Easter egg hunts
• Jones Memorial United Methodist Church, 4320 Bennett Road (East Ridge High School football field); 10 a.m. today (babies to pre-kindergarten), 11 a.m. (kindergarten through sixth grade); 624-6073.
• Salvation Army, 1019 N. Moore Road, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. today (as part of festival).
• Tyner United Methodist Church, 6805 Standifer Gap Road, 10 a.m. today (breakfast included).
• Fairview Elementary School, 205 Jenkins Road, Rossville, Ga., noon today (sponsored by Fairview Baptist Church).
• Union Fork Baptist Church, 350 Lee Pike, noon today (ages 2-sixth grade).
• Soddy United Methodist Church, 255 Depot St., Soddy-Daisy, 2 p.m. today.
• Coolidge Park, River Street, 9 a.m. Sunday (sponsored by Stuart Heights Baptist Church).
• St. Alban's Episcopal Church, 7514 Hixson Pike, 9:30 a.m. Sunday (preceded by 9 a.m. brunch).
• St. Therese of Lisieux Catholic Church, 900 Clingan Ridge Road, N.W., Cleveland, Tenn., following 9:30 a.m. Mass Sunday.
• East Ridge United Methodist Church, 1601 Prater Road, 9:45 a.m. Sunday.
• St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church, 7555 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, following 10 a.m. service Sunday.
• St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 630 Mississippi Ave., Signal Mountain, 10:15 a.m. Sunday.
• Pilgrim Congregational Church, 300 Glenwood Drive, following 11 a.m. service.
• First Christian Church, 650 McCallie Ave., noon Sunday.
Sunrise/Great Vigil services
All times are Sunday unless otherwise noted.
• Church of the Nativity, 1201 Cross St., Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
• St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church, 7555 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, 6:30 a.m. (potluck breakfast follows).
• St. Michaels Charismatic Episcopal Church, 2330 Hickory Valley Road, 6:30 a.m. (followed by breakfast at Cracker Barrel).
• Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road, 7 a.m. (breakfast follows).
• Chamberlain Baptist Church, Chickamauga Lake Pavilion, 7 a.m.
• Lookout Baptist Church, 8645 Highway 193, Chickamauga, Ga., 7 a.m.
• St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 630 Mississippi Ave., Signal Mountain, 7 a.m. (breakfast follows).
• Tyner United Methodist Church, 6805 Standifer Gap Road, 7:15 a.m. (breakfast follows).
• East Ridge United Methodist Church, 1601 Prater Road, 7:30 a.m.
• Fort Hill Cemetery, Worth Street, Cleveland, Tenn., 7:30 a.m. (led by Salvation Army).
• Jones Memorial United Methodist Church, 4131 Ringgold Road, 7:30 a.m. (breakfast follows).
• National Cemetery, 1200 Bailey Ave., 7:30 a.m. (led by Salvation Army).
• St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 848 Ashland Terrace, 7:30 a.m.
• Pilgrim Congregational Church, 400 Glenwood Drive, 8 a.m. (breakfast follows).
• St. Alban's Episcopal Church, 7514 Hixson Pike, 8 a.m. (brunch follows).
• LaFayette Presbyterian Church, 107 N. Main St. (park adjacent to church), LaFayette, Ga., 9 a.m. (breakfast follows).
• Unitarian Universalist Church of Chattanooga, 3224 Navajo Drive; 11 a.m. Sunday, April 7, and 7 p.m. Monday, April 8; message by the Rev. Michael Dowd on how religions must evolve to best serve the needs of individuals, groups and the planet in the 21st century (Sunday) and discussion of his book, "Thank God for Evolution" (Monday); free; http://ThankGodforEvolution.com.
• Tennessee Riverpark, 4301 Amnicola Highway; 9 a.m. today; Christian Motorcycle Association Choo Choo Wheels of Worship bike blessing open to all motorcyclists (refreshments offered); free; 362-3559.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave.; noon today; Easter service for caregivers and care receivers; 756-2021.
• Faith Family Chattanooga Church, 5952 Brainerd Road; 6 p.m. today and 10 a.m. Sunday; dramatic production, "What If Jesus Said No"; free; 499-4924.
• Chamberlain Baptist Church, 4064 S. Access Road; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; adult choir musical, "Cornerstone, Celebrating the Resurrection"; 624-4323.
• Lookout Baptist Church, 8645 Highway 193, Chickamauga, Ga.; 11 a.m. Sunday; choir cantata, "Today Hope Is Alive"; 706-931-2356.
• Soddy United Methodist Church, 255 Depot St., Soddy-Daisy; 11 a.m. Sunday; cantata, "It Is Finished"; 332-1148.
• Dari-Dip, 302 W. Villanow St., LaFayette, Ga.; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday; meeting of Georgia Christian Society; 706-638-0025.
• Jubilee Park Baptist Church, 11811 Clift Mill Road, Soddy-Daisy; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806.
• First Christian Church, 650 McCallie Ave.; 6:15 p.m. Wednesday; concert of marches, solos and sacred and major program compositions by The Jericho Brass, Jay Craven (clarinet) and Shelby Walker (euphonium); free; 267-4506.
• Walker County Civic Center, 10052 N. Highway 27, Rock Spring, Ga.; 7 p.m. Friday; benefit concert for medical expenses of Tracy Stuffle features The Greesons of Chickamauga, Ga., Voices Won of Dalton, Ga., Ken Hicks & Testimony of Chattanooga, The Hullender Family of Ringgold, Ga., and emcee Roger Chapman; free but love offering taken; 423-779-2456.
• Suck Creek Baptist Church, 2721 Suck Creek Road; 6 p.m. Sunday, April 7; revival singing features the Scenic Land Quartet; 886-1169.
• Collegedale Church of Seventh-day Adventists, 4829 College Drive, N.E.; 7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 7; performance of "A Day in the Country" by Southern Adventist University Wind Symphony; free; 236-2814 or southern.edu/music.
• The Rev. Glenn Gattenby has been called as pastor of Cottonport Road Church of God in Decatur, Tenn. He replaces the Rev. Kern Eschette, who was called to a church in Louisiana.
• The Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th St.; 10:30 a.m. Friday (registration, 10 a.m.); meeting of Church Women United, with program on Bethlehem Center and lunch following.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...