastructure and education are no longer the responsibility of government, let alone anything to *“promote the general Welfare”. The government will in large part exist to protect the rich from riots and kidnappings by the poor. A population kept in a perpetual state of anxiety by a never ending series of contrived conflicts both home and abroad, and military interventions everywhere.

To this extent, the conservative propaganda machine has succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of the likes of Joseph Goebbels. They’ve even created a soundstage created to mimic the look of a news operation, disguising GOP talking points as serious journalism. Their modus operandi, Distort, Attack, Repeat; labeling anyone not behind their oligarchic version of economic prosperity as socialists and turning Obama into the second coming of Vladimir Lenin, while themselves pulling the curtain of deceit to hide an underlying goal of a corporate state (fascism). Socialism for the rich, Capitalism for the rest.

Maybe I’m going a tad overboard. Maybe they want something more like Somalia. No govt. Populated by religious fanatics; and run by a very small group of the wealthy elite over a large, poor, illiterate groveling population. What’s not to like?

Let’s not forget, before 2009 all was sunshine and flowers. In January 2009 darkness (pun intended) came over the land and the destruction of America began in earnest.

*From the “general welfare” clause. Mentioned twice in the U.S. Constitution: first, in the preamble and second, it is found in Article 1, Section 8.

March 14, 2013 at 10:04 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

Joneses is as pathetic and mentally challenged as the con-man. While the con-man's obsession is Bible quoting and pontificating on his own self righteousness, joneses is so affected by his hate for all things liberal that he's like a broken record with his "obastard" and "hate-filled liberals" and "liberalism is a mental illness," blah blah blah. I don't get offended by his name calling but I find his repetition horrendously boring. He's like a 3 yr. old who latches on to something he thinks is funny or clever and keeps on saying it over and over and over. Anniebelle, you are right to refuse to respond to any of his posts. I stopped wasting my time with him and the con-man a long time ago. Sometimes I respond indirectly to something they said (as now) but I refuse to get caught up in a mental tug of war with people who are so seriously deranged.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

March 14, 2013 at 10:57 a.m.
caddy said...

Cursed be the chains that bind,

Our hearts in statist love,

Malevolence of dumbed-down minds,

Is unlike that above

March 14, 2013 at 11:33 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Did joneses' comments disappear????

March 14, 2013 at 12:28 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova - you have repeatedly blasphemed God, creator of heaven and earth with statements such as "Jesus did indeed sin," "Jesus cannot be God," "Jesus was simply a human," "Did Jesus deceive or lie? One instance in the New Testament seems to offer that he did." "Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect." "Did Jesus deceive or lie? One instance in the New Testament seems to offer that he did" "If you believe the Bible to be 100% accurate in all regards, then you by default believe God to be a mass-murderer." "The idea that we are to accept a mass-murderer as an object of worship doesn't reflect well upon Christians at all. If he murdered nearly every human on the planet, God is far more heinous than Hitler. Yet Christians are to willfully worship him without question. Why?" "Some of you may have never considered asking these questions. The flood, if true, was an atrocity of the highest order. It was mass murder on a global scale." And this is just a partial list of your blasphemies.

You profess to be a Christian, yet confess you had years of Mormon indoctrination and you are not a member of one "Christian" church but 3!!!

Why the charade?

March 14, 2013 at 12:41 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Alprova.....I implore you...do not succumb to this lunatic's attempts to bait you. If you must get in the hamster cage and go round and round with him, please find a chat room somewhere and you two go at it there. It's wearing a bit thin having the con-man taking up so much space here with his off-topic, obsessive, demented commentary on the same old thing. And you are only encouraging him. Enough!!

March 14, 2013 at 12:58 p.m.
Easy123 said...

alprova,

Conservative can't refute anything you say, so he just copies and pastes your comments as if a cogent rebuttal will, somehow, form itself. You have completely won the argument. Conservative hasn't rebutted or refuted anything you've presented thus far.

I concur with Rickaroo. It is a fruitless endeavor to even attempt to respond with the psychopath that is conservative.

March 14, 2013 at 1:03 p.m.
degage said...

Couldn't have said it better Rickaroo. Thanks, Of course Al and Connie will tell you to not read the post if you don't like them (at least that is what they told me)

March 14, 2013 at 1:04 p.m.
Leaf said...

I fifteenth the motion, Alprova.

March 14, 2013 at 1:19 p.m.
degage said...

Think Al got the message Rickaroo,easy,nooga,and leaf? We all hope so.

March 14, 2013 at 1:25 p.m.
bluesky said...

Hey conservative put a cork in your christian crap and stick to the subject.

March 14, 2013 at 1:26 p.m.
limric said...

Does anyone remember the Republicans in 2010, they campaigned almost exclusively about jobs, jobs and jobs. But, as soon as the Democratic collapse of that election became evident, the Republicans went silent and have done NOTHING ever since to help create jobs. Republicans held votes on many bills and not a single one of those votes was to help create a single job for a single American. Remember, Mitch McConnell declared in February 2011 that President Obama's legislative agenda is "over" but said the GOP is willing to work to do what they ‘think is right for America,’ ie. “NEW & IMPROVED GRUEL”! With no jobs on their agenda whatsoever, it is painfully (literally) obvious that unless were talking about tax cuts (the ONLY thing that makes them stand up like Meercats), getting Republicans thinking about jobs for Americans is a waste of time.

I’m going to have to concur with Sneasy & Mr.Rick, the Noog and the Degage relating to Conservatives demented wrangling.

But, before we go outside for recess, while in Conservative’s class at school today Ikeithlu had a special story to tell us of something special that happened to her at home.

BAD GIRL!!!

March 14, 2013 at 1:40 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

snicker

March 14, 2013 at 1:42 p.m.
prairie_dog said...

Oh, I am so sad that your impression of the Republican party is that they won't feed steak, caviar and maybe Kentucky Fried Chicken to the starving masses who arrive in their Cadillacs, equipped with gold teeth, to dine on my tax dollars.

A President who will spend tax money to go have a weekend of golf with Tiger Woods while tuition assistance is being cut to veterans of the armed forces is nothing but a self-serving politician like all the others. He should be ashamed to identify himself with the African American community and all of the outstanding representatives of our diverse minority populations who sacrifice their own comfort for the good of their neighbors.

Barack Obama is acting like an old, selfish white man. Maybe that's what he inherited from his mother. He certainly doesn't have the honor and strength of his Kenyan father.

March 14, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.
jesse said...

Al gets off on that crap just like con man!

Two sides of the same coin!

Gives him the opportunity to ESPOUSE his superior knowledge of the "HOLY BOOK"!

BTW: looks like MAYBE t/fp is gonna git serious about this place! HEADS UP EASY!!

March 14, 2013 at 1:53 p.m.
jesse said...

Looks like "jonross" wants to get his arz banned too!!

March 14, 2013 at 2:03 p.m.
degage said...

Freedom of speach is only for liberals on this site,jon. liberals could call Bush every name in the book but don't say anything about their God Obama.

March 14, 2013 at 2:14 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Degage, can you find where I or anyone else called Bush a bastard? Or any other demeaning name? I don't consider Obama a god, but I do expect that exchanges here stick with the issue and use evidence to support their claims. I never called our previous president names, and considered him to be a good man, even if he was not a very good president. Same with his father and Reagan too.

If all one can do is call Obama a bastard and all of us liberals "brain damaged" one is contributing nothing to the discussion. Joneses is free to write letters to the editor, put up signs, hell rent a billboard and claim Obama is a bastard. The TFP evidently decided that he was not welcome to do so here on this forum.

There was a poster here a couple of years ago. My old brain cannot seem to remember what his name was, but he was clearly on the extreme left. I flagged his comments all the time because they were rude, profane and had no content whatever. (he was also prolific, and could easily hijack a thread) He was eventually banned.

There are thoughtful conservative posters here. You for one, BRP, ScottyM, and others that take the right side without resorting to frothing at the mouth. There are others who are clearly in the center.

March 14, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Oh dear. . . Does the GOP know that gruel is not safe to eat after the expiration date?

March 14, 2013 at 2:32 p.m.
jesse said...

Hey Jonross, calling Obama a bastard is NOT a reflection on Obama BUT on you! Like Jonsses, when someone sees language like that the first thing you think is "this is a light weight"!

Idjits(here ya go Roo!) revert to trash when they fail to come up w/ valid points!

March 14, 2013 at 2:33 p.m.
degage said...

Ike, I guess you have a selective memory. I can go back yrs and remember the nastiness of the left toward Bush. I didn't say you said anything about Bush. It was a remark of the general concenses of the liberals. I do not like anyone calling Obama foul names, after all, like it or not he is the president. I don't have to like his agenda as you didn't have to like Bush's. We can disagree and still be civil.

March 14, 2013 at 2:33 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

I fully agree, degage. Fully.

March 14, 2013 at 2:36 p.m.
prairie_dog said...

Both sides of the House, both sides of the Senate, and the Executive Branch of the government have played politics with the welfare of all Americans far too long. We, the people, should pass a Constitutional Amendment declaring that Congress shall make no law which does not subject each and every appointed, elected and hired member of the federal government to exactly the same restrictions as ANY other citizen of the United States.

No more breaks. No more loopholes. No more special interests above those of the lowest-income citizen of this land.

The President needs to submit his budget for the following year, have it approved by Congress, and then live by it. There should be NO use of government assets for purposes of campaigning. Let him take a Lear Jet funded by the Democratic Party for his golf outings and vacations. That's what the rest of us would have to do.

The idea of Public Service means SERVICE! Let him SERVE. He wanted the job, and now he's got it, so let him humble himself before the task at hand out of respect for all who have gone before him, and all of those who have died to keep us free. A guy who never stood a fire watch in boot camp ought to be more grateful for what he has.

March 14, 2013 at 2:45 p.m.
jesse said...

Jon, your workin on it!!

BUT you ain't quite there yet!

Obama is inept and not too adept as a leader BUT if he is a "bastard" it was totaly out of his control!

March 14, 2013 at 2:45 p.m.
mtngrl said...

President Obama was not born out of wedlock so calling him a "bastard" is not factual. His parents were wed on February 2, 1961. He was born on August 4, 1961. He may have been conceived out of wedlock, but that is not what the word means.

I bet many on this forum may have been conceived out of wedlock as well, and possibly even did some conceiving....

But your word is not factual so it is only slander.

March 14, 2013 at 3:12 p.m.
Leaf said...

So the upshot is that JonRoss doesn't like Obama. Duly noted. Thanks.

March 14, 2013 at 3:59 p.m.
jesse said...

WHY, if you disagree w/someone do you feel compelled to denigrate them? I all most NEVER agree w/Limric BUT i feel no compulsion to call him names! Actually He's quite articulate in expousing hairbrained shat!

March 14, 2013 at 4:02 p.m.
dao1980 said...

JR, you're an idjit and a goat suggler.. and probly a cousin kisser. haha

You did make an obvious but telling observation about this site though. The reason participation is waaaaay down on these threads is that decent conversations indeed get hijacked by broken-record or cut&paste loonies that make content rich exchanges almost impossible.

Just yesterday I was trying to read an extremely interesting conversation between lkiethlu and BRP that kept getting interrupted by Connie blathering religious nonsense.

I may should not admit this... but I do feel like there are a few really sharp minds that come here to share interesting perspectives, and over the past few years my own personal perspective has been broadened a bit by just reading and contemplating the excellent points offered by the "good guys" (left AND right) that some times hang out here to chat.

Now JR, show my that pouty lip and call me a hater.. or a bigot? Isn't that what you say I am for laughing at that Bo&Luke style "good ol boy" stereotype you so proudly exude?

March 14, 2013 at 4:12 p.m.
jesse said...

Jon I was ,more or less ,askin everybody!

All those you listed (except ike) are candidates for arzhole but i can't answer why they do what they do any more than i can understand why you do what you do!!

March 14, 2013 at 4:17 p.m.
jesse said...

IKE IS RATIONAL!! Unlike 40% on here! Even if you disagree w/her you can see where she's commin from! The other 40% are straight out of la la land and make no sense AT ALL! I'll leave it to you to figure out what category everybody fits in!!

March 14, 2013 at 4:36 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

I take being called an arzhole by Jon Ross a supreme compliment.

March 14, 2013 at 4:45 p.m.
limric said...

SO Jesse~ Mr.Ball whacking link tripping divot digger,

You can't answer why they do what they do any more than you can understand why he does do what he does do? WHEW!! You sound like Donald Rumsfeld. OR, is it a view from the perspective of ‘The Tale of the Oyster’ per chance? Hmm……….

Well, you just keep doing the voodoo you do so well. And you do do it well. I just don’t understand what you do either.
BONG!! ;-D

JonRoss stated, quote: ”Obama slanders his opposition daily.”

Question: Oh,How? Are you standing on the platform of a depot of vacuous prevarication? Because the express train of needed explanation is pulling into your station; and asks proof before further prognostication.

March 14, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.
alprova said...

Okay...just got home and started reading....

I'll bow humbly to the requests to knock it off between conservative and myself. Understand that he will not quit...at least for awhile. He's gonna troll me like crazy.

I'll bite my tongue and slap my fingers.

I'm sorry for it going on this long.

I do realize that he is never, ever going to refute what I have stated, and instead is going to keep posting what it is that I stated over and over and over and over and calling me a Mormon and a blasphemer.

Sigh....

March 14, 2013 at 7:05 p.m.
dude_abides said...

10 in a row! The market is partying like it's 1996! Congratulations, lefties! You were "right" again!

March 14, 2013 at 7:22 p.m.
jesse said...

Limric, that did get rather "convoluted"!

I got my tongue wrapped around my eyetooth and couldn't see what i was sayin! Sorry about that!!

March 14, 2013 at 8:11 p.m.
degage said...

Al, We know connie won't quit but it will be a relief that you will ignore him, then maybe he will vanish, poof!

March 14, 2013 at 9:16 p.m.
alprova said...

If the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference is evidence of where the Republican Party is headed, there are going to be a long list of people who are likely to be disappointed in the coming years.

They never seem to learn that simple fact that leaning too far to the right turns off most Americans. And that's okay, for their determination to seize control of the Government will only result in their defeat once again.

Rick Perry all but announced his intentions to make another run for the Presidency in 2016. He, like other people, some in this very forum, opined that the reason that the Republicans did not win the last two Presidential elections, was because the Republican candidates nominated were not true conservatives.

Hello? Who nominated the ones who did run? Hard-core conservatives were weeded out of the pack early on in the process. They have been rejected time and again by Republican voters.

Oh...they win a few primaries, but when it comes to the general elections, they fall headfirst onto their noses...every time.

CPAC has made it a point to snub some rather prominent Republicans, and the list of those rejected from speaking at this year's gathering, is testimony that the Republican Party is tearing itself apart.

Republicans not invited this year;

John Boehner

Herman Cain

Jon Huntsman

Tim Pawlenty

Ron Paul

Chris Christie

Mary Fallin - Oklahoma Governor

Brian Sandoval - Nevada Governor

Bob McDonnell - Virginia Governor

Haley Barbour - Mississippi Governor

Susana Martinez - New Mexico Governor

Nikki Haley - South Carolina Governor

Mike Pence - Indiana Governor

Some names of those who are speaking, who have been poison pills for the Republicans?

Sarah Palin

Mike West

Dick Morris

Newt Gingrich

Donald Trump

If these two lists are the kind of people that the conservatives snub and embrace, the outcomes of the next two elections are going to include some very disappointing results.

And that's a good thing...

March 15, 2013 at 5:49 a.m.
joneses said...

It sure is a good thing we have a dummycrat in the White House, because if President Bush were still president, the dummycrats, the ACLU, and the LSM would be screaming their heads off about due process and the illegality of killing American citizens. The silence is deafening. But there is no media bias?

By the way, where is Cindy Sheehan? I guess the LSM and the Dummycrats have thrown her under the bus since she's no longer useful. But there is no media bias?

And another thing, why is Gitmo still open? Obama signed an executive order on his first day in office to close it within a year? The left and the LSM are strangely silent about that as well. But there is no media bias?

And did you know that obama quietly extended the FISA (warrant-less wiretaps) program? Yet another Bush policy that the left and the LSM screamed about but is now OK because a Dimocrat is doing it. But there is no media bias?

Freakin' amazing! Looks like president Bush turns out to be a pretty good president after all since obama has adopted so many of his policies, policies that he campaigned against, and policies that the LSM railed about but are silent about now. But there is no media bias?

March 15, 2013 at 7:03 a.m.
dude_abides said...

"Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee, will re-emerge into the public spotlight with a speech on Friday before the Conservative Political Action Conference, a gesture that has left some Republicans wondering why."

Can you say... frontrunner? LOL

March 15, 2013 at 7:20 a.m.
anniebelle said...

There are legitimate reasons to hold Bush in contempt -- not made up ones like you try to pull on our current president. A new report by the “Costs of War” project at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies finds that nearly 200,000 people, including soldiers and civilians, were killed in the war in Iraq President George W. Bush launched 10 years ago. The report also found that American taxpayers will ultimately spend roughly $2.2 trillion on the war, but because the U.S. government borrowed to finance the conflict, interest payments through the year 2053 means that the total bill could reach nearly $4 trillion. “Nearly every government that goes to war underestimates its duration, neglects to tally all the costs, and overestimates the political objectives that will be accomplished by war’s violence,” said Boston University professor of political science and project co-director Neta C. Crawford. Indeed, the war devastated the Iraqi health care system and allowed militants to hone their skills and export them to neighboring conflicts: •Terrorism in Iraq increased dramatically as a result of the invasion and tactics and fighters were exported to Syria and other neighboring countries. •Iraq’s health care infrastructure remains devastated from sanctions and war. More than half of Iraq’s medical doctors left the country during the 2000s, and tens of thousands of Iraqi patients are forced to seek health care outside the country. The Watson Institute project — which involves “30 economists, anthropologists, lawyers, humanitarian personnel, and political scientists from 15 universities, the United Nations, and other organizations” — comes on the heels of the Special Inspector-General for Iraq Reconstruction’s final report released last week finding that the U.S. spent $60 billion on reconstruction efforts in Iraq and that $10 billion of it was wasted on fraud and abuse. It's funny how history works ~~ just like we still hold Hitler responsible, we will forever hold Bush/Cheney responsible for their atrocities committed in our name.

March 15, 2013 at 7:50 a.m.
degage said...

Al, where did you get your list of speakers at CPAC? It is Alan West not Mike West. You missed Rubio and Rand Paul.

March 15, 2013 at 8:08 a.m.
joneses said...

annibelle,

Are you going to hold obastard responsible for 2/3rds of all the American military casualties in Afghanistan while he has occupied the White House? Where is your research on that b!tch? By the way did you know that Congress, dummycrats and Republicans voted for these two wars and after the vote all the chickensh!t dummycrats and traitors like you turned their backs on our brave American troops. Kerry even made the stupid remark to cover his chickensh!t as$ he voted for the war before he voted against it. You are disgusting and should be ashamed of yourself for posting research from biased groups that have a liberal agenda to destroy America. And you think the UN is credible? When are you going to hold obastard accountable for all the lies he told you? Screw you whore!

March 15, 2013 at 8:13 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

What are you, joneses? A 14 year old? I have flagged your comment. Grow up. If you had a point, you would not need to resort to that kind of behavior.

March 15, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.
anniebelle said...

joneses, you are also on my list of no response. When you have a valid point to make, I might read your posts. All I've stated are the facts, not my opinion, facts. Now grow up and get a life!

March 15, 2013 at 8:28 a.m.
joneses said...

anniebelle

I stated the facts as well and you would not know a fact if it bit you in your fat ass. You quoted the UN but you say noting about the UN not doing anything about the millions massacred in Rawanda. Brown University, one of the most liberal Universities in America stating facts? You are really that stupid to believe research designed for a specific agenda. Where is you facts around the research about Sadam Hussein killing millions in Irag? Where are your facts about Sadam Hussein using WMDs against his the citizens of Iraq? You are nothing but a mentally challenged liberal hypocrite.

March 15, 2013 at 8:49 a.m.
alprova said...

degage wrote: "Al, where did you get your list of speakers at CPAC? It is Alan West not Mike West. You missed Rubio and Rand Paul."

Thank you for the correction. It is indeed Alan West.

Marco Rubio and Rand Paul are indeed controversial, but they are the shining stars of the Republican Party, and not necessarily poison pills.

Rand Paul doesn't stand a chance of becoming a Presidential front-runner, but that isn't going to stop him from trying.

In all, there are 250 speakers on tap to deliver messages before the convention is over.

March 15, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.
alprova said...

lkeithlu wrote: "What are you, joneses? A 14 year old? I have flagged your comment. Grow up. If you had a point, you would not need to resort to that kind of behavior."

Look for his posts to disappear again today. He's gone...

March 15, 2013 at 9:20 a.m.
flyfishooltewah said...

So the cartoon is supposed to be a parody of the government providing the bare minimum to survive, i.e. the point is that when the government gives away services to the poor they should be giving lavish lobster dinners rather than meager survival portions.

March 15, 2013 at 9:33 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Where is degage the hypocrite? He claims to want everyone to be "civil", but never says anything about the outrageous libel from posters that are on his side. I guess he'll let joneses comments slide, right?

March 15, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

flyfishooltewah,

I think you may have misinterpreted the metaphor. The grocery store’s re-packaging of the same ‘gruel’ is the same as the Republicans re-packaging the same budgetary “Flimflam” as something that should be seriously considered. It isn’t.

Limrick’s post from yesterday at 10:04 a.m. may help explain it. Or make you angry – which he has a propensity for doing.

March 15, 2013 at 10:22 a.m.
degage said...

Easy, I guess you missed the fact that I don't like calling Obama foul names like joneses has been doing. And the fact that I included conservatives in my post when I said liberal or conservative it is still uncalled for.( Meaning name calling.)

You have every right to disagree with me anytime you wish as do I with you. That being said nastiness is still uncalled for by anyone.

March 15, 2013 at 10:44 a.m.
degage said...

By the way Easy, I am not a He. I told you several months ago, you must have forgotten. That is OK I forget at times too.

March 15, 2013 at 11:07 a.m.
limric said...

Anniebelle You beat me to it,

Those holding Sean Hannity fantasies, combined with his tried and true Ad Hominem Tu Quoque’s and vitriolic character assassination were in need of a smackdown. Good job.

I too hold the criminal cabal known as the Bush Administration in utter contempt for - the defrauding of a nation, blatant shameless hubris, the virulent attack on our national conscience, the destruction of our good will, the glorification of the worst of disaster capitalism, the barefaced refusal to uphold the Constitution, the wanton pushing aside of democracy, the glaring neglect of the poor and oppressed, the utter acquiescence to the demands of private special interests and big business, the war on the middle class. They, in the truest sense of the word, butchered of the soul of the United States of America.

I so wished Obama would answer Americans call and hold them accountable for the seemingly endless web of heinous acts they committed. That of course didn’t happen, and in too many ways Obama is continuing the worst of the Texas Mafia’s endeavors.

I wish I could end this post with some light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel idea. I don't, but I think the most important thing that we can do is recognize that it was, and is to some extent, a tactic. A grand scheme possibly? Once we understand the pattern, then maybe we can plan better how to combat it. Someone inside the beltway must start delegating and focusing (I can dream y’know) energy on specific issues. To this I give kudos to Rand Paul for his focused energy on a specific and hugely important issue. And I might add, our meek and complicit media need to re-learn investigative journalism, probe into one issue at a time, stick with it and face down govt. threats. News stations must not forget and just move on from one distraction to the next. They need to update us on stories that unfolded months ago but that have been put on the back-burner while new shiny objects surface.

I’d like to say we need a catchy phrase like, …”we will never forget…” but the evidence seems to indicate we already have.

March 15, 2013 at 11:18 a.m.
Easy123 said...

degage,

"I guess you missed the fact that I don't like calling Obama foul names like joneses has been doing."

I didn't miss it. That's what I'm referring to.

"And the fact that I included conservatives in my post when I said liberal or conservative it is still uncalled for.( Meaning name calling.)"

Then why aren't you chastising joneses like you chastise me?

"That being said nastiness is still uncalled for by anyone."

But you're hypocritical about it. I have never seen you say anything about other non-Democrat/liberals being nasty. Not once.

So, which is it? Anyone or just those you disagree with?

"By the way Easy, I am not a He. I told you several months ago, you must have forgotten. That is OK I forget at times too."

You must be mistaken. You have never divulged that information to me.

March 15, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Are you a rapist or a pedophile? Any evidence that you haven't committed those crimes?

How about your child porn collection? Any evidence that it doesn't exist?

Don't worry, I'll wait for all the evidence that doesn't implicate you.

March 15, 2013 at 12:30 p.m.
timbo said...

Aren't these "cartoons" supposed to be funny? May they are just "ironic" cartoons.

If that idiot Bennett is trying to be "funny", why isn't anything the democrats do funny to him? If he was "funny" about both parties he job would be a lot easier. Democrats do a lot more hilarious, ridiculous stuff than conservatives.

The point here is that Bennett isn't trying to be funny. He is being insulting and trying to get false praise by the stupid liberals that write on this page and insult conservatives. Bennett reminds me of a little child who doesn't get enough attention from his daddy or mommy.

March 15, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.
limric said...

Say Jonross,

You wondering if Barack Hussien Obama objects to pedophilia got me thinking.

I’d be willing to bet that Obama (by his blatant omission of pedophilia) means he doesn’t want to be associated, even remotely, with the blatant pedophilic ‘family values’ crowd. Which it turns out are 99.99% Republican. Whose immoral tendencies (and actions) eclipse that of even the Catholic Church. WHOA!!

Hmm….I seem to remember Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld (a stalwart Republican) authorized the rape of children in Iraqi prisons in order to humiliate their parents into providing information about the anti-American insurgency.

Forgot about that one huh?

Go Fish.

By the way, I haven’t heard the President even remotely address hemorrhoids. Is this tacit acknowledgement that he is friends with Dick Cheney? Empty craniums, which you are all to familiar with, could surely connect the the dots. DANG!!

March 15, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.
Easy123 said...

timboner,

"He [timbo] is being insulting and trying to get false praise by the stupid conservatives that write on this page and insult liberals."

"timbo reminds me of a little child who doesn't get enough attention from his daddy or mommy."

Sounds about right.

March 15, 2013 at 12:38 p.m.
limric said...

Timbo,

Clay Bennett is a satirist, political cartoonist. And of quite high caliber. His views on guns, and a few other things don't jibe with my viewpoints. Nevertheless he's VERY good at what he does. If it upsets you so, you're free to change the channel.

March 15, 2013 at 12:41 p.m.
limric said...

Yes Jonross, I agree completely. What I find interesting is that since he's soft on child rapists, why didn't almost the entire Republican electorate vote for him? After all immorality is a Republican stock in trade.

Comprehension's not your strong suit is it?

March 15, 2013 at 12:45 p.m.
degage said...

I'm sorry Easy that you feel I am being unfair to you. I was using you as an example because you tend to be vulgar in some of your post. Tu is just as bad but then her post are so long I skip over them most of the time like I skip over connies much of the time because he is so off the wall. You have called me many names that I have just come to the conclusion you are just that kind of a person and taking offense is a waste of my time to answer.

Maybe I am mistaken that I devulged I am not a man to you but I have devulged it on this site at another time. Maybe you didn't see it. It doesn't matter what you think of me but I guess it does matter to you what I think of you. AS for joneses, he is just another person that is having a problem being a decent human being. he has been flagged as he should be.

Again, I am sorry if I made you feel victimized.

March 15, 2013 at 1 p.m.
Easy123 said...

degage,

"I'm sorry Easy that you feel I am being unfair to you."

I don't feel that way. I simply know that you're a hypocrite.

"I was using you as an example because you tend to be vulgar in some of your post."

I am far less vulgar than JonRoss, joneses, tu_quoque, or Maximus. Yet, I've never seen you utter one word of contempt against their "nastiness". Why is that, Ms. Civility, or should I say Ms. Hypocrisy?

"Tu is just as bad but then her post are so long I skip over them most of the time like I skip over connies much of the time because he is so off the wall."

You have just verified your hypocrisy. I guess you only read the posts of people you disagree with, right?

"You have called me many names that I have just come to the conclusion you are just that kind of a person and taking offense is a waste of my time to answer."

You have called me names and been insulting as well. You never miss a chance to bring my name up or try to address me. I am the kind of person that labels people accurately. If you say something ignorant, I will call you ignorant. Words mean things. If you don't like being labeled 'ignorant' or a 'moron' then stop meeting the criteria.

"It doesn't matter what you think of me but I guess it does matter to you what I think of you."

How did you come to that conclusion? I do not care one iota about what you think of me.

"AS for joneses, he is just another person that is having a problem being a decent human being. he has been flagged as he should be."

Yet, you don't come out against anything joneses says like you do when Democrats/liberals say something you disagree with. Your hypocrisy is overtly apparent.

"Again, I am sorry if I made you feel victimized."

Don't flatter yourself.

March 15, 2013 at 1:07 p.m.
timbo said...

limric..He doesn't "upset" me at all. As far as his being "of quite high caliber" is a matter of opinion. His awards and recognition come from other journalist types who are about 85% liberal in their political views. It is no wonder that they are biased about Bennett's ability.

A conservative "satirist" twice as talented wouldn't be recognized because he didn't sing the liberal song. Bennett is a good insulter. His subjects are obvious and juvenile. Being juvenile isn't surprising because most liberal view points are emotional and juvenile.

Bennett's "profession" and his competence is subjective and in the eye of the beholder. I think he sucks.

As far as changing the channel, it is our responsibility as conservatives to make sure that this kind of crap doesn't go unanswered. I even listen to MSNBC to see just how bad the enemy really is. Without watching the "enemy" we won't know what they are trying to pull.

March 15, 2013 at 1:19 p.m.
timbo said...

degage, slEasy321...Maybe you two should get on Oprah and work this out.

This is like watching a chick flik. It makes me want to cry. Boo hoo..boo woo...This is really pretty funny.

March 15, 2013 at 1:23 p.m.
joneses said...

I am still here and your flagging my post does nothing. I do appreciate you liberals giving the name "obastard" credibility.

March 15, 2013 at 1:41 p.m.
degage said...

Timbo, actually it is funny isn't it. Maybe Muary would be better.

March 15, 2013 at 1:47 p.m.
limric said...

Au contraire Timington,

Quote: “A conservative "satirist" twice as talented wouldn't be recognized because he didn't sing the liberal song.” Ever hear of Chuck Asay, or Michael Ramirez, or Chip Bok, or Glenn McCoy? There are tons of conservative satirists. I’ve only mentioned a few. Each one of the above are award winners too. My personal favorite cartoonist/satirist is Tom Toles (Sorry Clay). He is of course a lefty, but damn he’s good. As a matter of fact Michael Ramirez and Chuck Asay are also high on my list. They’re of course rightsy tightsey, but damn good also.

Sorry if I misunderstood your earlier post as being insulted. It certainly gave me that impression. As did your 1:19 p.m. post. I guess I’m just being ”emotional and juvenile”.

OK – Back to the Freeway…which is already - in progress!

March 15, 2013 at 1:59 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

You are a moron and a liar. You are a detriment to your side.

March 15, 2013 at 2:08 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

I do not care. It doesn't diminish the fact that you are a moron and a liar.

The things you post are inane and baseless. And you obviously have no clue what the words "abusive" and "bigot" mean.

Again, you are a detriment to your side. If the thinking and ideology you espouse is any indication where the Republican party is headed, the GOP will never win another Presidential election.

You are ignorant at a base level that is as pitiful as it is unbelievable. Your deceit is equally egregious.

March 15, 2013 at 2:12 p.m.
Leaf said...

Blasphemer!

March 15, 2013 at 3:04 p.m.
Oldhickory said...

My gosh. It only took the Catholic Church 2 days to elect a new Pope be the face of and voice for God to the entire Earth, and the Times Free Press can't get its comment section cleaned up. Come on TFP. Please take the time to make the comment section relevant. If folks can't use decent language and be polite, simply strike their comments. If they keep up the bad behavior, block their access permanently.

March 15, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.
Leaf said...

JohnRoss is on double top secret probation.

So I just read another story about UT's desire to frack the Cumberland Forest. Why are they so hot to jump on the fracking bandwagon? The gas has been there for a hundred million years. What's their hurry?

I have two points. Uno - Don't sell it at the low part of the market. Wait for fifty or a hundred years and sell it when it's worth something.

Numbero Dose - wait for the fracking technology and industry to mature. Right now there's a gold rush mentality and a bunch of corners get cut. It's bound to be safer and better in the future.

Number tres. Yes, I guess I have three points so sue me. If the above two points make sense and it is in the best interest of the community and institution to wait, then whoever are making this decision must be benefitting personally. This stinks of bribery and corruption. So, which people involved with UT governance have been recently mysteriously enriched?

March 15, 2013 at 4:10 p.m.
joneses said...

I flagged anniebelle and ike for being full of sh!t.

March 15, 2013 at 4:25 p.m.
dude_abides said...

A fabulous time to be an American! We are the first that have an African American President! We see conservative politicians embrace gay marriage! One by one they will try to "outgay" each other in order to prove they are open minded and multicultural. What a wonderful feeling to be a white, Southern, heterosexual man on the correct side of political history! I can scarcely contain my jubilation.

March 15, 2013 at 8:40 p.m.
Leaf said...

So true, dude, so true. In a few years there will be a lot of former homophobes who feel like Strom Thurmond in 1980. (Extra points if you don't have to Google:)

March 15, 2013 at 10:15 p.m.
dude_abides said...

Wouldn't it be terrible to be a racist and realize that most people have evolved beyond your capacity for humanity? Leaning into the harsh wind of truth with your collar turned up and your sallow grimace discomfiting all that stray into your tattered, musty worldview?

March 15, 2013 at 10:37 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.