* Blake Layne, Baylor: He went 4-for-4 with two doubles and scored two runs in the Red Raiders' 8-3 baseball win at Montgomery Bell Academy.
* Tyler Reed, South Pittsburg: He drove in two runs, scored two and earned a pitching win in the Pirates' two victories in the Yellow Jacket tournament.
* Andy Whisenant, Northwest Whitfield: He went 3-for-3 with two RBIs, scored a run, stole three bases and earned the pitching win in the Bruins' 7-5 victory over Heritage.
* Ben Philyaw, Signal Mountain: He was 2-for-2 with a home run and three runs scored in the Eagles' 13-3 win over Arts & Sciences.
* Ethan Dalton, Ringgold: He went 2-for-2 with two RBIs in the Tigers' 13-7 win over Adarisville.
* Nathan Murrell, Boyd-Buchanan: He was 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles and three RBIs in the Buccaneers' 6-4 defeat of Franklin Road Academy.
* Hunter Parker, East Hamilton: He had a triple and two RBIs in the Hurricanes' 5-3 win over Murfreesboro Central Magnet.
* Brooke Womack, Central: She had two home runs and drove in three runs in the Lady Pounders' 9-4 softball win over Whitwell.
* Haley Reynolds, Soddy-Daisy: She went 2-for-3 with two doubles and three RBIs in the Lady Trojans' 11-0 win over Hixson.
* Faith Forgey, Bledsoe County: She went 3-for-4 with two RBIs in the Lady Warriors' 8-6 defeat of East Hamilton.
* Ashley Moffitt, Sequatchie County: She went 2-for-3 with two runs and a stolen base in the Lady Indians' 4-1 win over Grace Academy.
* Michaela Penney, Hixson: She went 2-for-3 with an RBI and a run scored in the Lady Wildcats' 9-1 win over Powell.
* Brittany Latham, Sale Creek: She went 3-for-3 with two RBIs, a run scored and the pitching win in a 5-3 victory over East Hamilton.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress