published Thursday, May 9th, 2013

Dallas Bay firefighters save house

The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department extinguished a house fire Thursday evening.

The department responded to reports of heavy smoke pouring out of the roof vents of the house at 1720 Colorado St., according to a release. Two teams of firefighters put out the fire in the attic around 5 p.m. while another team peeled away ceiling tiles. Within eight minutes, the fire was dead.

Officials say the fire stated because of an electrical malfunction. It caused $3,000 in damage but didn’t injure anyone. Roger Woodward was home when his house caught fire, and officials say his neighbor told him about the smoke floating out of the roof.

about Associated Press...

The Associated Press

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.