published Tuesday, May 7th, 2013

Kitchen fire burns Hixson woman

A woman received minor burns to her hand after a kitchen fire in Hixson around 6:30 p.m. yesterday.

Chattanooga firefighters responded to 1405 O’Neal Road but the fire was out when they arrived, according to a news release.

The woman who lived in the house used the spray nozzle from the kitchen sink to extinguish the flames and prevented the fire from getting out of control, the release stated.

Her burns were reportedly treated on the scene by her fiancé, who happens to be a registered nurse. Firefighters advised her to have the injury checked out by her personal physician.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, most likely from food being left unattended on the stove. The dollar loss was estimated at around $10,000.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.