* Jim Cardwell, Boyd-Buchanan: He went 3-for-4 with a double and scored twice as the Buccaneers beat Rockwood 8-5 in baseball.
* Lake Johnson, Chattanooga Christian: He pitched a four-hitter and struck out five as the Chargers defeated Arts & Sciences 13-3 in a five-inning game.
* Jordan Delashmitt, Silverdale Baptist Academy: His fielder's choice in the bottom of the seventh lifted the Seahawks past Whitwell, 4-3.
* Grant Hensley, Signal Mountain: His four-hitter included five strikeouts and the Eagles improved to 2-0 in District 7-AA by beating Sequatchie County 3-1.
* Jesse Elledge, Jake Stone, South Pittsburg: Elledge homered, doubled twice and drove in two runs in the first game, and Stone produced two doubles and five RBIs in the second game as the Pirates swept Van Buren County 10-0 and 19-0, each in five innings.
* Jake Moon, Meigs County: He was 3-for-3 and drove in two runs in the Tigers' 12-4 victory over Greenback.
* Alex Armstrong, Baylor: He was 2-for-3 with two RBIs for the Red Raiders, who used a four-run first-inning to help defeat Montgomery Bell Academy 6-0 in a Division II-AA East/Middle Region game.
* Ben Dean, Bledsoe County: He was 3-for-4 with a double in the Warriors' 8-7 District 7-AA win over Notre Dame.
* Jared Goswick, North Murray: He pitched a two-hitter with six strikeouts and contributed a double when the Mountaineers beat Coahulla Creek 3-0.
* Tyler Peardon, Grundy County: He was 2-for-2 as the Yellow Jackets defeated Marion County 9-5.
* Lily Cuzzort, Jordan Triplett, Polk County: The Lady Wildcats swept Alcoa in five-inning softball games, 7-3 and 12-3. Cuzzort was 3-for-3 with two doubles and two RBIs in the opener and Triplett was 4-for-4 with three doubles, two RBIs, three runs scored and the pitching win in the second game.
* Stephanie George, Bailey Davenport, GPS: They were each 3-for-4 with two RBIs and three runs scored in the Bruisers' four-inning 16-0 Division II-AA East/Middle victory over Harpeth Hall. George homered and doubled and Davenport doubled twice.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: