Since the 2010 census, the fastest growing counties in Tennessee among counties of more than 10,000 people were all in Middle Tennessee. From 2010 to 2012, the counties where the biggest percentage gain in population were:
1. Montgomery: Up 7 percent to 172,341 residents
2. Williamson: Up 5.3 percent to 183,180 residents
3. Rutherford: Up 4.5 percent to 262,604 residents
4. Davidson: Up 3.4 percent to 648,295 residents
5. Sumner: Up 3.4 percent to 166,123 residents
Source: U.S. Bureau of Census
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...