• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 5:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday; St. Paul's Episcopal/Second Presbyterian Church community progressive dinner, with drinks and hors d'oeuvres at St. Paul's, dinner at Second Presbyterian and dessert and coffee at Dish T'Pass; $10; 266-8195 or 266-2828.
• Poplar Springs Baptist Church, 19000 Poplar Springs Road, Loudon, Tenn.; 7 p.m. today; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also, Grace Memorial Church, Ball Play Road, Madisonville, Tenn., 11 a.m. Sunday, and South Liberty Baptist Church, 505 County Road 655, Athens, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; Friday Night Sing features The Sonlife Quartet and The Bob Family; 706-891-5683.
• Collegedale Community Church, 4995 Swinyar Drive; 7 p.m. Friday; White Dove Cafe adult coffeehouse features acoustic artists Melinda Chaney, Jimmy Self and Bill Hammond; light refreshments served; 396-5464.
• Concord Baptist Church, 7025 East Brainerd Road; 2 p.m. Sunday, May 19; concert by current or former Chattanooga Music Club scholarship winners Evelyn Petcher (violin), Joshua Coleman (piano), John Burton (trumpet) and Tim Hinck (piano), plus accompanist Charlynne Fry; free; 892-9313.
• LaFayette Presbyterian Church, 107 N. Main St., LaFayette, Ga.; 6 p.m. Sunday, May 19; Rosewood Trio featured in community concert; refreshments served; 706-764-2801.
• St. Marks United Methodist Church, 701 Mississippi Ave.; 4:30 p.m. Sunday, May 19; concert by Jericho Brass Band features marches, solos and band music; 267-5530.
• St. Elmo Baptist Church, 4500 St. Elmo Ave.; noon Wednesday; Widows Harvest Ministries-sponsored statewide day of prayer event for widows led by pastor Roger Kittle and area widows; 226-0260 or www.widows.org.
• Home of Genendal Fratantuono, 31 Woodlawn Drive; 10 a.m. Saturday, May 18; Aglow Kingdom Community Lighthouse meeting features program by Karen Pagano on oils to promote physical, spiritual, mental and emotional healing (includes lunch); 296-1631 or 899-4809.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...