* Catoosa County Democratic Party: Caffeine Addicts Coffee Shop, 7819 Nashville St., Ringgold Ga., 9 a.m., visitors welcome to breakfast meeting. 770-826-8644.
* Jarrett Little Memorial Ride: Motorcycle ride departs Rossville City Park, 1 p.m., follows 100-mile route through North Georgia mountains and ends at Southside Saloon and Bistro in Chattanooga, $15 per bike ride in memory of Rossville firefighter. Proceeds benefit Georgia Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
* St. Patty's Celebration: Knights of Columbus Council 6099 Hall, 7615 Lee Highway near intersection of Bonny Oaks Drive, 7 p.m.-midnight, $15. Irish-themed food, beverages, dancing and live band at fundraiser for Knights' philanthropic projects. www.kofc6099.org.
* Chattanooga Music Club scholarship competition: First Cumberland Presbyterian Church sanctuary, 1505 N. Moore Road, 1:30 p.m., free to spectators. High school seniors compete for college scholarships awarded by club. 706-935-3343.
* Walker County Historical Society: Marsh House, 308 N. Main St., LaFayette, Ga., 1:30-3:30 p.m., visitors welcome. Reception to honor students Daniel Johnson, Daniel Blankenship and Paige Haney, recipients of the Clayton Bell Scholarship. 706-764-2801.
* Bradley County Democratic Party: Cleveland-Bradley County Public Library, 795 Church St. NE, Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m., visitors welcome. New BCDP constitution and bylaws will be discussed in preparation for the biennial reorganization convention on April 6. 423-336-8497.
* Hamilton County Republic Women: Morning Pointe of Hixson, 5501 Old Hixson Pike, 11:30 a.m., visitors welcome. CPA Larry Rooks is guest speaker. Reservations required for lunch: 266-6855.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...