A Monteagle Mountain food fair that previously gathered participants under one roof is spreading out this year.
Taste of the Mountain ... On the Move will allow diners to visit 10 participating restaurants in Tracy City, Monteagle and Sewanee, Tenn., between 4 and 7 p.m. CDT today through Saturday, March 28-30.
Diners will pay $25 for five tickets to be used at any of the restaurants. Want more? Additional tickets will be available for $5 each.
In addition to sampling the specialties, diners will get to experience the unique ambiance of each place.
Each restaurant will have a set menu of Taste specials, which literally range from soup to nuts. Adult beverages are included at some stops.
One ticket is required at each restaurant. Tickets may be purchased at participating restaurants, local banks, Monteagle City Hall and the Monteagle Mountain Chamber of Commerce, both at 16 Dixie Lee Highway.
Proceeds will go to the Monteagle Mountain Chamber of Commerce and the local food bank.
For more information, visit monteaglechamber.com or call 931-924-5353.
Note: Menus may be viewed at http://wa5tsu.net/chamber/taste.html.
• Blue Chair Bakery & Coffee Shop, 41 University Ave., Sewanee, 931-598-5434, www.thebluechair.com
• Crossroads Cafe, 38 Ball Park Road, Sewanee, 931-598-9988
• Dave's Modern Tavern, 38 W. Main St., Monteagle, 931-924-8363, www.davesmoderntavern.com
• Dutch Maid Bakery, 109 Main Street, Tracy City, 931-592-3171, www.thedutchmaid.com
• High Point, 224 E. Main St., Monteagle, 931-924-4600, www.highpointrestaurant.net
• Ivy Wild, 36 Ball Park Road, Sewanee, 931-598-9000, www.ivywildsewanee.com
• Pearl's Foggy Mountain Cafe, 15344 Sewanee Highway, Sewanee, 931-598-5770, pearlsfoggymountaincafe.com
• Smoke House Restaurant, 850 W. Main Street, Monteagle, 931-924-2091, www.thesmokehouse.com
• Smok'n B's BBQ, 412 Dixie Lee Ave., Monteagle, 931-924-7383, www.smokenbsbbq.com
• Tallulah's Wine Lounge, 204 W. Main St., 931-924-3869, www.monteagleinn.com
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: