Events and seminars
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Melissa Halsell of TVA will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for Alton Place Apartments at 2 p.m. Tuesday at 335 Croll Court.
• AM Networking at Cohutta Banking Co. at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Cohutta Banking Co., 800 Market St. For more information, contact Stacy Carmosino at 423-763-4357.
• An Hour with My Attorney at 11 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this free seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Downtown Council Meeting at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at The DoubleTree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St. A panel discussion from representatives from The Lamp Post Group, Sandler Training and Woople LLC on "Creating a Motivated Workplace. Meetings cost $10.
• Writing Your Business Plan from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This introductory session to the business planning process is a hands-on workshop about feasibility testing of the idea, financing and managing the business once it is established. Registration and a fee of $35 are required by Tuesday. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Southside Council Meeting at noon Thursday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. The program will discuss the Urban Design Challenge. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this free event is open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way
• 48 Hour Launch: Female Founder Edition all day Saturday and Sunday through 6 p.m. at Church on Main, 1601 Rossville Ave.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: