New and expanding businesses announced during the past year will have added more than 5,000 jobs in the Chattanooga area.
The biggest job additions:
* Amazon distribution centers in Hamilton, Bradley, Rutherford and Wilson counties added 3,500 jobs, including 2,000 more seasonal jobs in Chattanooga and Charleston.
* Volkswagen and its suppliers, including Team 3 Logistics, Gestamp, Chattanooga Seating Systems and Ceva Logistics, added nearly 1,500 jobs in Chattanooga during 2012.
* Access America Transport announced plans to add 550 more jobs in East Tennessee, including 450 in Chattanooga.
* Whirlpool’s $200 million plant in Cleveland added another 130 jobs.
* HomeServe USA expanded its telemarketing office in Chattanooga, adding 120 jobs.
* Honigsberg & Duvell opened an information technology office in Chattanooga with plans to hire 116 workers.
* GE Roper expanded production at its LaFayette, Ga., plant, adding more than 100 workers.
* Tennessee Galvanizing is investing $2.25 million to expand its metal galvanizing plant and adding 65 workers.
* Arch Plastics Packaging expansion of its plastic pharmaceutical bottle making plant, adding 50 jobs
Source: Company reports, Chattanooga Can Do announced business investments, Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce.